Go to Post "So we have an arm, and the pot on it tells how high we are... ...and then we know how high we want to be... ...and if we're not high enough we go higher." (I have to leave the room, we're all laughing too much.) - demosthenes2k8 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2001, 09:54 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Big E?

Is there anything planned this year for the Big-E and FIRST teams??? If so who is planning on going?

I am going anyways on Sept 29th to go see STYX!!!!

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2001, 10:38 PM
Asst Dir, WPI Robotics Resource Ctr
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the HERD)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1996
ColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ColleenShaver
Last I heard it was a no go this year. 190 was again planning attendance but our fearless leader said it wasn't on.

I don't know the official word or reasons, so -
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-23-2001, 07:24 AM
VP, ingenuityNE (NE FIRST)
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Michael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Sperber has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

There are no plans for FIRST teams to return to the Big E this year.

We have received a number of calls and emails from last year's FIRST Showcase 2000: New England participants about participating this year. Unfortunately we will not be running the Showcase at this year's Big E.

Typically, the Big E changes their major theme each year. This year's theme is "The Big E World Tour." Last year's theme was "Technology and Education," in which FIRST was a perfect fit.

For those teams that participated in last year's FIRST Showcase 2000: New England, we would like to thank you for your help. We had a great time, and we hope you did, too.

The next time we run an event like this, we will be sure to let you know.

If your team is interested in running a similar event, please feel free to contact us, and we will be more than willing to share our experiences.

-mike
Michael Sperber
Buzz Robotics
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-23-2001, 01:43 PM
Never Forget FIRST 1992-2000
FRC #0146 (Blue Lightning)

Rookie Year: 1996
Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Hey All - Alternative (?)

Greetings,

I know a lot of fun was had at the Big E last year, I didn't go myself, but everyone I talked to seemed like they had a good time there. While it isn't quite the Big E, River Rage 5 will be happening September 8th...and is a great comp. Taking place in the Home of city of FIRST, Manchester, NH. We've got a few tricks up our sleeves like best two out of three finals. We're all working hard to make this competition a success for all the FIRST teams out there. So if you want a comp, and to have a little fun. E-mail elf3@grolen.com to confirm your registration is on the way. Registration is $100 and due by 8/31 for those teams wishing to play. Thanks a lot everyone!!!

-Justin
Robots: Hexcalibur (96), Blue Dragon (97), El-e-Vador (98), Astrobot 2000 (99), Last Chance (2000)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: