OCCRA
Go to Post Scouting wins championships folks...not draft orders. - Andy Grady [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-18-2001, 09:52 PM
FIRST Mentor & Nemo member
no team (FIRST Mentors)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Leon Machado IV is a jewel in the roughLeon Machado IV is a jewel in the roughLeon Machado IV is a jewel in the roughLeon Machado IV is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Leon Machado IV Send a message via MSN to Leon Machado IV Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Machado IV Send a message via Skype™ to Leon Machado IV
Support for NY

I've been thinking about this tradegy for the past week now and thought of a decent idea. I was watching and seeing a lot of the non-profit organizations making donations to the relief effort and I thought to myself "Why not FIRST?". I figured if every team could contribute some money and we could all send checks up the headquarters in NH, then they could send one large check to the relief effort in the name of FIRST and maybe we could also get a little recogniztion on the side (the business side of me thinking). Any other thoughts on this. Please post or email me at leon4th@aol.com. Thanks
AIM: tj2rebel
YIM: l1machado
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2001, 09:20 PM
The_C
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like a great idea! I only see one catch, my team is curently having a hard time recieving funds, every business is sending what they can to the relief fund. For the other small teams this is probly very familiar territory. I also see FIRST being able to write the donation off on taxes and the teams not being able to. Does this make sence to anyone else?

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: