OCCRA
Go to Post The neat thing about regionals, is that they ARE big robot parties! - MrForbes [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 82 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
  #1771   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

When you spend a good 10 minutes trying to figure out who someone who added you on Facebook is, then figuring it out when you run into their all team picture from Atlanta.

When you post on Chief Delphi while at a demo.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)

Last edited by Chris is me : 06-18-2009 at 12:24 PM.
  #1772   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Data Nerd
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute

When you get an IM from a buddy who was in FIRST with you who was interviewing a guy who said he was on a FIRST team asking for you to confirm that fact and you can.

When asking you about FIRST is a banned topic at work because the last time it happened involved an orbit ball being tossed at people.

Oh and to you people who are not studying for finals and are on here instead, SHAME ON YOU!

Planning to top a 4 banner year...
  #1773   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Sunny
FRC #5283

Rookie Year: 2007
ttldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond repute

When you log into chief delphi and realize the post count on this thread is 1771, for North Gwinnett, and then rush to post number 1772, which would be a team from Brazil!!!
  #1774   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
436f6465206765656b
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)
Team Role: College Student

demosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Skype™ to demosthenes2k8

...when you go on CD to forget a terrible final. QED.

When you think about how much fun it'll be having minions next year...

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #1775   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2009, 02:57 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Schreiber View Post
Oh and to you people who are not studying for finals and are on here instead, SHAME ON YOU!
I had mine over a month ago...

How about when you go on spring break and have a college competition the first weekend, and then an FRC regional the second weekend where you're volunteering? Does that count as overdosed?
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #1776   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
436f6465206765656b
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)

demosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Skype™ to demosthenes2k8

No, that makes you normal

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #1777   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Precision Driver Extraordinaire
AKA: Richard Raitt
FRC #1793 (Pilots)
Team Role: Alumni

NorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to NorviewsVeteran

Above average, but normal. You're almost there, keep it up!
I was in Scouts but I wanted out by the third meeting. I was in TSA, but I quit after a couple of weeks. I don't go camping with the SCA anymore. I was in taekwondo but I had to leave because I got sick.
I joined FIRST and stuck with it. It was nice enough to return the favor.

#1778   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Sometimes I do neat stuff.
AKA: Katie Widen
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
Katie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond reputeKatie_UPS has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Katie_UPS

When you have stronger feelings for your team than your boyfriend.
  #1779   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
4 Banners, 6 medals, 1 insane year!
AKA: Brendan Browne, Sensei, Mentuar
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup Robotics) 1519 (Alumni)

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to BrendanB

When someone says that I am over obsessed with my job and I reply that I'm overdosed on FIRST.

2013 Pine Tree Regional Champions with 2648 and 2386 + Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Archimedes Judges Award
2014 UNH District Champions with 58 & 4555 + Chairmans Award
2014 Northeastern District Champions with 125 & 5000 + Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 New England District Championship Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 Archimedes Division Champions with 2590, 1625, & 1477
  #1780   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Stephen Industries
FRC #1261 (Robolions)

StevnIndustries is an unknown quantity at this point

1. You pass your team members in the hallway and say "What time is it?" and their immediate response is "12:61". Yes, that is an official team cheer.

2. You sneak into your sponsor's classroom, one person distracts the teacher, and another gets an expo marker, takes the clock down, and puts a 6 between the 12 and 1. All of this for the purpose of it actually being 12:61.
...and then the teacher leaves it there for all to see!

2009 Drive Team

Although the drivers, coaches, and human players are responsible for how the team does on the field, let us not forget the people who don't usually get credit for how the team does: the pit crews who keep the robots running smoothly, the programmers who (although may often get yelled at) hold the keys to the robots' performance, and the cheering sections in the stands who hold up big, morale boosting signs that make the field teams want to go out there and win one (or twelve) for the team.
  #1781   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Team 461 Electrician and Operator
AKA: Will Crabtree
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Electrical

youngWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to youngWilliam14

-When you're offered an internship the summer after graduating from high school based on your commitment to FIRST

-When you do your work for the internship fast enough that you have time to get on Chief at work

"C.N.C." lyrics/"Driving on Regolith" lyrics
Let's all go nuts! Robots! Robots!--Team 461 chant
  #1782   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
AKA: Susha The Russian
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Mechanical

SushaK has a spectacular aura aboutSushaK has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to SushaK

when you go to the taste (a festival) to hang out with your friends and your boyfriend but end up ditching them to help work at a booth your team set up and show off your robot to little kids all the while laughing with your advisors... yup i overdosed on FIRST and love it!

and what will said right above

#1783   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Where'd all the time go?
AKA: Jonathan Wagner
no team (Formerly N.E.W. Apple Corps)

Rookie Year: 2009
J93Wagner is a splendid one to beholdJ93Wagner is a splendid one to beholdJ93Wagner is a splendid one to beholdJ93Wagner is a splendid one to beholdJ93Wagner is a splendid one to beholdJ93Wagner is a splendid one to behold

When you desperately wish your team would get back on your team forum to talk about next year.

Also, you see the word Oshkosh, and immediately think "Wave Robotics" and "2826".

Last edited by J93Wagner : 06-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.
  #1784   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Precision Driver Extraordinaire
AKA: Richard Raitt
FRC #1793 (Pilots)

NorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to NorviewsVeteran

When your senior pictures include you wearing your team shirt, operator badge, and posing with your team's FRC and FTC bots.

When applying for the Governor's School for Math, Science, and Technology, you have to expand the three slots they give you for extra-curricular activities to 7. BTW I got in! Leaving July 4th weekend.
I was in Scouts but I wanted out by the third meeting. I was in TSA, but I quit after a couple of weeks. I don't go camping with the SCA anymore. I was in taekwondo but I had to leave because I got sick.
I joined FIRST and stuck with it. It was nice enough to return the favor.

#1785   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:08 AM
AKA: Zeno Le Héricy
FRC #2915 (Riverdale Robotics Pandamonium)

Rookie Year: 2000
ZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really nice

when you realize that you need to re-write your college app essays since they didn't convey a well rounded person, they conveyed a crazy FIRST addict (not that that's a bad thing, it's just that colleges like variety)

When you get a varsity letter in Robotics

-Z

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: