OCCRA
Go to Post It's always better to figure out why a design actually works and the best ways to implement it than to just assume upgrading to a "better" material will make everything work. - Cory [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Team Organization > Fundraising
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:18 PM
FRC #0263

bluemoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2008 BMW Raffle

My robotics team, 263, is holding a raffle for a 2008 BMW 328i COUPE. If anyone wants to help us out and buy a ticket send me a PM, or an email. Provided you leave your name and address in the message, I'll snail mail you a ticket and stub. Mail back the ticket stub and 20 dollars, and you're set. We're only selling a max of 3538 tickets. The attachment is a copy of the flier, with a picture of the car and my email. -edit: It's the right attachment this time
Attached Files
File Type: doc Raffle flyer.doc (186.5 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by bluemoon : 12-21-2007 at 03:25 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:39 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk
Re: 2008 BWM Raffle

Help out a FIRST team by sending money? A chance to win a BMW Coupe?!? At the SAME TIME?!?!? Yah, I guess I can spare a few bucks.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Feeling Honorable
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

BWM? Did you mean that 'other' german company maybe?

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
FRC #0829 (Digital Goats)

Rookie Year: 2004
IndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rotolo View Post
BWM? Did you mean that 'other' german company maybe?
Bavarian Window Motors?

2012 Boilermaker Engineering Excellence Award
2010 Boilermaker Rockwell Innovation in Control Award.
2009 Buckeye J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2009 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2008 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2007 St Louis Regional Winners
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

Since you're raffling such a high ticket item, you run the chance of being noticed by the local authorities. There is quite a lot of work that needs to be done to run a legal raffle in most states, including New York. Read the following link for more details: http://www.racing.state.ny.us/charit...aqs_raffle.htm

For example, minors can not sell raffle tickets legally. Also, you have to register with the state gaming and wagering board and the city as well.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:38 PM
FRC #0263

Thanks for the advice, and sorry I didn't check back here fast enough. To the best of my knowledge we're set as far as the state goes. I was asked by one of the mentors to post this on Delphi for them, but I'm not doing the selling. The sale is officially going through them.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2007, 09:06 PM
AKA: Carl Budrecki (buh-dre'-key)
FRC #0222 (Tigertrons)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
cbudrecki is a name known to allcbudrecki is a name known to allcbudrecki is a name known to allcbudrecki is a name known to allcbudrecki is a name known to allcbudrecki is a name known to all
Question Re: 2008 BMW Raffle

I know I asked about this in my PM to you, but I though the rest of the CD community would be interested as well...

Could you post some of the details of the raffle? Official rules, regs, pick-up info, obligated costs, that kind of thing...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Design Ninja
FRC #0126 (Gael Force)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Tim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond reputeTim Baird has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tim Baird
Re: 2008 BMW Raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb222 View Post
Could you post some of the details of the raffle? Official rules, regs, pick-up info, obligated costs, that kind of thing...
I agree. I'm interested in buying a ticket or two, but some more info on what I'm potentially getting would be appreciated.

History:
Gael Force 126: 1999-2000
WPI 190: 2001-2004
Gael Force 126: 2005-Present
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
I Am The Robot
AKA: Ashley Marshall Aka Sharpie
FRC #0102 (Gearheads)

Rookie Year: 2000
Athleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond reputeAthleticgirl389 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Athleticgirl389 Send a message via MSN to Athleticgirl389 Send a message via Yahoo to Athleticgirl389

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb222 View Post
I know I asked about this in my PM to you, but I though the rest of the CD community would be interested as well...

Along with that kind of information, how about some more information on the car? I know you have a picture of it in the attachment, but perhaps telling us the color (interior/exterior), manual or automatic tranmission, the accessories the car comes with (power windows/doors/locks - which is pretty much a yes haha), the size on the enginer, horse power, and basically anything about the car that would get more interest.

Knowing this may also let people get an idea of insurence hehe.

I only say this because I'm a car person and the little details help me a lot The more knowledge, the better - as if you were trying to sell the car, ya know?
2009: New Jersey Regional Quarter Finalist. SBPLI Long Island Semi-Finalist, Motorola Quality Award. Newton Division Semi-Finalist (2970 & 33), BR^2 Champion (With 2793 & 136) & Highest Scoring Match Award
2008: New Jersey Regional Quarter Finalist, Judges Award (Innovative Financial Management). SBPLI Long Island Regional Winner (With 2487 & 2010), Entrepreneurship Award. Fastest Robot In The World
2007: SBPLI Long Island Engineering Inspiration Award Winners
2006: SBPLI Long Island General Motors Industrial Design Award Winners, Brunswick Eruption Champions
2004: New Jersey Regional Motorola Quality Award
2003: J&J Mid-Atlantic Regional Winners
2000: National Finalists
1999: Mid-Atlantic Regional Regional Finalist
Team 102

"Teamwork Is The Fuel That Allows Common People To Accomplish Uncommon Results." - Jeff Gordon
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
FRC #0263

Happy Holidays everyone.
Apparently I put this up too close to the drawing date (Jan. 6 if the flyer didn't have it, it should have). So my mentor said this for the people who wanted tickets,
Quote:
AT THIS LATE DATE, THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO HANDLE THE TRANSACTION: They have to mail you the check immediately, so we can be sure that it clears. You fill out and keep the stub with their name address and phone number. Then mail them their half. I would even suggest putting a photocopy (library) of the stub with their info in the envelope too.
So that's what I'm going to be doing, sorry for any inconveniences. If you still want a ticket send an email or PM, with your name, address, phone number and how many you want, and I'll send back a photocopy of the ticket stub, ticket and who to make the check out for.

For the people who wanted information on the raffle:
-Must be 18 years or older to enter. Winner need not be present to win.
Winner to be notified by phone or mail.
- If less than 3538 tickets are sold, drawing will be for 50% of all cash donations collected
- Winner may elect to receive a cash buyout of $25,000 in lieu of 2008 BMW 328i Coupe, provided all tickets are sold. Car must be picked up at Competition BMW of Smithtown (NY).
-For confirmation of receipt of ticket, call (631) 471 - 1400

Finally to the people who are asking about the car's specs:
I'm sorry but I'm not a car person, I'm horrible at that
However, hopefully this site has what you want: http://www.auto123.com/en/new/carinf...pe&year=2 008

Last edited by bluemoon : 12-27-2007 at 11:08 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Dont Hesitate
AKA: read my username backwards
FRC #0155 (Technonuts)

Rookie Year: 2006
Nevets Amstier is a name known to allNevets Amstier is a name known to allNevets Amstier is a name known to allNevets Amstier is a name known to allNevets Amstier is a name known to allNevets Amstier is a name known to all

I know the 328i powers the rear wheels with BMW's 3.0 Litre I-6 (inline 6 cylinder) engine, pushing ~230hp and gets about 17 mpg city and 26ish mph highway.

beyond that its up to the buyer what package/accessories the car gets.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
Happy Holidays everyone.
Apparently I put this up too close to the drawing date (Jan. 6 if the flyer didn't have it, it should have).
Our general experience with raffles of this nature for this high of a prize value, is that the state requires you to sell tickets for a certain amount of time. I'm going to guess it was 6 months to a full year for this one.

I would suggest next time you do a raffle like this, just post it here as soon as you know you're good to go to sell tickets, and you will get a lot more replies with a lot more time to deal with as well.

Good luck with the raffle!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: