Go to Post It's a game. It's a challenge. Face it like a man, build a robot to play the game and get over it. - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2001, 11:15 AM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison
Battlebots Action Figures

I don't know if you guys have mentioned or even seen these things. . .

Christina and I ran across a line of Battlebots Action Figures in Planet Comics. . . that means they'll also sell them in Babbage's or Software, Etc. too.

You can own all of your favorites, like the Atomic Wedge, and well. . . I don't really have any favorites, but that's the one I was looking at.

They're kind of small-ish, and they're plastic. That makes them ripe for becoming victims of our robots tank tread, I think :-)

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2001, 02:04 PM
Git 'em!
no team (Robot in 3 Days)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Rudolph
Yep they have little toys. They make ronin, minion, overkill, ziggo and a few others. Look in a few months for R/C models by tiger electronics, scary that they will be selling battle bots with plastic weapons to kids huh?

Andrew
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2001, 05:12 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
We want Vlad! We Want Vlad! That, and Chinkilla.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2001, 07:42 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Re: Battlebots Action Figures

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Krass
I don't know if you guys have mentioned or even seen these things. . .

Christina and I ran across a line of Battlebots Action Figures in Planet Comics. . . that means they'll also sell them in Babbage's or Software, Etc. too.

You can own all of your favorites, like the Atomic Wedge, and well. . . I don't really have any favorites, but that's the one I was looking at.

They're kind of small-ish, and they're plastic. That makes them ripe for becoming victims of our robots tank tread, I think :-)
where can you find them? do they sell them at places like Toys R Us or KB Toys?

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 11:21 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
KMART has them!!! (eom)

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 12:02 PM
#0497 (Orange Crush)

Andrew Dahl is an unknown quantity at this point
just chiecking in on this subject but I think that action figure of BB
is the first sign of the apocylpse

dahl
running for cover
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 12:44 PM
-
no team

EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Go figure. The store on the verge of bankrupcy (K-Mart) is selling them.

We want Vlad! We want Vlad!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 02:06 PM
The_C
no team

Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Dahl
just chiecking in on this subject but I think that action figure of BB is the first sign of the apocylpse
dahl
running for cover
No kidding. I agree with ya there. Maybe FIRST should get a deal to have the national winners etched in plastic for the country to buy. It would be more positive for such a negative country. And it would get us more publicity.

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 03:06 PM
-
no team

Well, having only the winners etched in plastic would create a small set. You could probably do the top 4 from all the past years, and every year, create a set of the top 16 (i.e., the 2002 series of FIRST robots).

We might be on to something here.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 03:25 PM
The_C
no team

Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
It would only be the winners to begin with. They would be the guinnea pigs that test the market. If they sold well then go into production of more teams. At any rate the pieces would be collecter's items because of a limited number and changes every year.

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 05:32 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Winners...

I say just use any robot that is cool (which would be most of them) sometimes the winners dont always have the coolest robots....if u make a winner that isnt a cool bot it may not sell as well as a cool bot that wasnt a winner....

Just an idea.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 05:49 PM
-
no team

Like the '00 Chief Delphi.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 05:59 PM
The_C
no team

This is true, but to start things off you would want to have a champion team's bot made to test the market. It's a gimmick to draw attention "National FIRST Champ..." it draws more attention. After the market is there then you start making other bots into figurines.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2001, 07:15 PM
-
no team

She does have a point.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2001, 11:27 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
I actually thought about the possibility of FIRST marketing little robot toys, but the reason they market battlebots toys is that almost everyone that you talk to knows of them by now. When I tried to explain what I was involved in in January of this year, I'd say something like, "I'm helping to build a robot..." And before i could even finish the sentence people would say something like, "Oh is it for that show BattleBots???" Of course then I'd have to explain to them that it is something completely different, and that we weren't trying to destroy each other. So in closing, in order for the marketing of a product to work, a lot of people have to know the history of the product!!

Whew!!!

P.S. They sell BB keychains now, I got Biohazard, just because it has what looks like a FIRST bridge manipulator type arm, and it actually is functional.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: