OCCRA
Go to Post But please, don't attempt to subvert the rules. It almost invariably becomes more trouble than it's worth. - Billfred [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average. Display Modes
  #421   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Game hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rotolo View Post
YIKES! 418 posts, this thread is moving far too fast. Is it bad that I have read every post?
That's not YIKES, that's cool.
And yay for reading all the posts, you get an extra chocolate covered cherry!

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #422   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
User Error.... Recalculating.....
AKA: Linkage Designer :D
FRC #1565 (T3 Think Tank Technologies T3)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
T3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to T3_1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
That's not YIKES, that's cool.
And yay for reading all the posts, you get an extra chocolate covered cherry!
mmmmm cherry!!! too bad I'm too busy to read the posts.... (too many things to do with robots lol)
  #423   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Feeling Honorable
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)

DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jane, one day I'll collect!

And EricH, I am so absorbed I have literally forgotten what month is it. D'oh!

Don

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
  #424   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3_1565 View Post
thats the only thing I saw, yet AL is across the states and CT is that far plus north! hmmmmmmmmm
Yeah... we didn't technically get our part yet.
We did get the e-mail though.
That's my bad! Thats what I get for having a conversation about this @ 2am in the morning. We have e-mail confirmation, but no part yet as of 8pm 12/17/07.

#425   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
in between teams
AKA: Luke Van Oort
no team

lukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lukevanoort

Quote:
Is it bad that I have read every post?
It just means you are skilled at finding ways to waste inordinate amounts of your time for little to no gain. (I've read every post too, so I'm in the same boat) Actually, this thread might make an interesting mathematical study given that the rate of posting of certain ideas (hoax, virtual game piece, etc) seems (from what I remember of the previous 425 posts) almost like a damped sinusoidal pattern. I'd imagine that the period of the sine wave is probably somehow related to the number 15 (as in the default posts/page).

Last edited by lukevanoort : 12-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.
  #426   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
RyanN
AKA: Ryan Nazaretian
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)

RyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanN

Here is something that just popped in my head...

The autonomous game: There are n number of blue or red boxes with green stripes on the field. We still get cameras, but they are used to look for the boxes. There are 4 types of boxes:
0 point boxes, 2 point boxes, 4 point boxes, and 8 point boxes (made up values of course)
Each box has a specific IR frequency. What we must do is look for the boxes and decide which box is worth the most, pick it up, and place it in a sand box type pit in the center of the field (going off the hint of the new game doesn't require much field setup).

So... to make it simple: Autonomous mode starts, robots go out, find the box of the right color worth the most points, pick it up, place it in the pit.

Regular match: All the boxes look the same except some are red and some are blue (due to alliances). The robots must go up to the boxes, determine the value, and decide whether or not to score it.

EDIT: The reason I selected boxes is because we haven't had them in a llloooonnnnggg time...

Last edited by RyanN : 12-17-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Clarification on the reason for boxes.
  #427   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM

T3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud ofT3_1565 has much to be proud of

I can see that for auto mode only I can see the IR getting shut off for tele mode (after auto points are tallied) and every "square" is now worth two points only, or something to that nature.

I like the idea though.. it would quite fun to play!
  #428   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team

Rookie Year: 2007
synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

Quote:
YIKES! 418 posts, this thread is moving far too fast. Is it bad that I have read every post?
If so, then every one of us here are doing something bad. But since "everyone else is jumping off the bridge", then by the standards of today's society, it automatically makes it right.
  #429   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
FRC #2915 (Riverdale Robotics Pandamonium)
Team Role: Leadership

sishu7 will become famous soon enoughsishu7 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to all. I will stop posting these anonymous hints.

Last edited by sishu7 : 12-17-2007 at 08:27 PM.
  #430   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukevanoort View Post
It just means you are skilled at finding ways to waste inordinate amounts of your time for little to no gain. (I've read every post too, so I'm in the same boat) Actually, this thread might make an interesting mathematical study given that the rate of posting of certain ideas (hoax, virtual game piece, etc) seems (from what I remember of the previous 425 posts) almost like a damped sinusoidal pattern. I'd imagine that the period of the sine wave is probably somehow related to the number 15 (as in the default posts/page).
You killed it. Now the whole thread and time as we know it will fold upon itself, creating a void where nothing but robotic competitions exsist! Happy?

Last edited by synth3tk : 12-17-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: clarity and stuff
  #431   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
FRC #2915 (Riverdale Robotics Pandamonium)
Team Role: Leadership

sishu7 will become famous soon enoughsishu7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanN View Post
Here is something that just popped in my head...

The autonomous game: There are n number of blue or red boxes with green stripes on the field. We still get cameras, but they are used to look for the boxes. There are 4 types of boxes:
0 point boxes, 2 point boxes, 4 point boxes, and 8 point boxes (made up values of course)
Each box has a specific IR frequency. What we must do is look for the boxes and decide which box is worth the most, pick it up, and place it in a sand box type pit in the center of the field (going off the hint of the new game doesn't require much field setup).

So... to make it simple: Autonomous mode starts, robots go out, find the box of the right color worth the most points, pick it up, place it in the pit.

Regular match: All the boxes look the same except some are red and some are blue (due to alliances). The robots must go up to the boxes, determine the value, and decide whether or not to score it.

EDIT: The reason I selected boxes is because we haven't had them in a llloooonnnnggg time...
Wow! I like this theory... it synchs with some of what I've heard and some speculations. It also sounds fun and focuses on the programming end more, which I'm sure would make it a unique challenge.

Last edited by sishu7 : 12-17-2007 at 08:28 PM.
  #432   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
AKA: Graham Donaldson
FRC #1676 (The Pascack Pi-oneers)

Rookie Year: 2006
Graham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant futureGraham Donaldson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukevanoort View Post
That describes me perfectly!!! - But the catch for me is, I've grown so numb to the conversation that I sorta skip over the posts re: whether or not this is a hoax (because we know it's not).

And what the heck is a "damped sinusoidal pattern"? I'm fairly certain I've never heard of that before, yet I get the feeling that I will later this year (Hon. Precalc + Hon. Physics = a lot of math)

2008 NJ Regional, 2009 Palmetto Regional: Chairman's Award Winners
2010 NJ Regional Champions (w/ 25 and 3059), 2010 VA Regional Champions (w/ 1086 & 1418)

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."- Sam Ewing
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."- Thomas Edison
  #433   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sishu7 View Post
My post was edited... why? If someone pm's me and asks that I NOT include his or her name, I have every right not to do so!
I believe your post was edited because the modrators have decided that you need to start talk using a real account, and not one that was made to try and give hints (false or otherwise)
  #434   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
in between teams
AKA: Luke Van Oort
no team

lukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lukevanoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotcanuck1676 View Post
And what the heck is a "damped sinusoidal pattern"? I'm fairly certain I've never heard of that before, yet I get the feeling that I will later this year (Hon. Precalc + Hon. Physics = a lot of math)
You definitely will hear about damped sinusoidal functions in both of those classes. Here is an example:
Basically, it is a sine graph of varying 'height.'
  #435   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

Quote:
It wouldn't be a stretch to put some kind of human-interpretable signal to indicate the state; for example, a colored light, or a numeric sign...
Well, thus my point. A human interpretable signal would be nigh useless for robots in autonomous mode while an IR signal would be highly useful. But in tele-op, the human drivers could easily depend on the human interpretable signals instead of their robot sensing the IR signals. So the IR sensor would be potentially useful but no longer vitally necessary in tele-op.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: