Go to Post we need a diverse team, and until we can welcome someone that's not a nerd, I don't think we're really successful in our recruiting. - JBotAlan [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Always be shipping.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
pic: easyC PRO at work!

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:26 AM
hurdling=touch but don't spill
AKA: -=The WANK=-
FRC #1676 (PI-oneers)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2005
ewankoff is a name known to allewankoff is a name known to allewankoff is a name known to allewankoff is a name known to allewankoff is a name known to allewankoff is a name known to all
Re: pic: easyC PRO at work!

omg this is the second of both of our robots modeled in vex. it looks exactly like our 06 bot. ours had a vertical conveyor and a turret shooter with a hopper above it. it looks so similar
Palmetto finalists
2007-NJ Website award winners
NJ Motorola quality award and J&J sportsmanship award winner

Buckeye Motorola quality award winner
NJ #3 seed and semifinalist
2008NJ Chairman's Award

JOHNY FIVE is ALIVE!!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 11:36 AM
AKA: Hayon
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pi-Oneers)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2007
chewy is an unknown quantity at this point

what kind of motor is that on the shooter?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
aka Shawn Burgen
FRC #0839 (Rosie Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
psyco_klown is a splendid one to beholdpsyco_klown is a splendid one to beholdpsyco_klown is a splendid one to beholdpsyco_klown is a splendid one to beholdpsyco_klown is a splendid one to beholdpsyco_klown is a splendid one to behold

looks good so is it going to be and upgrade to people who own easy c or you will have to buy it

Shawn Burgen-FRC Team 839 Mentor
Team 839 FTC Mentor
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 01:01 PM
FRC #0148
Team Role: Engineer

Jay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy
what kind of motor is that on the shooter?
I believe that's a fisher price motor, probably from a previous years KOP.

JT
Alumnus - Theta Tau, Mu Gamma Chapter
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Formerly robotcanuck1676
AKA: Graham Donaldson
FRC #1676 (The Pascack Pi-oneers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Graham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trzaskos
I believe that's a fisher price motor, probably from a previous years KOP.
Ah, darn it! If it is (and it sure doesn't look like a regular VEX motor), that means I won't be able to use it easily. I'm trying to figure out how I make a ping-pong ball shooter, but I don't really want to do a spring-firing one that I have to tip up and down to load like the one on vexlabs.com. I'd love to be able to do one like this- it should work well.

Nice job Jessica! (and what is it firing? Golf balls? Tennis balls maybe?)

2008 NJ Regional, 2009 Palmetto Regional: Chairman's Award Winners
2010 NJ Regional Champions (w/ 25 and 3059), 2010 VA Regional Champions (w/ 1086 & 1418)

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."- Sam Ewing
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."- Thomas Edison
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
You didn't see anything....
AKA: Adam
FRC #0501 (Power Knights)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofl337

Those are stress balls. They are 1/3rd scale of the poof balls we used for MiniFRC.

Also, that is a fisher price motor and tracking with the CMU cam.

[BFIRST Team 146 Blue Lightning - Alumni[/b]
FIRST Team 40 Checkmate
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Electrical Engineer / Computer Geek
AKA: Eldarion Telcontar
no team (Teamless Orphan)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Eldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Eldarion Send a message via Yahoo to Eldarion

That's a little version of our 2006 FRC robot!!!
But we had dual shooters, not just the one, and holonomic drive.

I guess someone else had the same idea; at our regional we were unique.

Want the FIRST Email blasts? See here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50809

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."
-- Thomas Paine

If it's falling apart it's a mechanical problem. If it's spewing smoke it's a electrical problem.
If it's rampaging around destroying things it's a programming problem.

"All technology is run on 'Magic Smoke' contained within the device. As everyone knows, whenever the magic smoke is released, the device ceases to function."
-- Anonymous

I currently speak: English, some German, Verilog, x86 and 8051 Assembler, C, C++, VB, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, HTML, UNIX and SQL
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Lifer
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)

Rookie Year: 2003
Francis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud ofFrancis-134 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Francis-134 Send a message via Yahoo to Francis-134

I recently saw this bad boy in action, and let me tell you it is wicked cool to see the turret tracking the light and the robot following. In my sig is a link to a video with a bunch of other robots we built just like it (the MiniFRC for those of you who might have seen it before). Great job once again guys!

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch

A proud alumnus of teams 134 and 40 || Mentor of Team 190 || Director of Fun for BattleCry@WPI (Yes, that's my official title)
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Always be shipping.
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute

I can't take credit for building Terminator - that was the work of team 40's students. It's a great demo-bot because it fires very quickly and wows the crowd.

But easyC PRO makes it even better!

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh. That looks nearly identical in concept to our 2006 robot's original design. We had to scrap the conveyor for weight though.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
FRC #1748 (Lab Rats)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
gabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to beholdgabrielse is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis-134 View Post
I recently saw this bad boy in action, and let me tell you it is wicked cool to see the turret tracking the light and the robot following. In my sig is a link to a video with a bunch of other robots we built just like it (the MiniFRC for those of you who might have seen it before). Great job once again guys!
Does this mean that we are about to get an updated version of EasyC for VEX that supports the CMUCam?
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
You didn't see anything....
AKA: Adam
FRC #0501 (Power Knights)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofl337

Thats pretty much what its saying.

[BFIRST Team 146 Blue Lightning - Alumni[/b]
FIRST Team 40 Checkmate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: