OCCRA
Go to Post (Respecting a decision) != (Agreeing with it) - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics GDC Chairman
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
paper: 2007 Championship Event Scouting Database, presented by Team 1114

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

2007 Championship Event Scouting Database, presented by Team 1114 by Karthik
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: 2007 Championship Event Scouting Database, presented by Team 1114

Here's our 4th annual Championship Event database. We are well aware that some data is missing. Also, we take no responsibility for the accuracy of the data. I think it's close to 99% accurate. Unfortunately, there will be no updates to the public edition of the database.

Thanks should go to Team 1114's Team Strategy for the creation of this database, especially Geoff Allan and Roberto.

Enjoy.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Teacher Mentor
AKA: Bill Pease
FRC #0176 (Aces High)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1995
AcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik View Post
Here's our 4th annual Championship Event database. We are well aware that some data is missing. Also, we take no responsibility for the accuracy of the data. I think it's close to 99% accurate. Unfortunately, there will be no updates to the public edition of the database.

Thanks should go to Team 1114's Team Strategy for the creation of this database, especially Geoff Allan and Roberto.

Enjoy.
Cool data. Thanks for getting this out so quickly
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Canada!!!!!!!11111!!111
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

They've been working on it over the past few days, waiting for the divisions to be posted, salivating like hungry dogs at the anticipation.

Now the big dog can finally eat!

Thanks, KK.
NEOFRA / Delphi E.L.I.T.E. FLL Regional Partner
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Rookie Year: 2003
Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Karthik, this gives me an idea about what we're up against! 22 Regional Winners and Finalists in Galileo. This is gonna be 1 wild ride!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Team Captain
FRC #1515 (MorTorq)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2005
ZachKahn is a jewel in the roughZachKahn is a jewel in the roughZachKahn is a jewel in the roughZachKahn is a jewel in the rough

Team 1515 was a finalist at the Colorado regional. The database said we did not get chosen.
MorTorq TV - Our Robotics TV Show

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Just a note, we never received complete data for the elimination alliances of the Kansas City, Brazil, Israel and Colorado regionals. As a result there will be missing and/or incorrect data for the teams who attended these events. We assigned the task of finding this data to Roberto, but Roberto is just one man.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
chucks pit
AKA: Big ed
FRC #0084 (chuck)

Rookie Year: 2006
trooper181 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to trooper181

the probelm with a database to predict who is going to win is the effect that happends when 3 teams begin to work together. a robot evauated alone gives it no credit for the ability to work with other teams

2007 Philadelphia Regional Winners! (With Teams 341 and 181)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
AKA: Ellen McIsaac
FRC #1124 (ÜberBots)

smurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to smurfgirl

This database is a great supplement to the online scouting we've been doing before the Championship, thank you. Also, I realize that it is an incredible feat for one person to undertake, so I understand the inaccuracy, but I just wanted to point out that 1124 won the UTC CT Regional, which the database didn't mention.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfgirl View Post
This database is a great supplement to the online scouting we've been doing before the Championship, thank you. Also, I realize that it is an incredible feat for one person to undertake, so I understand the inaccuracy, but I just wanted to point out that 1124 won the UTC CT Regional, which the database didn't mention.
I'm not sure which sheet you're looking at, but when I use the database 1124's win of the UTC regionals definitely does appear.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Thank you 1114! This worksheet saves many teams tons of work.

AB
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain

This is very handy. I remember seeing a version of this long time ago in 2004 made by Joe Johnson and another one by Karthik. Nice job.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Bharat Nain : 04-07-2007 at 12:00 AM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-07-2007, 01:06 AM
is all over it.
AKA: Sarah Le
no team

LightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to LightWaves1636 Send a message via Yahoo to LightWaves1636

Wow this is awesome, nice work guys.
FRC Team 2859 - Blasterbots - CSM Robotics Outreach - Golden, CO ('09 - '10 Coach)
FRC Team 3320 - Miracles & Machines - Eastside Memorial High School - Austin, TX ('10 - '12 Mentor)
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Teacher Mentor
AKA: Bill Pease
FRC #0176 (Aces High)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1995
AcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud ofAcesPease has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfgirl View Post
We remember that you won at UTC. Good job guys.

My drivers have found this to be a very useful tool for "pre" scouting. Everyone should still watch the quals on their field, the way a team is performing the weekend of the championships is the most important factor in choosing partners. Different regionals have different styles of play and so will the championship.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Ambitiously Disappointing
AKA: Andy Burchardt
FRC #0171 (Cheese Curd Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2004
AndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond repute

Great program, very nice to have the information. Just one thing, Team 269 was picked 4th at Wisconsin, not 15th or whatever it says.

Anyways, other than that, I have found this program to be a great help, this year and last. Thanks Karthik.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: