Go to Post I WANT to see teams succeed. - Steve W [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Jack Murphy is just really niceJack Murphy is just really niceJack Murphy is just really niceJack Murphy is just really niceJack Murphy is just really nice
Got Dirt?

An Engineer met with God recently. He said," We don't need You anymore, we've figured out how to create life."
"Tell Me" Said God.
"Well" said the Engineer, "We can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You"
"Show Me"
So the Engineer bent to the Earth to begin to form a Man.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa." Said your God, " Get your own dirt."
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
2014... Hella Parts
AKA: Owner, WestCoast Products
FRC #1323 (MadTown Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
R.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got Dirt?

funny
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Compulsive frobnicator
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
RyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond reputeRyanCahoon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got Dirt?

Hmm... I don't believe it's possible to have a complete discussion about God and humor without invoking Douglas Adams

Quote:
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
and/or Spider Robinson...

Quote:
"God is an iron," I said. "Did you know that?"
I turned to look at her and she was staring. She laughed experimentally, stopped when I failed to join in. "And I'm a pair of pants with a hole scorched through the back?"
"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

FRC 2046, 2007-2008, Student member
FRC 1708, 2009-2012, College mentor; 2013-2014, Mentor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: