OCCRA
Go to Post I respect what you have to say and I ask that you do the same for me. - Andrew Schreiber [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
CJMyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Random question about the history of team numbers

Question for rookie teams over 2668. Team 2668 registered 2 weeks after the deadline for the last payment. I'd like to know when team 2681 registered.
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMyers View Post
I'd like to know when team 2681 registered.
They showed up on January 15.
32 days after you registered.

(databases are cool )

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 04-01-2008 at 03:07 PM.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2008, 05:01 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... FIRST's youngest rookie team was started AFTER kickoff? Thats impressive.

EDIT: Well, they're not REALLY rookie's, being that they're a breakaway from 354.

Last edited by Racer26 : 04-01-2008 at 05:06 PM.
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
AKA: Anish
FRC #1123 (Autodidactic Intelligent Minors)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
aksimhal is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aksimhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1075guy View Post
Wow... FIRST's youngest rookie team was started AFTER kickoff? Thats impressive.

EDIT: Well, they're not REALLY rookie's, being that they're a breakaway from 354.
They're not the only ones. A couple rookie team's have been "breakaways" from older teams.
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
They call me Cody.
no team (None currently :\)

Rookie Year: 2008
XXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to XXShadowXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
I wonder if they will ever return to the low numbers that were left behind by teams reactivating as rookie teams and teams that never competed.
no they don't all the lower number were assigned a school keeps it's number even if it goes inactive for several years.
Our one mentor is from team 1286 and his team disbanded if they stayed disbanded for 2 more years they could be rookies in 2010, but they would still have the number 1286... its werid
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXShadowXX View Post
no they don't all the lower number were assigned a school keeps it's number even if it goes inactive for several years.
Our one mentor is from team 1286 and his team disbanded if they stayed disbanded for 2 more years they could be rookies in 2010, but they would still have the number 1286... its werid
Team 4? Team 39? Both were teams in other places than SoCal and Arizona, I'm sure. They went inactive for several years. Then other teams needed non-rookie numbers. Guess what?
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Itinerant Programmer

Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
Team 4? Team 39? Both were teams in other places than SoCal and Arizona, I'm sure.
Actually, no they weren't.
Those team numbers were not assigned from 1998 on until the current teams received them. You can see they weren't assigned in 1998 by Joe Ross's link to the 1998 team list. We might be able to figure out who the numbers were planned for, but those teams never materialized and they became the first of the skipped numbers.

So far I haven't seen evidence of any old team numbers being reassigned although I've looked for several years now.
All the recent low number teams are getting numbers that have never been used in the era of permanent team numbers.

P.S.
Other numbers from that initial 1998 block that have not yet been assigned to any team include:
51, 78, 156, 193 and 199

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 04-02-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: PS
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Itinerant Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXShadowXX View Post
Retaining the same team number after three years is up to FIRST of course, however, they have a history of giving teams new numbers, so his school may not retain their old number unless a significant percentage of original members return.

These are Long Island teams because I'm most interested in my local friends, but...

Team 273 dropped out for one year and FIRST made them take a new number 514 in 2001.

194 returned as 271
567 returned as 1546
646 returned as 2487
778 returned as 2476

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 04-02-2008 at 12:11 PM.
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 11:25 AM
They call me Cody.
no team (None currently :\)

Rookie Year: 2008
XXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to XXShadowXX

maybe he requested that idk
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Itinerant Programmer

I hope he doesn't wait out two more years just to see!
Are you guys trying to help restart that team?
There's a great service project for you.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Don't Get EliMOEnated!
AKA: My First Name is really "The" (or Brian)
FRC #0365 (The Miracle Workerz); FRC#1495 (AGR); FRC#4342 (Demon)

Rookie Year: 2001
The Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to The Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksimhal View Post
They're not the only ones. A couple rookie team's have been "breakaways" from older teams.
Usually, breakaways from vets don't take rookie numbers like 424 (from 340), 70 (from 494). I guess it is their choice.

Electrical & Programming Mentor ---Team #365 "The Miracle Workerz"
Founding Mentor --- Team #1495 Avon Grove High School
2007 CMP Chairman's Award - Thanks to all MOE members (and others) past and present who made it a reality.
Robot Inspector
"I don't think I'm ever more ''aware'' than I am right after I burn my thumb with a soldering iron"
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucas View Post
Usually, breakaways from vets don't take rookie numbers like 424 (from 340), 70 (from 494). I guess it is their choice.
No, it is not their choice. FIRST has a list of criteria which determine rookie status. When teams split off, it depends on how many student members of the new team participated in the past. See http://www.usfirst.org/community/frc...t.aspx?id=6632

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: