OCCRA
Go to Post Learn to respect the opinions of others, even if they are the complete opposite of yours. - Hallry [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
I'm done being quiet!
FRC #0131
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1995
Andy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Grady
Introducing NERD Vision!!!

Hello everyone!

Those of you who were at Mayhem in Merrimack this weekend may have heard me mention that we were doing a taping of something called NERD Vision. Now for the rest of the world to see, here it is!

NERD Vision is a video podcast/video taped webcast where we will be traveling around New England and beyond, with different hosts, different settings, and different subjects about FIRST which will be discussed. And yes, eventhough this is a NERD project, this podcast hopes to involve EVERYONE! Episode one takes place from Mayhem in Merrimack, we hope you enjoy!

note: I'm sorry that the pilot link is not available, but for certain reasons we did not want to post that to the public. Also disreguard the link I stated about the NERD website...we are switching servers and the site is down for the moment. That will be up later this week however!

The link is... 50lbslater.com/nerd

Enjoy!

Any ideas or constructive criticisms you may have would be greatly appreciated.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Tap it.
no team

MattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattK
Re: Introducing NERD Vision!!!

Give it a shot folks!

http://www.50lbslater.com/nerd

This video is available in Mpeg4, Divx and Windows Media!

my myspace!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:42 PM
1902 UCF Mentor; 1523 MARS Alumni
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2005
Tim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tim Arnold Send a message via MSN to Tim Arnold

Very interesting, and although you guys don't seem to think so, funny. You seem like an cool group and I look forward to more... erm... NERDcasts?

If the support is weak over the summer, please try again at the start of the next season. I could easily see not many people watching until things start up again. Also, what happened to the pilot episode? And what size shirts do you guys prefer?

Almost forgot, very nice server; I got 1.7+ MiBs from it. I would assume you are not, but if you are looking for mirrors, let me know.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:04 PM
AKA: my real name
FRC #0173 (RAGE)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Daisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant futureDaisy has a brilliant future

erm...would you happen to know why I only got 5 minutes of the entire thing? I used Windows Media Player on a Windows XP out of Firefox.

but it was hilarious...whether or not you thought so. I was laughing. Hard. By the randomness
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Greg Marra's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
[automate(a) for a in tasks_to_do]
no team (The Blue Alliance)
Team Role: RoboCoach

Rookie Year: 2005
Greg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Marra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
erm...would you happen to know why I only got 5 minutes of the entire thing? I used Windows Media Player on a Windows XP out of Firefox.

but it was hilarious...whether or not you thought so. I was laughing. Hard. By the randomness
I downloaded the .wmv directly, and the first time I only got about 5 minutes as well. When I downloaded it again, I had the full thing. Try a different format or just re-download the wmv.

Nice work, guys. I enjoyed the episode, even if watching Tim made me really hungry. I can't wait to see what sort of additional segments you come up with, and look forward to the episode from Battlecry!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

The audio on the .mp4 version went out of sync slowly as the video went on, and by the end it was very distracting.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Tap it.
no team

MattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Matt
The audio on the .mp4 version went out of sync slowly as the video went on, and by the end it was very distracting.
We will try to fix that, just try downloading a different version!

Thanks,
Matt

my myspace!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 07:22 PM
VEX Robotics Engineer
AKA: Arthur Dutra IV; NERD #18
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
artdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait until you see some of the other ideas we're cooking up.

This is just one of the many projects that has been initiated by N.E.R.D. There are many more ideas and projects in the pipeline that will debut in the coming months (and even some long-term goals for the coming years!). Although a bunch of them are New England-centric, there are many others - like NERD Vision - that will benefit FIRSTers everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Arnold
Very interesting, and although you guys don't seem to think so, funny. You seem like an cool group and I look forward to more... erm... NERDcasts?

If the support is weak over the summer, please try again at the start of the next season. I could easily see not many people watching until things start up again. Also, what happened to the pilot episode? And what size shirts do you guys prefer?

Almost forgot, very nice server; I got 1.7+ MiBs from it. I would assume you are not, but if you are looking for mirrors, let me know.
The pilot episode was just that - it was a pilot episode to judge how we'd work things out, etc. It was never intended to be released publically.

世上无难事,只怕有心人.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered Linux User: 390661
AKA: Alex
FRC #0422

Rookie Year: 2004
Cuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond reputeCuog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cuog Send a message via Skype™ to Cuog

congratulations your nerdcast has officially been played on VISTA also it looks like its gonna be good, lots of potential. i cant wait for episode 2

Join us in FIRSTchat
IRC: irc.freenode.net #firstchat
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Mark Rozitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Grady
Hello everyone!

Those of you who were at Mayhem in Merrimack this weekend may have heard me mention that we were doing a taping of something called NERD Vision. Now for the rest of the world to see, here it is!

NERD Vision is a video podcast/video taped webcast where we will be traveling around New England and beyond, with different hosts, different settings, and different subjects about FIRST which will be discussed. And yes, eventhough this is a NERD project, this podcast hopes to involve EVERYONE! Episode one takes place from Mayhem in Merrimack, we hope you enjoy!

note: I'm sorry that the pilot link is not available, but for certain reasons we did not want to post that to the public. Also disreguard the link I stated about the NERD website...we are switching servers and the site is down for the moment. That will be up later this week however!

The link is... 50lbslater.com/nerd

Enjoy!

Any ideas or constructive criticisms you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Being in news I guess the constructive criticism I can offer is if anyone edits....get lots of action video in between and under you're commentary. If you are talking about an aspect of competition or a maneuver or a game highlight you should be talking or "voicing over" that video and then pulling out back to you after the clip is over to comment or debate about it.

In and out of video, color commentary, if you are collecting a bunch of interviews with players, then you got to lead up to that interview, introduce it and then cut/throw to it and come out of it.

lets say you want to talk about a particular incident in a match that was exciting or whatever....talk about it, cut to video of it and then come out of that, talk about it and then/now coming up next we have.....

Not just action video but lets say a robot was featured at a community event or fundraiser that week....go out and cover the story, vis/bite/clip (visuals, sound bite and interview clips(s), and there is an item for you're show.

this is not to say you were boring....just some ideas, I am just a camera-operator, but one thing they want us to do at the station I shoot for is story telling, tell a story using sound and visuals with commentary voiced over when needed.

mark

Last edited by Mark Rozitis : 06-11-2006 at 08:37 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Tap it.
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMCENTRE
Being in news I guess the constructive criticism I can offer is if anyone edits....get lots of action video in between and under you're commentary. If you are talking about an aspect of competition or a maneuver or a game highlight you should be talking or "voicing over" that video and then pulling out back to you after the clip is over to comment or debate about it.

In and out of video, color commentary, if you are collecting a bunch of interviews with players, then you got to lead up to that interview, introduce it and then cut/throw to it and come out of it.

lets say you want to talk about a particular incident in a match that was exciting or whatever....talk about it, cut to video of it and then come out of that, talk about it and then/now coming up next we have.....

Not just action video but lets say a robot was featured at a community event or fundraiser that week....go out and cover the story, vis/bite/clip (visuals, sound bite and interview clips(s), and there is an item for you're show.

this is not to say you were boring....just some ideas, I am just a camera-operator, but one thing they want us to do at the station I shoot for is story telling, tell a story using sound and visuals with commentary voiced over when needed.

mark
Thanks for the input mark, its nice to see another camera man on delphi (I freelance for c-span up here in NH). We will definitely take your options into consideration- you have a lot of good input!

my myspace!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Tap it.
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Arnold
And what size shirts do you guys prefer?
Very good question! A big part of our show will be displaying a different team/FIRST shirt each episode! I know that I am a XXL and I think Andy is an XL. If you would like to send us shirts, or anything else for that matter that you would like to see on the show please send me an email here- nerdvision@gmail.com (put shirts as the subject)

ALSO- we are looking for sponsors! If you are interested in sponsoring n.e.r.d. vision please send an email to nerdvision@gmail.com (put sponsor as the subject)

Thanks!

my myspace!

Last edited by MattK : 06-11-2006 at 09:07 PM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

A great start, that's for sure. I was entertained and informed, should be cool when you guys come out to IRI. Definitely keep it up and let us know if you need help setting up an IRI episode.
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com

Last edited by Ryan Dognaux : 06-11-2006 at 09:33 PM.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Tap it.
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dognaux
A great start, that's for sure. I was entertained and informed, should be cool when you guys come out to IRI. Definitley keep it up and let us know if you need help setting up an IRI episode.
A place to stay and a bit of funding (potential sponsor?) would be very helpful in getting n.e.r.d. vision out there!

my myspace!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
AKA: Grandma
FRC #0121 (Rhodewarriors)
Team Role: Operator

Rookie Year: 2003
Bridgette is a jewel in the roughBridgette is a jewel in the roughBridgette is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Bridgette

This looks great. It definitely reminds me of diggnation, but that's not a bad thing. The conversational style definitely keeps my interest - oftentimes a simple approach is very effective. I look forward to the next episode!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: