OCCRA
Go to Post We were all rookies once, and we really have two ways to go about things: either take a page from the powerhouses and emulate their style, or complain about not having anything and risk falling into oblivion. - George A. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > VEX
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
AKA: Matt Clark
FRC #0228 (GUS 228)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2007
MRClark is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MRClark
Extra "non-vex" sensors

i was at radioshack the other day, and found that the have 2axis accelerometers (http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1581.html) and i figured it was something that would be cool to use on my vex. however, one of my friends explaned to me that the way that it would plug in would be into an analog input, but the vex does not have one.... so my questions are:
1) is he right?
2) is there any way to connect it to the vex system?
3) how?
4) if not, are there any accelerometers that are vex compatible?
5) how would i program it in easyc?

Thanks for your help
~Matt

GUS
Team 228

My Pictures
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
FRC #3548 (RoboRavens)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2004
marccenter has a spectacular aura aboutmarccenter has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Vex is compatible with ADXSR300EB

Easy-C has built in functionality to use gyro's. (Analog Devices ADXSR300, available at Digikey PN ADXSR300EB-ND) is configured to connect directly to the VEX system. It connects into the analog port. Price $53.75 per piece.

If you purchase an accelerometer or gyroscope, make sure it has an analog output (typically 2.5V when not stationary). There are some parts on the market that have a different style of output that will be more difficult to interface to the VEX system.
GM Propulsion System Engineer
marccenter@yahoo.com
Mobile: 248-255-7377

Msg to Engr College Freshmen: School is now FIRST
and FIRST is now second!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Adam Y.
no team (?????)

Adam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to beholdAdam Y. is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Adam Y.
Re: Extra "non-vex" sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRClark View Post
i was at radioshack the other day, and found that the have 2axis accelerometers (http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1581.html) and i figured it was something that would be cool to use on my vex. however, one of my friends explaned to me that the way that it would plug in would be into an analog input, but the vex does not have one.... so my questions are:
1) is he right?
2) is there any way to connect it to the vex system?
3) how?
4) if not, are there any accelerometers that are vex compatible?
5) how would i program it in easyc?

Thanks for your help
~Matt
The 2axis acelerometers from Radio Shack are not analog. They are digital sensors that display output as a frequency. The analog output is a callibration output.
If either a public officer or any one else saw a person attempting to cross a bridge which had been ascertained to be unsafe, and there were no time to warn him of his danger, they might seize him and turn him back without any real infringement of his liberty; for liberty consists in doing what one desires, and he does not desire to fall into the river. -Mill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: