OCCRA
Go to Post You won't find anything in school that says you have to share ideas or strategy with your football rivals. - Al Skierkiewicz [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
sneeble
AKA: sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2007
joesmomh00haha is infamous around these parts
Re: FIRST Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxman View Post
omg, i just remembered, this was not on build season, it was me building a personal robot, i was using an LED with really strong leads, i was forcing it into a jumper wire and it slipped and i stabbed myself in the leg with the lead of an LED

it hurt like words im not allowed to say and i was bleeding for 1/2hour or so
Prove it
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 02:24 PM
AKA: Bates
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
Andrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Bates has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone takes pictures of their injuries. Also why does anyone need to prove it? It's not a contest to see who has been hurt the most.
ME Student at Northeastern University, Captain of the NUTRONs #125 FRC

Former member of VEXELLENT and Cranbrook Robotics
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
FRC #1619

1619Aaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year my another team member and I went on an adventure to find pools noodles for the bumbers. When we got back some one pointed out that my leg was bleeding, but it had already stopped. Like, it happened before we left. It was a pretty big gash but not deep To this day I have a scar from it. ><

In 2006 I was being stupid and touched the flywheel for throwing balls. Bad idea. But luckily I took my hand back soon enough so as nothing hapened. Excet a bruised ego and long black streeks on my hand...
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
FRC #1619

1619Aaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpralchee View Post
Not everyone takes pictures of their injuries. Also why does anyone need to prove it? It's not a contest to see who has been hurt the most.
Yeah save the pissing contest for the competition.
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM
[KAWAii] Robo.
AKA: Daisy Dukes
FRC #1685 (Tech-Know Commandos)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2005
otomerobot is a jewel in the roughotomerobot is a jewel in the roughotomerobot is a jewel in the roughotomerobot is a jewel in the rough

During last years season I went home almost every night with a new bump somewhere. I'm a clumsy person and I tend to either drop things or walk into things.

So far no bruises

Their just bound to happen.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Good Luck to all the teams!

#51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Lead Mentor
FRC #0973 (Greybots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
AdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AdamHeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmomh00haha View Post
Prove it this Forum was meant for hardcore pics.
Hardcore pics? Too bad I don't have any from when it first happened, just the scars now.

In 2005 another student and I were playing around with a piece of steel we found that kind resembled a machete (It was as practice with a grinder.... It was about 2-3" wide, 2 foot long and 1/4" thick with ground sharp edges).

After enough horseplay, the inevitable happened; We both tripped and it ended up going straight through my chest and out the side. It hit both lungs but luckily only nicked my heart.

Like us on Facebook!

2014 Galileo Champions
2011 World Champions

Like our Robots? Check out the CAD files of MOST of our robots!
  #52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
GIEF COOKIE !?
AKA: QWERTY ZILLA REX
FRC #1251 (Tech Tigers)
Team Role: Mechanical

Pokechop has a spectacular aura aboutPokechop has a spectacular aura aboutPokechop has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pokechop
Talking Re: FIRST Injuries

Hey guys... were do i begin ?

I think i will begin with my oldest injuries:

My first year i was cutting tread for our wheels and i sliced my hand open

Then my most recent injury was again in 07' where i was tightening a fully charged drill with a 5/16 drill bit and i pressed the trigger and my hand slipped onto the chuck and the drill bit drilled my hand and i left like all the skin from the space between the thumb and forefinger... on the drill bit, not sepecially delicious. We soaked it in bleach and forged forward, O YEAH ! I then went to a clinin where my hand was cleaned and i recieved three stitches. So yeah
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
FRC #0870

Rookie Year: 2008
Zultraranger will become famous soon enoughZultraranger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
pics or it didn't happen.
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)

Quote:
says you
  #55   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)

Thumbs up Re: FIRST Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultraranger View Post
pics or it didn't happen.
thats what I'm talkin' bout brotha. Wooh Wooh Wooh!
  #56   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)

Thumbs down Re: FIRST Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechop View Post
Hey guys... were do i begin ?

I think i will begin with my oldest injuries:

My first year i was cutting tread for our wheels and i sliced my hand open

Then my most recent injury was again in 07' where i was tightening a fully charged drill with a 5/16 drill bit and i pressed the trigger and my hand slipped onto the chuck and the drill bit drilled my hand and i left like all the skin from the space between the thumb and forefinger... on the drill bit, not sepecially delicious. We soaked it in bleach and forged forward, O YEAH ! I then went to a clinin where my hand was cleaned and i recieved three stitches. So yeah
proof or its no good
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:48 PM
sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHeard View Post
Hardcore pics? Too bad I don't have any from when it first happened, just the scars now.

In 2005 another student and I were playing around with a piece of steel we found that kind resembled a machete (It was as practice with a grinder.... It was about 2-3" wide, 2 foot long and 1/4" thick with ground sharp edges).

After enough horseplay, the inevitable happened; We both tripped and it ended up going straight through my chest and out the side. It hit both lungs but luckily only nicked my heart.

thats a sweet one man
  #58   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Going full circle
AKA: Josepher
FRC #5400 (Team WARP)
Team Role: Mentor

Joe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe G.

Quote:
proof or its no good
Once again, this thread should be to tell stories, mostly as a warning to others. Not to brag about how badly you have hurt yourself.

Ex. Someone on my team used a wood cutting chop-saw blade to cut box aluminum. It ripped the aluminum, and Almost injured the person in question. Moral of the story, use proper blades. Is this any less true because this person didn't have to go to the emergency room? Of course not.

2007-2010: Student, FRC 1687, Highlander Robotics
2012-2014: Technical Mentor, FRC 1687, Highlander Robotics
2015-???: Lead Mentor, FRC 5400, Team WARP

http://wordsaboutrobots.blogspot.com/, the place where I make words about making robots. Updated 7/30.

Last edited by Joe G. : 01-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
sneeble
FRC #1841 (Crazy Bred)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketperson44 View Post
Once again, this thread should be to tell stories, mostly as a warning to others. Not to brag about how badly you have hurt yourself.

Ex. Someone on my team used a wood cutting chop-saw blade to cut box aluminum. It ripped the aluminum, and Almost injured the person in question. Moral of the story, use proper blades. Is this any less true because this person didn't have to go to the emergency room? Of course not.
you are absolutely right. i mean you know everything about this thread we created.

but for now we're gonna need to see a picture.
  #60   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketperson44 View Post
You are absolutely right.

Also, if a student has been injured in a shop during robotics, this is not something to treat as a sideshow. Safety is a big part of being a part of a robotics team. Respecting safety is a big part of a robotics team. The position of safety captain was created to help insure safety. Let's not make this thread a sideshow through attitude or disrespect.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: