OCCRA
Go to Post Either way... woop! FRC is awesome! - Steven Smith [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
AKA: 3 Teams in 3 Seasons
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Ericgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ericgehrken Send a message via Yahoo to Ericgehrken
Please Help!Young Team 195 Member Loses 100 Team Buttons

Throughout the weekend at Championships our youngest team member Andrew who is in third grade, the son of one our engineers collected over 100 team buttons, so many that he had to put them into bags. He brought the bags to the stands with him only to find it missing when he was getting ready to leave on Saturday. Andrew was very sad to see his team pins gone. He has looked high and low for his bag of pins. These are his only memories of the teams at championships. If any team still has left over buttons and would like to send one to Andrew please PM me or email me at ejgehrken@yahoo.com for more information. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated by young Andrew.
2010-
2010 Suffield Shakedown Winner Thanks 178 and 177
2010 WPI Regional Rookie All Star
2010 WPI Dean's List Finalist
Team 195 Member 2007-2009
2007 CT Regional Winner Thanks to 1124 and 558
2008 FIRST Presidents Circle Winner
2009 Suffield Shakedown Winner thanks to 126 and 1124
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please Help!Young Team 195 Member Loses 100 Team Buttons

Eric,
I would be more than happy to help with this.
I've sent you a pm.
Buttons can be very special treasures. Absolutely. If MOE reads this, they can fill a bag all by themselves.
Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Building robots since 1995
FRC #4914

Rookie Year: 2002
Vince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Vince lau

PM me the address and send over the random buttons that some how ended up in my bag
most are from FTC teams if he doesn't mind
2010 - Waterloo Rookie inspiration and Highest Rookie Seed, #2 Alliance Captain, Semi-finalists.
2011 - Waterloo Finalist thanks 1310 and 610
2014 - imagery and rookie allstar award gtr west
2014 - rookie inspiration and winners with 188 and 610 north bay

Last edited by Vince lau : 04-23-2008 at 09:33 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
AKA: Ed Barker
FRC #1311 (Kell Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
ebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond repute

Jane, send me an email or private message and we will do the same. Ed
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Worry is a poor use of Imagination
AKA: Cynette Cavaliere
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)

Rookie Year: 2005
Cynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Cynette Send a message via AIM to Cynette

I'll gather a handful of 1511 buttons and others that I collected but don't really need as well!
Rolling Thunder, Team 1511: The Thunder just keeps getting louder!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Have big wrench...and will use it!
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
Protronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Protronie Send a message via Yahoo to Protronie

Maybe if someone picked up a bag full of buttons "accidentally" they will send this little boy his buttons he worked so hard collecting. At least I would hope so.

-p
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:24 AM
AKA: Jacob Komar
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
whytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond reputewhytheheckme has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to whytheheckme Send a message via AIM to whytheheckme Send a message via MSN to whytheheckme Send a message via Yahoo to whytheheckme Send a message via Skype™ to whytheheckme

If you PM me the address, I'll send a few versions of our team buttons, plus any others that I have laying around.

My thought is that it's possible that the cleaning crew picked up the bags and just threw them away. They constantly work on cleaning up the place, so that the task at the end is not so difficult. If they were left abandoned in an unoccupied area of seating for more than half an hour, I think that that's a possibility.

I'd be happy to help,
Jacob
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Team 2468 Coach/Adviser
AKA: Norman Morgan
FRC #2468 (Team Appreciate)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2008
Coach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbots195 View Post
Throughout the weekend at Championships our youngest team member Andrew who is in third grade, the son of one our engineers collected over 100 team buttons, so many that he had to put them into bags.
Hey Andrew,

My 12 year old son did the same collecting buttons this year. We are a Rookie team and my son loved Lone Star and was blown away by Championships. He spent two day going pit to pit collecting. He is so proud of his flair, as he calls it.

I sent you a PM. We will send you ours as well as some we have from other teams.

By the way, our principal was there, she collected pins during the Championships. She had the team autograph a team shirt and she is having the shirt framed with all the pins she collected for our team.

Good luck on collecting pins.
2012 Dallas Entrepreneurship/Dean's List Finalists
2011 Alamo Engineering Excellence
2009 Dallas Xerox Creativity
2008 Lone Star Alamo Rookie All Stars/ Highest Rookie Seed- 5th place
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:32 PM
AKA: 3 Teams in 3 Seasons
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)

Rookie Year: 2007
Ericgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ericgehrken Send a message via Yahoo to Ericgehrken

Thank you to the many that have responded to donate buttons!
2010-
2010 Suffield Shakedown Winner Thanks 178 and 177
2010 WPI Regional Rookie All Star
2010 WPI Dean's List Finalist
Team 195 Member 2007-2009
2007 CT Regional Winner Thanks to 1124 and 558
2008 FIRST Presidents Circle Winner
2009 Suffield Shakedown Winner thanks to 126 and 1124

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: