OCCRA
Go to Post They knew that the number of gracious, professional, make-your-grandmother-so-proud-she-will-puke moments of exemplary behavior by the teams would far outshine any minor mistakes or incidents of less-than-perfect decorum. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 4.73 average. Display Modes
  #1006   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Always a Midknight Inventor.
AKA: denim's in the genes.
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendymom View Post
When.......your family now has 3 generations in FIRST. (Grandparents are ambassadors, Parents ..team parents and the kids are on the team)
NO WAY! My family's the same way
Founder, Captain, Operator, Regional Champion, & proud Alumni. I will always be a MidKnight Inventor.
Continuing my support from 2010 onward as a mentor & drive coach.

2010 to 2013: 229 Division By Zero and 4124 Integration by Parts
Clarkson University Mentor for FLL/FTC, & Lead Mentor for FRC.

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen
  #1007   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Emily Horsman
FRC #2200 (MMRambotics)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2007
basicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant futurebasicxman has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to basicxman Send a message via MSN to basicxman Send a message via Yahoo to basicxman Send a message via Skype™ to basicxman

lol im amazed at the above couple posts, i can see maybe two genreations but three! well i hope to continue FIRST until i die
  #1008   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:46 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

When you are watching people do a bungee run (race for object) at the team social and you do the following:

--call a lane violation (<G22>) when one guy goes from the right lane over the divider
--call a card for aggressive play when a wrestling match starts because of that
--turn to a ref you know and ask him where his cards are.

And then you do something similar while watching sumo wrestling at the same social.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #1009   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:59 AM
AKA: Nick Felt
FRC #0766 (MA Bears)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2006
octothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to beholdoctothorpe is a splendid one to behold

When it's 1am the night before the Saturday of a regional and even though I really need the sleep I can't tear myself away from CD.

When your team does the usual gag and has the Pit Admin announce a fake tool request - in this case a metric crescent wrench - and you actually get one.

Yes, we really got a metric crescent wrench. It was a bona fide crescent wrench marked with "250mm" (presumably the length). Team 1072, you guys are amazing.
  #1010   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Whoa! college pilot.
AKA: vivek
FRC #2264 (trojan robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

vivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond reputevivek16 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vivek16 Send a message via MSN to vivek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorpe View Post
When it's 1am the night before the Saturday of a regional and even though I really need the sleep I can't tear myself away from CD.

When your team does the usual gag and has the Pit Admin announce a fake tool request - in this case a metric crescent wrench - and you actually get one.

Yes, we really got a metric crescent wrench. It was a bona fide crescent wrench marked with "250mm" (presumably the length). Team 1072, you guys are amazing.
lol, that is amazing. I kind of want one now.

-vivek
  #1011   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:54 PM
FTC #0478 (Mustang Robotics 478)

Rookie Year: 2005
fredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud offredliu168 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to fredliu168

When you prototype for every possible possiblity you can think of (for FTC).

Then laugh hysterically when one of your designs you thought of a year before can be integrated into this year's game well.
Pennsylvania VEX Competition WINNERS
Atlanta World Championships Runner-up alliance
Only team to win two regionals in 2006

In 2007
Team Name: 478 Mustang Robotics and 163 UHS Robotics
Events:
Toronto FTC Competition - Finalists (478, 163, 298)
MA FTC Competition - Winners! (738, 478, 427)
  #1012   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Will Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AKA: Safety Dork
FRC #1504 (The Desperate Penguins)
Team Role: Leadership

Erich & Posse is an unknown quantity at this point

your excited this thread has more than 1000 posts

I am a strong advocate of the B.I.G. philosophy (Beth is ...)

Erich is amazing
  #1013   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Have big wrench...and will use it!
no team

Protronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Protronie Send a message via Yahoo to Protronie

You take your lappy to work so you can watch the regionals and end up with three dump trucks waiting for you to get your samples from them cause you didn't want to miss the action of a match.
  #1014   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
They call me Cody.
no team (None currently :\)

Rookie Year: 2008
XXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to XXShadowXX

you conga line around the field and count the length of time that you were in line in points (depending on which alliance side you started on)(your not in hybrid)

you have stayed up till 3 am on CD, with your driver, and head scouter, (my self engineer) and laughed your head off at some of the stuff people post here

Last edited by XXShadowXX : 03-23-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: :)
  #1015   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:52 PM
will return to 766 soon!
AKA: Mika Lai
FRC #0766 (M-A Bears)
Team Role: College Student

Blue_Mist is a jewel in the roughBlue_Mist is a jewel in the roughBlue_Mist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorpe View Post

Meh, I stayed up until 2 am Wednesday night before that same regional (Davis) to print out the scouting sheets, and had to get up to get there early Thursday morning!

And we asked for a four-and-a-half-speed spike. I'm afraid we'll never get the privilege of tool requests anymore, but we ended up winning the Judges Award later that day. Blammo!

Overdose on Robotics is:

-accidentally bringing home washers, ear plugs, safety glasses, a wrench, and (intentionally) at least a pound of buttons

-finding aluminum shavings in your Robotics sweatshirt pocket, and you washed it twice since your last session with a bandsaw!

-reaching into a drawer, feeling around, pulling out the exact size wrench you need and then immediately using it, in the Pits and all without looking

-referring to teams as other, slightly more famous teams (1147 as "Eleven Chief Delphi," which made an alumnus laugh)

-looking at a clock and thinking, "Oh, Athenian," instead of "Oh, it's 8:52, I should probably be doing homework instead of Chief Delphi"

-not even programming the robot, but half-learning to program, which leads to panicking whenever I miss a close-paren

-seriously considering skipping dinner so the elevator joystick will have all its screws back into place for competition tomorrow

-and of course, the classic screaming for the robot/team/alliance until your voice runs out!

"Show a girl how to use a wrench, and she'll put those skills to use for a lifetime. Hand it to her and tell her she's probably better off shopping, and she'll clonk you over the head with it, do your pneumatics system, and CAD the robot." -Amanda Morrison

'09
  #1016   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Loves F.I.R.S.T.!!!!!!
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)

Carlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to behold

...sit in at the parent meeting
...hear "Andy Baker", and three people look up and say"Did someone say Andy Baker?" almost simulataneously.
...You talk about sponsorships with a general manager while your eating dinner at a resturant.
...You skip your first band contest to go to all of IRI.
  #1017   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
AKA: Brent McJunkin
FRC #0343 (Metal In Motion)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2005
brentmcjunkin is on a distinguished road

I have a regional at palmetto this weekend and i cant wait i am going through withdrawal i cant wait i am on delphi in the middle of class i just cant stop thinking about first

2008 Peachtree Regional Winner 1319 547
2008 Palmetto Finalist 342 393/804
  #1018   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
That guy
AKA: Dennis
no team (None this season)

Rookie Year: 2004
DarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DarkFlame145

When your at the end of your last year, your going to college next year, then after college FIRST will decide where you will move to =P. So you can ether be part of a team or start a team. FIRST = Life
  #1019   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech once...
AKA: Kara Bakowski
no team (FRC1189 alum)
Team Role: College Student

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Karibou Send a message via Skype™ to Karibou

-You're EXCITED about scrubbing the floor of the machine room (since it's a good excuse to "smell like robotics" for a good 3 weeks xD)
-The entire dentist's office knows about your upcoming competition, and all of the employees wish you good luck
-What starts as a normal, non-robotics conversation always ends as a robotics conversation
-After spending an entire regional in the pit, you know what box each tool is in when you get back home. Someone can ask where the wrenches are, and you'll just yell "Box 9" over your shoulder without thinking. Same goes for wheel treads, drill bit indexes, pneumatics, and whatever else went to comp. with the team.
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...
Volunteer (2010-present): Escanaba District '14, MidKnight Mayhem '13, Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11

WMWBS '10 '11
  #1020   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
They call me Cody.
no team (None currently :\)

XXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to XXShadowXX

-you are these 3 site at the least 2 per day.
(CD, usfirst.org, thebluealliance.net)
-you have ever yelled PWMed at a friend instead of P0WNed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: