Go to Post And now I'll just take a moment and say that you've all gone completely insane. That is all. - galewind [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:09 AM
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
BHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud of
pic: Don't do this...

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Don't do this...

It looks like the blue alliance did not try to harvest any of the tubes from your home zone, nor try to scatter them - was this common or not?

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:49 AM
FRC #0573 (Mech Warriors)

Lisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
It looks like the blue alliance did not try to harvest any of the tubes from your home zone, nor try to scatter them - was this common or not?
I saw this a few times, though not as extensively as I expected.

This was a scary moment. The other side had put on quite the pressure offensively, so both 1015 and 573 did not have ample time to get back and line up just right. Regardless, what a great match

Mentor - Team 573, Mech Warriors
Former Mentor - Team 830, Rat Pack and Team 3182, Athena's Warriors
Proud Alumna - Team 573, Mech Warriors and Team 1, Juggernauts
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:26 AM
One T
AKA: Mat
no team

Rookie Year: 2004
65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember seeing this when it happened. It looked like it happened in slow motion, they both charged up the ramp and both fell almost simultaniously. I said "WOW, that was crazy" because for something like that to happen is strange.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Maggie
AKA: Maggie
FRC #1708 (Natural Selection)
Team Role: College Student

Maggie27 has a spectacular aura aboutMaggie27 has a spectacular aura aboutMaggie27 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Maggie27

Ahaha, wow
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:12 AM
It's hard hat time here in Boston
AKA: DFB
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Daniel Brim

Something I noticed this weekend is that 15 seconds often isn't enough for the average driver to climb up a narrow ramp. Most teams that tried to climb at the last second either fell off or only made it part-way up and got the 15. It seems that endzone defense was more effective than I thought... Did anyone else notice this? Or was it unique to the SoCal regional?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

0-60 points: ~15 seconds

60-0 points: ~1 second.

oops.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
FRC #2250 (Lancerbotics)

lancerbotics is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at the picture and the comments and my brain froze and I cannot remember if we can push the opponents tubes out of our home zone or not. Could someone unfreeze my brain?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Achievement by working together
AKA: Ricci
FRC #3193 (Falco Tech)

travis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to beholdtravis48elite is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to travis48elite Send a message via AIM to travis48elite Send a message via Yahoo to travis48elite

Team 48's robot has sides on their ramps which allow robots to remain on ramp while going up. Once or twice during the playoffs, our alliance partners were able to make it up the ramp during the last 15 seconds of the match. This small feature on our ramp kept the robots on our ramp and not driving off.

North East Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Alumni, Mentor, and Coach
AKA: Eric Diehr
FRC #1716 (Redbird Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

cire is just really nicecire is just really nicecire is just really nicecire is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to cire

Ahh.. that was a great moment - seeing both our robots fall off at the same time. We all rushed to go fix our robots up after that.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerbotics View Post
I cannot remember if we can push the opponents tubes out of our home zone or not.
Yes you may, as long as you are not trying to herd them to some specific location. In fact sometimes you must do so - if your robot is supported by the ringer, any robot supported by you will not count for bonus points.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:47 PM
FRC #2250 (Lancerbotics)

lancerbotics is an unknown quantity at this point

That is what I needed to know. Thanks
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Jack in the Hat
AKA: Jack Kentfield
FRC #0809

Rookie Year: 2001
Jack K. is a name known to allJack K. is a name known to allJack K. is a name known to allJack K. is a name known to allJack K. is a name known to allJack K. is a name known to all

What goes up must come down. Was it syncronized to music then it would be cool. I am sure alot of teams did not think to build practice ramps.
2006 - FVC Championship Tournament, Hartford, CT - Pit Admin
2007 - Spontaneous Combustion FRC 1373 - Mentor; FRC UTC Connecticut Regional - Pit Admin Supervisor; Boston Regional - VIP Ambassador; Championships
2008 - TechnoWizards FRC 809 - Mentor; FRC Connecticut Regional - Pit Admin Supervisor - MC Vernon FLL Tournament CT; Announcer - FTC Champ Tournament - CT; MC - FTC Champ Tournament - MA; MC FLL Boston PowerPlay, MA; MC - FTC Champ Tournament - NYC; MC - Beantown Blitz; MC - Where is Wolcott?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Alumni and mentor
AKA: E Relson
FRC #1015 (Pi Hi Samurai)

Gertlex is on a distinguished road

We knew from last year how to build a ramp climbing robot I think that's the only time we tipped over.

More cool to watch was our robot teetering on a ramp like 3 times and finally stabilizing... Low center of gravity FTW
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
None #1138

Scott Morgan has a spectacular aura aboutScott Morgan has a spectacular aura about

reminds me of when we were playing 188 and 1717 in the quarter finals in LA and 188 fell of of 1717's lift

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: