OCCRA
Go to Post Just remember, a spark of inspiration can produce a lifetime of success. - JoeXIII'007 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM
2009 Control System Beta Test Team
FRC #0842 (Formerly 39)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
BornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant futureBornaE has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to BornaE
Best Autonomous

Hey Every One,
Unfortunately This years Autonomous Wasn't important enough for most of the teams to spend time on it, But it was the Most fun challenge for me.
so If you wanted to give an award to the best autonomous robot, what team would you give it to?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Chopsaw??
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2005
James1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Autonomous

79, captain crunch had a great auto mode. They went middle under the light and hit it most of the times I saw it. Granted they were at every event I was at so I got to see them alot
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain

1902 and 375. i can't choose - both are very sweet.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Got my degree and ready for more!
AKA: Dan
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
InfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond repute

Of the teams I actually saw in person: 1730 had the best autonomous mode.

How about 190 in 2004?

...wait...
Who knew silence could be so loud?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Observer
no team

Zyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond reputeZyik has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to say from watching the webcast and the clip here, 340. That was a nice auto correct.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
no team
Team Role: Programmer

Jon Anderson is a glorious beacon of lightJon Anderson is a glorious beacon of lightJon Anderson is a glorious beacon of lightJon Anderson is a glorious beacon of lightJon Anderson is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Jon Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14 View Post
Of the teams I actually saw in person: 1730 had the best autonomous mode.

How about 190 in 2004?

...wait...
1730 had one of the best autonomous modes I saw this year. Along the lines of them were 910 and 233. All three of them tracked the light via the camera and were very consistent in scoring.

330 also had a very good auto but I think they dead reckoned theirs.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Miranda: Design and Scouting
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

MGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond reputeMGoelz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MGoelz Send a message via Yahoo to MGoelz

1730 had a great auto mode; I didn't get to watch them at the Championships, but I know it was doing well at Boilermaker.

I would have to say that 910's autonomous was accurate and consistent. During practice they scored at least twice and during matches at least four times, if not, more. I loved watching theirs though, because their arm was made to flip over the robot, and that's how they scored in autonomous. It was amazing to watch.

1114 also had a very nice autonomous mode. It was realiable and scored at least five times during matches. (It might have been more, since I was in the pits during the rest of the elimination, quarter, and semi finals matches.)

Other notables from Curie are: 1510, 365, 2046, and 716.

1001 also scored a couple times in auto.

2054 and 558 scored once or twice during practice as well, but I don't believe they scored in autonomous during qualifying.
"The ideal engineer is a composite ... He is not a scientist, he is not a mathematician, he is not a sociologist or a writer; but he may use the knowledge and techniques of any or all of these disciplines in solving engineering problems."
N. W. Dougherty
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute

1114 and 1902's worked almost all the time. Watch the 1114+67 combo at GLR, it was cool.

2056 had a nice one that went across the field to score, but it never actually scored, so---

I dont know. There were alot of consistent autonomous scorers.

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
President and Senior Programmer
AKA: Clinton
FRC #0498 (Cobra Commanders)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2006
mormannoob is on a distinguished road

I say 39,correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe they used the camera so they scored almost every time

Wait I have to lead programmers thats like asking a kid who doesnt know how to ride a bike to lead a group of guys at the tour de france
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Mountain Dew Bandolier Man
AKA: David Resowski
FRC #0910 (Foley Freeze)

Rookie Year: 2006
Herodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I noticed this year was that there wasn't a lot of autonomous, but once a team got it working they tended to keep it working for the rest of the season. Most of the teams I saw score in autonomous were pretty consistent, atleast from what I saw. I have to agree with the comments on 1114. They had a nice bot and autonomous was no exception.

I also liked 48's defense autonomous, along with a few other teams that had effective defensive autonomous modes. I'm surprised more teams didn't do something like them.

Kudos to them and all the other teams that managed to get an autonomous mode working.

Thanks for the comments on our autonomous. Our two coders were almost always working on it, whenever they had a chance. The way they worked you might think they themselves were programmed to simply write code and compile it. Unfortunately during the finals on Einstein, and to a lesser degree on the Curie elimination matches, the camera wasn't fully synced to the field and once it got close to the rack it got confused by the lights above it. Other then that it was a beautiful thing.

Autonomous mode in general is really something to watch, especially when you are on the field and can see for yourself that no one is touching the controls. That feeling is something that would probably be hard for a non-robotics person to understand.
2009 Detroit District Finalists - Thanks to 1856 and 2620
2009 Kettering District Quarter-Finalists - Thanks to 1504 and 1025.
2008 Kettering Kickoff Champions - Thanks to 67, 1075 & 2619
2008 MARC Finalists - thanks 67 & 226
2008 Great Lakes Finalists - thanks 66 & 217
2008 Western Michigan Semi-Finalists - thanks 2337 and 1504
2008 GLR Judges Award Winner
2007 Curie Division Champions - thanks 330 and 1270
2007 ARC Champions (13 and 0, plus scoring a double-keeper!) - thanks 1625 and 313
2007 MARC Champions - thanks 1732 and 1023
2007 Xerox Creativity Award - Western Michign
2006 I.R.I. Champions - thanks 71 and 1625
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Mentor / Bayou LRI
AKA: DeepWater
FRC #0456 (Siege Robotics)

ChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond repute

1114. Watching 1114 was like watching magic. It worked every time I saw them.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:49 PM
The Blue Alliance Staff / 177 Alum
no team (TBA / Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Chris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond reputeChris Marra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Marra

One of the most consistent robots I saw all year was 1124, who scored almost every time on the close side, and although I don't think they ran it on the field, were able to go accross the field while practicing.

I was also impressed by 195, who developed their auto mode after UTC, and before Nationals, although I don't know how it did.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2007, 01:03 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
330 also had a very good auto but I think they dead reckoned theirs.
Yep. Just point and shoot and hope you guess right on where the rack will be. (We often missed, though we were close most of the time.)

67, 1114, 910, 1902, 368, the list goes on. I think if it scored a keeper, it wins. (Then again, I'm more mechanical than programming.)
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Breathe in... Breathe out...
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Rookie Year: 2002
Michael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond repute

233 anyone? They were the only team I saw score in auto on the top spider leg. They did it almost every time in the Archamedies eliminations, yet missed pretty much every time on Einstein. I think something was wrong with the lights on Einstein though, because 1902 missed pretty much every time as well, and if anyone should be hitting it in auto, its 1902. Did anyone else notice the auto misses on Einstein?
2012-2013 - Team 1662 - Lead Mentor, Coach
2013-20?? - Team 1678 - Mentor, Coach
**Like Us On Facebook!**
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:31 AM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: