OCCRA
Go to Post To me, my mentors are the Father figures. They guide me through each and everything (even if its not robot related), and try to make it as fun as possible. - RoboMadi [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Every moment is a Kodak one.
FRC #0071 (Team Hammond)
Team Role: Photography

Rookie Year: 2005
Alivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond reputeAlivia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alivia
Ode to FIRST Mentors

A previous post on here about a mentor of FIRST has sparked my interest in starting a new thread, where students/alumni or anyone else interested can give their views on how his/her FIRST mentor(s) have truly changed their lives. Because, let's face it...these mentors mean the world to us.

I was thinking about the FIRST mentors in my life, and came to the realization that no matter how many times I say thank you, no matter how many times I try to do them a favor, no matter how much apprecation I show them--I can never truly express how much they mean to me. The phrase 'thank you' just doesn't seem to be big or strong enough to encompass my emotions and gratitude for all they have done for me. How do you thank someone who has never given up on you? How do you thank someone who has made you a better person? How do you thank someone who never let you fall?

FIRST mentors are simply amazing. I can say 'thank you' until my face turns blue, but my mentors will never know how much they really mean to me and how I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them. FIRST is made up of truly magnificent people who some may see as average, but that we see as extraordinary.

So please feel free to express your gratitude towards your own mentor(s) here. They deserve all the recognition in the world for all that they have done for us. You are ALL amazing, AMAZING people.
2004-2007 AND 2011-PRESENT: Team Hammond #71
2007-2011
Team 1720/PhyXTGears

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. -Anatole France

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: