OCCRA
Go to Post If you're sore over the vigorous defense teams play, get over it. It happens and will continue to, as the majority of people hope. - AmyPrib [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
FRC #1345 (The Platinum Dragons)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2005
Aakash Gihwala has a spectacular aura aboutAakash Gihwala has a spectacular aura aboutAakash Gihwala has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Aakash Gihwala
prayers and support from team 1345

It saddens me to say that a member of our very own, Team 1345- The Platinum Dragons, is very ill. Arefin Bari has been stuck upon by a serious health condition which may disrupt the contribution he makes to the team and the FIRST community.
It is very hard to summarize Arefin's contribution to FIRST in a few sentences but he is always trying to push others to their maximum potential and strives to be the best while still upholding integrity and gracious professionalism. Arefin continues to inspire many other young minds from a day to day basis.
He will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow (the 25th) in order to receive a test which may decide his future presence in FIRST. I believe the least we can do for Arefin is to send him our prayers and support while he is struggling through the roughest part of his life. Who knows, he might not have a temper for once...lol

Thank You, Aakash Gihwala (Team 1345)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
ohhh MY god
AKA: Dan Hoizner
FRC #0375 (The Robotic Plague)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
DanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond reputeDanDon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to DanDon Send a message via AIM to DanDon Send a message via MSN to DanDon
Re: prayers and support from team 1345

Arefin, we'll miss you while you're gone, and welcome you greatly when you return. Our wishes and prayers and support go out to you from me personally and from all of team 375.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2003
Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack

Arefin is the Rox0rz. Keep it up man, we're all behind you.

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Since 2001.
FRC #0078

Rookie Year: 2001
Tim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond repute

Arefin, it is sad to hear this. We all hope that everything goes well.
2010 - 2011: FRC Team 3280 - Rhode Rebels
2001 - 2009: FRC Team 229 - Division By Zero
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:24 PM
RyanN
AKA: Ryan Nazaretian
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)

RyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanN

Your contributions to the FIRST community are endless, and we all wish that your contributions continue in the future. I as well as all our team members wish Arefin Bari the best of luck. We will pray for you tomorrow at our meeting.
Good Luck!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Pocket Full of Tools
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)
Team Role: College Student

Gabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond repute

Arefin, you have done a lot here for FIRST and ChiefDelphi, providing answers to people like me who need help. I hope for the best and that you may regain full strength.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you, Arefin, and also of the team.
Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Fin. From the first time you shared this news with me a few weeks back I have been both speechless about what you are going through, and also concerned as well even though I may not have been able to chat with you as much as I can lately.

I may not have all the answers for you buddy, but by taking this huge personal step tomorrow I hope it will lead to the answers you seek and then a speedy recovery.

We will all be waiting to hear from you, and thinking about you in your time of need.

Keep in touch!
Hopsital better have wi-fi darn it!
Right?
if not, we are only a phone call or text message away buddy!

Sincerely,
Elgin Clock and all your friends on 237.

Get well soon kiddo!

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Mentor, Tactician
AKA: Evan "Numbers" Morrison
FRC #1983 (Skunk Works Robotics) and FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)

Nuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Nuttyman54

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, and hope to see you back in action shortly!

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:35 PM
probably needs a new WAI
FRC #0075 (RoboRaiders)

Rookie Year: 2006
Rohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rohith Surampudi

Fin, your awesome, were all here for you man
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
FRC #1547 (Where's Waldo?)

Rookie Year: 2004
Laura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Laura 1547

We're all here for you Fin. You can get through this. I have faith in you. If you ever need to talk you know where I am...
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey! Must be da money!
AKA: Shaw 2
FRC #0237 (Sie-H20-Bots (T.R.I.B.E))

Scott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond reputeScott Shaw 237 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Scott Shaw 237

I really hope you feel better soon Arefin. You have been such a great friend. Hope that everything becomes well and that you are able to come back and talk to us all soon enough.

Scott

2000 UTC Regional Winners Thanks 131 and 209!
2000 J&J Sportmanship Award
2002 NYC Regional Winners Thanks 549 and 358!
2002 Leadership in Controls Award
2003 Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
2004 J&J Regional Winners Thanks 56 and 303!
2004 GM Industrial Design Award
2004 Motorola Quality Award
2005 New Jersey Regional Finalists Thanks 56 and 303!
2005 Radioshack Innovation in Control Award- FLR
2005 Radioshack Innovation in Control Award- NJ
2006 GM Industrial Design Award
2006 Delphi's Driving Tomorrows Technology Award
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
The Zoomin' Human
AKA: Shaw 1, kevshaw, little shaw
FRC #0237 (Sie-HO-Bots (See-Ho-Bots), FLL #3954 (Swift Eagles))

K.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant futureK.Shaw has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to K.Shaw Send a message via AIM to K.Shaw Send a message via MSN to K.Shaw Send a message via Yahoo to K.Shaw

fin!!! get well man!!
2005 FLR Semi-Finalists
2005 Radioshack Innovative Control Award-FLR

2004 Archimedes Divisional Semifinalists
2004 NJ Regional Winners. -Thanks Team 56 and Team 303!
2004 NJ G.M. Industrial Design Award Winner
2004 UTC Motorola Quality Award Winner
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:50 PM
FRC #0204

Rookie Year: 2003
Freddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond repute

Arefin, I wish you a speedy recovery. Arefin is the first person that I met from the CD forums and has offer great advice to me and the FIRST community.

Get well Arefin.

Like Laura said, we are all here for you.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Ari-man,

Get better, buddy. My thoughts and prayers are for your speedy and healthy recovery.

Sincerely,
Andy Baker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: