Go to Post The greatest lesson we can teach our kids is how to win. - AdamHeard [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > Website Design/Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Mad Programmer
AKA: Billy Sisson
FRC #1124 (ÜberBots)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
Uberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond repute
Image Gallery Software Feedback

Hey, i was wondering if i could get some feedback on a piece of gallery software i am designing for the team

you can find it at http://uberbots.org/2008/pregtest.php
please note that it is made with heavy reliance on javascript and AJAX functions... so visiting this page without javascript enabled may not go over so well.

if it runs slow, can you also post some general PC specs? (gfx card/ memory/ proc speed)
BREAKAWAY
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Code Guru
AKA: Forest Immel
FRC #0885 (Green Team 885)
Team Role: Programmer

fimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond reputefimmel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to fimmel Send a message via AIM to fimmel Send a message via MSN to fimmel Send a message via Yahoo to fimmel Send a message via Skype™ to fimmel
Re: Image Gallery Software Feedback

i like it. possibly make it adjust to your monitors resolution... i had about 1 line that i had of scrolling up and down.

...forest

CompTIA A+ Certified
Skills USA Silver medalist - Web Design Competition - Vermont
Best Website - BAE Regional
Follow me on Twitter: @fimmel
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
ComplicatedMind
None #0006 (S.C.O.E. Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
CarterM has a spectacular aura aboutCarterM has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CarterM Send a message via Yahoo to CarterM

Very well done gallery, although here are a few things to fill up the rest of your six weeks.
  1. Choppy Images -- "Scroll Backward/Foreward" Buttons + "Pause/Play Slideshow" Buttons + "Gallery" button on left side of screen
  2. Upon viewing Galleries, I am unable to clearly see bottom two galleries. You could possibly add a scroller here or something to be able to view the bottom galleries.

-- Other than that, looks pretty nice.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Mad Programmer
AKA: Billy Sisson
FRC #1124 (ÜberBots)
Team Role: College Student

Uberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond reputeUberbots has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterM View Post
Very well done gallery, although here are a few things to fill up the rest of your six weeks.
  1. Choppy Images -- "Scroll Backward/Foreward" Buttons + "Pause/Play Slideshow" Buttons + "Gallery" button on left side of screen
  2. Upon viewing Galleries, I am unable to clearly see bottom two galleries. You could possibly add a scroller here or something to be able to view the bottom galleries.

-- Other than that, looks pretty nice.
yeah, ive been trying to figure out how i should implement the scrolling feature. ive got ideas, but nothing definite

and choppy images? like too aliased? you can thank IE for that...
BREAKAWAY
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Web Designer / Graphic Designer
FRC #1124 (ÜberBots)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2007
ErikM is an unknown quantity at this point

You can make the buttons square...then you wouldn't have to worry about a transparent gif with jaggy edges.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Project Manager / Web Designer
FRC #0245 (AdamBots)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
RyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud ofRyanCesiel has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to RyanCesiel Send a message via Yahoo to RyanCesiel Send a message via Skype™ to RyanCesiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbots View Post
yeah, ive been trying to figure out how i should implement the scrolling feature. ive got ideas, but nothing definite

and choppy images? like too aliased? you can thank IE for that...
I have images that are too aliased in Firefox also. IE doesn't change images too my knowledge unless you're talking about their poor support for .pngs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: