OCCRA
Go to Post What has happened has happened. Humans were involved, mistakes made. Clarification will come... - Wetzel [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:56 PM
foote stepped in
AKA: E. Foote
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
efoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond repute
Whats your opinion, Pro-life or Pro-Choice?

So, I've got a few scholarships that I'm applying for that require a Pro-Life essay. This means to me that I need to know both sides of the issue, to make my essay as objective as possible.

What I would like to know is what is your take on the issue, and include your specific reasons. If you have resources you'd like to point me to, that would be appreciated also.

Also, this thread is not intended to start a big long argument, and is especially not intended to begin a flame. Please refrain from responding specifically to anyone's post, unless you agree with their take on the matter.

I value the CD community's opinions very highly, so don't disappoint me.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton
Re: Whats your opinion, Pro-life or Pro-Choice?

Not to offend you but I don't think this topic should not be discussed here on chief delphi. I have seen this issue bring out the worst in people. There are literately millions of articles out there that argue for both sides.
Quality Robots Since 1996
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Counting Down to Kickoff
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Eugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond repute

Hi efoote,

To second what Kyle said, I would like to caution you against this discussion. While it's very clear that you are doing your best to facilitate a calm discussion, that is not usually how things work out. I encourage you to use some of the following sources to pursue your studies instead:

Ethics texts - I had a great Ethics textbook for a course recently, and we discussed abortion. Feel free to PM me for the title.

Editorials in newspapers - Everywhere you look, you can find these. I encourage you to look for different sorts of sources - ones that are reputably conservative, liberal, religious, radical, etc. Ask your librarians, ask your teachers.

If Chief Delphi is truly the only source you can access - pm people and ask politely for their take on things. Come up with a list of questions that you would like answered, and ask people to reply to you personally, and then thank them for their time.

Good luck on your project - thanks for thinking of us, but sometimes there are different places to search.

Team 461 for life!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:29 AM
FRC #0829 (Digital Goats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
IndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you should ask for responses via PM or email.

2012 Boilermaker Engineering Excellence Award
2010 Boilermaker Rockwell Innovation in Control Award.
2009 Buckeye J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2009 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2008 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2007 St Louis Regional Winners
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

In addition, you could make a poll but disable the feature that allows users to see how specific people voted. If they're comfortable sharing their views to all, they can here. If they want privacy, they can send you their reasons via PM.

We had friends who have unsuccessfully been trying for years to start a family. About a month ago, they were blessed with adopting of a baby girl who has a rather sordid family history. The opportunities this child will receive and the pure elation she has give my friends (as well as personal convictions) compels me to cast my vote for the pro-life side.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Mike Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond repute

This is a topic that will generate heated debate.

I am closing this thread.

This is not related to Robotics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: