OCCRA
Go to Post Only one full day of brainstorming on the hint? Boy are they behind... This thread's been busy for a week! - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#121   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Mad Scientist
AKA: Me
FRC #3694 (Warbotz)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Daniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Daniel_LaFleur
Re: Hardest Regional

And to throw another variable into the mixture ...

I've always figured that it's easier to win a regional if there are less teams there, therefore I'd suggest weighing the regional wins by how many teams were at that regional.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. "
- Tennyson, Ulysses
  #122   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
The guy with the orange hair
AKA: Noah Rau
FRC #0068 (Truck Town Thunder)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2007
Raumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of lightRaumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of lightRaumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of lightRaumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of lightRaumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of lightRaumiester2010 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKE View Post
The Michigan State Championship will be quite competitive as it will be the first event calling for qualification. It will also be an end of season event which are always more competitive. Lastly teams will have 2 events under their belts.

I will second Cory's response though that wherever 1114 is, it will be tough to win.
Definitely gonna third both IKE and Cory's response in saying the the Michigan Championships will be killer! And i wish good luck to both 1114 and whoever faces them (they will need it)

2009- best year ever: Lansing District Champs, Troy/Athens District finalist (against 217/67 alliance), Curie champs, Einstein Finalists, IRI Champs, and Kettering Kickoff Champs
-Now, how to beat it next year?
  #123   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Currently teamless
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Since the season is nearing completion...its safe to say that the MI Championship is insane.

Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT | ['11-'12]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #124   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Aww Yea
AKA: L-Deezy
FRC #1018 (Robodevils)
Team Role: Coach

lenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to lenny8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
Since the season is nearing completion...its safe to say that the MI Championship is insane.
second

"But you know what? When my team beats those teams and has said teams come up asking to be picked in the finals, all I do is smile. Because I know we busted our butts for 6 weeks to make the best possible 'bot we could, and we can still run with the big boys." - bigbeezy.
  #125   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
AKA: Cody
FRC #0179 (Children Of The Swamp)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
swamp_child is a name known to allswamp_child is a name known to allswamp_child is a name known to allswamp_child is a name known to allswamp_child is a name known to allswamp_child is a name known to all

Florida
2007 Archemedies undefeated champions, thanks to 233 and 71
2007 UCF finalists thanks to 1902 108 and 386

#126   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:50 PM
The Sardonic One
AKA: Benjamin George
FRC #0195 (The Cyberknights)
Team Role: Coach

miscall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to miscall Send a message via Skype™ to miscall

I'm going to say the CT regional. A lot of really good teams, such as 126, 1124, 1100, 20, and 175, compete in this regional. Also, a lot of the founding teams of FIRST compete there. Roughly 60 teams compete each year, which is a lot of competition for the winner's banner.

Since that is the only regional I go to I might be biased, but after watching webcasts of other regionals and while their matches are good, they pale in comparison to the matches seen here in CT.
  #127   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:17 PM
VEXpro Engineer
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Mentor

Aren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond repute

aaaannnddd.....midwest, two previous world champs, beast, bomb squad wildstang...yeah.....

VEX Robotics Mechanical Engineer

1625 (2005-2011)
3928 (2012-2013)
148 (2013-?)
  #128   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:36 PM
The Banana People Are Awsome!
AKA: Nawaid Ladak
FRC #0945 (Team Banana)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2003
Nawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant futureNawaid Ladak has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Nawaid Ladak Send a message via MSN to Nawaid Ladak Send a message via Yahoo to Nawaid Ladak Send a message via Skype™ to Nawaid Ladak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aren_Hill View Post
aaaannnddd.....midwest, two previous world champs, beast, bomb squad wildstang...yeah.....
I second this statement

Nawaid Ladak
2003-2006 FRC # 1402: Freedom Force. Scouting
2007 FRC # 1694: RoboWarriors. Mentor
2008-Present FRC # 945: Team Banana. Mentor

Contact me
E-mail: LadakN (at) GMail (dot) com

Twitter / Facebook / Youtube
  #129   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
FRC #2557

Anders Horn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aren_Hill View Post
What did you think of the washington state regional? The driving wasn't as evasive as I'd strategized for.
  #130   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Orange Hat
FRC #0247 (Da Bears)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2009
dqmot17 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to dqmot17

The michigan state. You had the best in michigan there, and if you saw it, you saw tough matches. Even the seeding matches were challenging. Most regionals will have a few bots that sit around and really don't do much, while the michigan was all the big, bad, and and ball happy bots.
  #131   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
FF - Team 2
AKA: Nicholas
FRC #0313

nikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant future

There were no real blowouts that this event, every seeding match was close. THere were never any grantee wins, any given group of robots could win a match or lose a match.

As for the Elimations, when you have teams like 27, 47, 494, 1701 not even making it, you have to think about how deep this regional was. You could have made up 12 alliances that all could win regionals all on thier own. The championship winning teams are all former world champs (65,67,217(x2)). I wouldn't be surpise that 3 of the teams in that tournment are playing on einstien on saturday. ( Since 1998, 1/3 of the world champions have come from michigan.)

This tournment presented the cream of the crop, and frankly some of the better robots in the country.

#132   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
FTC #2818

Bryan_2818 is infamous around these partsBryan_2818 is infamous around these parts

you posted this thing 5 minutes ago, and 10 people responded. WTF?
anyways... our maryland regional wasnt very hard untill the semifinals, but i guess it was so difficult due to how awsome the kit was...
  #133   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_2818 View Post
you posted this thing 5 minutes ago, and 10 people responded. WTF?
anyways... our maryland regional wasnt very hard untill the semifinals, but i guess it was so difficult due to how awsome the kit was...
These forums are mostly dealing with FRC stuff. There's a nice FIRST Tech Challenge forum right here.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the answer is Michigan, without question. Just from what I've heard, and all of the great robots that didn't even make eliminations.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)
  #134   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Mech Eng Student at Waterloo
AKA: Cale Peister
FRC #0781 (Kinetic Knights)
Team Role: Alumni

cpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud ofcpeister has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to cpeister Send a message via Skype™ to cpeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raumiester2010 View Post
Definitely gonna third both IKE and Cory's response in saying the the Michigan Championships will be killer! And i wish good luck to both 1114 and whoever faces them (they will need it)
Agreed, wherever 1114 is, it is tough.

Attended: WAT'07, WAT'08, GTR'08, WAT'09, GTR'09, WAT'10, GTR'10, WAT'11, GTRE/W'11, BUCKEYE'11, CMP'11, GTRE'12, WAT'12, GTRW'12, WAT'13, WAT'14
  #135   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Robotics Engineer
FRC #0319 (Big Bad Bob)

Rookie Year: 2004
Ty Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant futureTy Tremblay has a brilliant future

I agree that the Michigan State Championships may be the toughest competiton in FRC. But it is not the toughest regional. That would have to go to BAE. It's by far the toughest first week regional, and has the same, if not more competition than CT. But at BAE, teams haven't had 4+ weeks to revise...

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: