OCCRA
Go to Post I wonder if it could be... Nah, that would just be way too... Never mind. . - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
AKA: Jason
FRC #1766 (Temper Metal)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Molten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond repute
pic: 1766 Teaser

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2007, 06:48 PM
FRC #1766 (Temper Metal)

Molten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond reputeMolten has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: pic: 1766 Teaser

I just thought I would start this thread to get some input from the FIRST community on our design. We are not certain as to what we want to use to grab the innertubes and are open to suggestions.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2007, 08:43 PM
User Error.... Recalculating.....
AKA: Linkage Designer :D
FRC #1565 (T3 Think Tank Technologies T3)

Rookie Year: 2005
T3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to T3_1565
Re: pic: 1766 Teaser

Well I am not going to give you a design to go with but I will tell you to keep in mind that there is only a 3 inch clearance between the ring and the spider foot. I will also give you the thought that angles work very nicely for circular objects such as rings. lol those are my helpful clues keep them in mind and I hope they help

Edit: This is of course talking about your arm designing part of things, the rest of your design looks pretty solid just make sure you have agood weight distrubition.

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
AKA: Brigid
FRC #0141 (WOBOT)

Rookie Year: 2007
RedHeadRobotics will become famous soon enoughRedHeadRobotics will become famous soon enough

I like the design. My only concern is you might not be able to load the ringers and remove the spoilers.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM
AKA: Brigid
FRC #0141 (WOBOT)

RedHeadRobotics will become famous soon enoughRedHeadRobotics will become famous soon enough

Well the chute might work for loading the ringers. The only problem is you'd have to line up side ways with the wall. It may take longer to do than you're hoping for.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Going full circle
AKA: Josepher
no team (Team WARP)

Joe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadRobotics View Post
I like the design. My only concern is you might not be able to load the ringers and remove the spoilers.
The way I understand it, they are planning on putting somethnig extra on that pole, but haven't decided yet
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
FRC #1766 (Temper Metal)

Thank you for clearing that up. I probably should stated that it was a design in progress when I originally started the thread. We are uncertain about the manipulator, and appreciate all of the advice we get.

"They can break your cookie, but... you'll always have your fortune."-T.W. Turtle, Cats Don't Dance

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."-Dinobot, Beast Wars

"Though the first step is the hardest and the last step ends the quest, the long steps in between are certainly the best."
–Gruffi Gummi, Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you are planning on putting your batteries, transmissions, electronics etc. toward the rear of the robot to counterbalance.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

cool

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: