OCCRA
Go to Post Brandon, can you make some sort of mind-reading device that i can just think "portal" and i'll go back? - Tom Schindler [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute
FIRST Indiana License Plates

The CyberCards have developed a unique response to Dean's homework. To help spread the word to the public about FIRST Robotics, we have designed an FRC license plate which we plan to make available to the public in 2009.
We'll unveil the design at the Engineering and Technology Day event at the Indiana Statehouse on Monday afternoon, 12:30-4. Thanks to the tireless efforts of Gary Gray and Dan Ward, the 4th annual event will allow teams and schools from around Indiana to showcase their accomplishments this past year to state government officials and media.
However, to make the license plates a reality, we'll need some help from the FIRST community.
Among a litany of requirements we'll tackle are two obstacles:
1) Submit petitions containing a minimum of 500 signatures of Indiana residents who will purchase the plate in 2009
2) Submit a $6,000 surety bond to cover manufacturing and other BMV costs

The plan is to kick-off the signature/fund drive this Monday, and finalize everything at the Boilermaker Regional. We're hoping teams can bring in full petitions and donations to the BMR and really get numbers up.

If you'd like to help with finance or signature acquisition, PM or email me - mstaylor@msdpt.k12.in.us - and I'll send you a copy of the petition or any other info you need. I hesitate to post the petition online for bookkeeping reasons.

We're really looking forward to making this a reality. There are currently 70 specialty recognition plates available in Indiana; it is a very competitive thing arena, and we're not guaranteed a spot if we just get the minimum requirements. It won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, but with the help of the FIRST community, we're very confident that together we can make this work.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
FRC #0204
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Freddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST Indiana License Plates

If only this happen in NJ, I would so get one.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, especially since the IN plate is R/W/B.

Would it be possible for someone to ask for their own team's number?

I suspect they won't pay any attention to petition signatures from out of state, or else I'd offer.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
That guy
AKA: Dennis
no team (None this season)

Rookie Year: 2004
DarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud ofDarkFlame145 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DarkFlame145

If i lived in Indiana I would so get one.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
AKA: Matt Howard
no team

Viper37 will become famous soon enoughViper37 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Viper37

Good Idea, shame it would never be possible in California due to the sheer amount of people who live here.

I've already got my plate on Order for my truck.

CA - FRC1622
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Needs a taller Driver's Station.
AKA: Dustin Benedict
no team (EWCP, Mid-Atlantic Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526

Hmmm I want one so bad now. Thats a great way to spread the word of first though
2014 Season - Hatboro Horsham District Winners, MAR Championship Winners, Newton Division Finalists.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM
AKA: Cristina M. (Beaner)
FRC #2582 (PantherBots)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2008
RoXmySoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to RoXmySoX

that sounds so awesome.

2008 Rookie Inspiration Award-Lone Star Regional
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Purdue FIRST Programs Enthusiast
AKA: Joe Tonte
FRC #3180 (Blaise of Glory)

Fireworks 234 is a glorious beacon of lightFireworks 234 is a glorious beacon of lightFireworks 234 is a glorious beacon of lightFireworks 234 is a glorious beacon of lightFireworks 234 is a glorious beacon of light

I will so try to get one of those!!! Those are awesome!!! Great job Cybercards!!!

Another great replacement for the ugly standard plates we have!

Previous History:
Member - Cyber Blue (234) 2004-2007
Mentor - Harrison Boiler Robotics (1747) 2008-2010
Mentor - Blaise of Glory (3180) 2011-?
Eagle Scout as of 10/19/2006
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
We Build Robots......and Careers
AKA: Warthog
FRC #1501 (Team T.H.R.U.S.T.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Wayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond repute

I want number 1501
2014 STL Regional, #1 seed, Winners with FRC Team 3284 and FRC Team 4500, Also won the Quality Award
2014 GPR #31 seed, Finalist with FRC Team 2641 and FRC Team 4150. Thanks. Also won Quality Award.
2012 BMR #7th seed, Winners Thanks to FRC Team 1756 and FRC Team 4028, UL Safety Award and GM Industrial Design Award

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Controls Engineer
AKA: chakorules
None #1501 (Team THRUST)

Rookie Year: 2001
Chris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris_Elston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Elston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Doenges View Post
I want number 1501
I am going to get it FIRST...

Favorite CD quote:
"That can't be their 'bot. not nearly enough (if any) rivets to be a 1501 machine." ~RogerR: Team #1369
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:37 PM
FRC #0829 (Digital Goats)

IndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea Mike. Will we be able to use the fund raising part of the Indiana license plate program? It would be just the thing to help Indiana FIRST organization do some real good.

2012 Boilermaker Engineering Excellence Award
2010 Boilermaker Rockwell Innovation in Control Award.
2009 Buckeye J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2009 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2008 Boilermaker J&J Gracious Professionalism Award
2007 St Louis Regional Winners
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySam View Post
Great idea Mike. Will we be able to use the fund raising part of the Indiana license plate program? It would be just the thing to help Indiana FIRST organization do some real good.
The plan is to distribute any money raised by license plate sales among all Indiana teams. Perhaps we can set some aside strictly for IndianaFIRST, but that may be difficult since right now IndianaFIRST does not, legally, exist.

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
the stars at night are big & bright
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2002
Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
The plan is to distribute any money raised by license plate sales among all Indiana teams. Perhaps we can set some aside strictly for IndianaFIRST, but that may be difficult since right now IndianaFIRST does not, legally, exist.
He's right - Libby Ritchie pitched this idea to the then-newly-forming IndianaFIRST group back in 2002-2003. I was assigned to research it and found that the group needed to be an official 501(c)(3) organization in order to apply, since there is revenue generated that goes back to each organization when someone applies for their license plate.

At that time, we did more research and ended up dropping the effort later. I don't believe anyone took it up afterward and therefore IndianaFIRST is not a legal nonprofit group... currently it is only the umbrella name used when mentors from all Indiana teams are working toward common goals.

I guess the only concern I would have is your method to distribute the funds to other Indiana teams... we originally pitched it to go through IndianaFIRST because we could guarantee the distribution of funds through an umbrella organization and the funding would not be channeled through one team or one individual.

Plates look great- good job on making this happen.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Canada!!!!!!!11111!!111
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)

Rookie Year: 2001
Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryVoshol View Post
Cool, especially since the IN plate is R/W/B.

Would it be possible for someone to ask for their own team's number?
(Wish I had a better picture of the plate [and this be my old car] but....)

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/24881

All I need here in Ohio is the FIRST logo, and I'm set. Well, I'll let Indiana do all the work first. Once you guys get your Indiana FIRST plates, Ohio will get jealous and add a specialized FIRST plate of their own to keep up with the pig farmers.

Best of luck pursuing this great idea.
NEOFRA / Delphi E.L.I.T.E. FLL Regional Partner
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
KathieK's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Sometimes FIRST makes my head hurt!
AKA: FIRST Senior Mentor
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
KathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KathieK

RJ from RAGE looked into this several years ago also, but at that time we could not get enough signatures indicating interest in the plates so we dropped the project... I would have liked one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: