OCCRA
Go to Post Mob JVN for autographs - Jay Trzaskos [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:26 AM
AKA: Matthew Eastman
FRC #2199 (Robo-Lions)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Adama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Adama Send a message via Skype™ to Adama
could they pick a worst day

One of our sponsers, Raytheon, who gave us at least $1000 this year has asked us to come to a middle school science fair and present what we did and hopefully inspire some middle schoolers. However, this fair is on june
7th, which is graduation for the senoirs and finals for everyone else. No one is available to go (its during the school day). We ought to go since they gave us a sizable amount of money but it really just a very bad day for robotics.

obviously we will have to tell them we are unavailable but im not sure what to do aside from that.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:33 AM
FRC #0237

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: could they pick a worst day

They will understand the reasons that you have presented. Scheduling these things is a huge problem.
I would talk to your administration and see what can be worked out. They appreciate having the team in the school and will work with you. See what they say.
Can one of your mentors do the demo?
Do they have Lego in the middle school and perhaps the Lego advisor will demo for you?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
AKA: Jacob Komar
no team

whytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to whytheheckme Send a message via AIM to whytheheckme Send a message via MSN to whytheheckme Send a message via Yahoo to whytheheckme Send a message via Skype™ to whytheheckme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoucher View Post
They will understand the reasons that you have presented. Scheduling these things is a huge problem.
I would talk to your administration and see what can be worked out. They appreciate having the team in the school and will work with you. See what they say.
Can one of your mentors do the demo?
Do they have Lego in the middle school and perhaps the Lego advisor will demo for you?
These are great ideas! If I was around in MD, I would love to volunteer to help. Perhaps you can find a local team that will lend a helping hand?

Jacob
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Pocket Full of Tools
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
Gabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond repute

Well, potentially this could be very good, if you have a little bit of time. A lot of it depends on how long the science fair is going on, or if they could extend it just so you can have at least half an hour of presentation time. Nothing would be greater than to appear in your graduation cap and gown, and talk about the ways that FIRST robotics has inspired your future choices, such as the university you will be attending and what you plan to major in.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
None #1138

Rookie Year: 2004
Scott Morgan has a spectacular aura aboutScott Morgan has a spectacular aura about

I know what you mean.
We have a demo for Xerox schedualed for the same day as our Prom.
Fortunatly we have plenty of underclassmen to go.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Back in the Game
AKA: Ed Venator
FRC #2399

FourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud ofFourPenguins has much to be proud of

Will every member of the team have finals? I know that at my school classes like PE and study halls don't have final exams, but are still scheduled into the final days.
-2007 New York Regional Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
-2008 New Jersey Regional Finalist, Chesapeake Regional Winner, Championship Event Overall Top Seed
HB 2399
-2009 Buckeye Regional Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award, Pittsburgh Regional GM Industrial Design Award
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
AKA: Matthew Eastman
FRC #2199 (Robo-Lions)

Adama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to allAdama is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Adama Send a message via Skype™ to Adama

@ four penguins

I suppose we could check on a member by member basis but Im not sure we can even get a teacher or mentor down there even if students were available.

Perhaps we could talk to another team in the BAA ( Baltimore area alliance).

the fair is from 9 to 12 in the morning
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
FRC #0237

JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any former members that might pass for team members?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
www.TwoPencilDesigns.com
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
FRC #1405

Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alex Cormier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I know what you mean.
Xerox you say?

Are you near 1425?

Two Pencil Designs - Vinyl Graphics, Bumper Numbers, and Strategy Items!
Like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Facebook.com/TwoPencilDesigns & TwoPencilDesign
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
None #1138

Scott Morgan has a spectacular aura aboutScott Morgan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Cormier View Post
Xerox you say?

Are you near 1425?
We're in Southern California, 1425 is based in Oregon
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
www.TwoPencilDesigns.com
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
FRC #1405

Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alex Cormier

Quote:
We're in Southern California, 1425 is based in Oregon
haha, oh yeah i forgot about them in a different state!

How's it look for getting Xerox?

We in Rochester love Xerox for any sponsorship they give!

Two Pencil Designs - Vinyl Graphics, Bumper Numbers, and Strategy Items!
Like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Facebook.com/TwoPencilDesigns & TwoPencilDesign
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Ellery's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Working on my 10 month old robot...
AKA: Ellery
no team (X-CATS - on Sabbatical)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 1999
Ellery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ellery Send a message via Yahoo to Ellery

Quote:
I know what you mean.
Scott,

Just curious who at Xerox are you presenting to and what office division?
I can always see what I can do internally pending what your team is looking for as an outcome.

Ellery
"We don't just build robots we build people..."
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)

Rookie Year: 2002
RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama View Post
@ four penguins

I suppose we could check on a member by member basis but Im not sure we can even get a teacher or mentor down there even if students were available.

Perhaps we could talk to another team in the BAA ( Baltimore area alliance).

the fair is from 9 to 12 in the morning
Matthew, if the team would like to talk about possible options, have one of your mentors contact me jbeatty@usfirst.org
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM
None #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Cormier View Post
haha, oh yeah i forgot about them in a different state!

How's it look for getting Xerox?

We in Rochester love Xerox for any sponsorship they give!
Xerox has already agreed to sponsor us, and has already donated their services by printing sponsor logo, and team number decals for our robot. When we go there we'll just be picking up our check, and showing off our robot so they know what their money is going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellery View Post
Scott,

Just curious who at Xerox are you presenting to and what office division?
I can always see what I can do internally pending what your team is looking for as an outcome.

Ellery
I actually don't know who we are presenting to, but I can ask at our team meeting tomorrow.

Last edited by Scott Morgan : 05-03-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: