Go to Post This is about more than building a robot, we cannot only do the fun things. If you are fully involved than you will be prepared to do anything in life. - Andy Brockway [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Mentor
AKA: Glenn
FRC #0359 (Hawaiian Kids)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
waialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond repute
where can i find how the ringer is deployed by the ......

human player throught the slot.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 04:13 AM
FRC #0237

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: where can i find how the ringer is deployed by the ......

Read the entire 7.3.4 Team Member Actions in the manual and all the answers in the Q&A section of the forums http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdisplay.php?f=279

Do you have a specific question?

Last edited by JohnBoucher : 02-07-2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added additional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Mentor

waialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond repute

Our specific question is: since the human player nor robot cannot cross the plane of the chute, is it possible for the human player to still place a ringer on a robot without crossing the plane. Not sure on the dimensions and logistics of the "chute."
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel

The "plane" is the lexan front of the player station. There is a 'slot' to pass the ringer through and bungie cords on the player side to help hold the ringer up. The robot has to stay on its side of the plane, and you have to stay on your side.

Wetzel
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 10:44 PM
...shiny.
AKA: Basil Mook~Sang
FRC #2200 (MM Rambotics)

Rookie Year: 2007
Matt Gardner is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I can tell, the ringer will stand up in that slot, but neither robot nor human can pass the boundaries. If you want the ringer on the ground, just throw it over the lexan.

FIRST, Breathe. FIRST, Breathe. FIRST, Breathe. FIRST, FIRST. Crap.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Mentor

ok, BUT can you help me with my question on whether or not its possible for the human player on their side to hold the ringer and have it placed on the robot that come up on its side to grab it?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

waialua359, you're probably going to have to be a bit more descriptive about your idea before we could hazard a guess. Looking at the dimensions of the slot, it's 1/2" smaller than the nominal height of the tube and 1" smaller than the nominal diameter. So expect a tight fit. In any case, you can do whatever to want as long as your hands stay on your side of the station wall. If you stick a tube far enough through, you can move it up and down or turn it side to side or whatever range of motion you can get out of it. So conceivably you could place it on a robot appendage, sort of. I wouldn't expect it to be easy, however, and your human player would have to be very careful to not break the plane of the station wall.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:39 AM
FRC #0237

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

From the Q & A http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=1725
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------
01-18-2007, 10:40 PM
GDC

Re: Passing Tubes Through The Chute
It is permissible for both a Human Player and a ROBOT to contact a GAME PIECE simultaneously, provided that neither penetrates through the CHUTE and contact between the two does not occur.
The tubes that we are kickoff were larger then the "chute" so they were held in place. In addition there are two rows of bungee cords on the player side to assist.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: