OCCRA
Go to Post There's a fine line between insanity and healthy obsesion with FIRST ... and sometimes I wonder which one I'm on - srawls [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
  #406   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
the magician
AKA: stephanie
FRC #2363 (triple helix)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2008
jacksparrowlov6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jacksparrowlov6
Exclamation Re: Game Hint #1

ok you guys its a opah or moonfish!!

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/salmo...s_guttatus.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opah#Life_history
  #407   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
the magician
AKA: stephanie
FRC #2363 (triple helix)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2008
jacksparrowlov6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jacksparrowlov6
Re: Game Hint #1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opah#Life_history

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/salmo...s_guttatus.jpg

we think it mite have to do with either keeping a constant speed or type of wheel or motor
  #408   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2007
Amehrotra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellery View Post
In my opinions this was just a fish picture scanned from a book with very thin paper so the words are backwards because they are on next page. Onion skin paper and <40gsm paper like bible paper is common for big dictionary like books.
this is not true because we have found the original copy of this photo on google which is exactly the same when you subtract them and has the same format but if you use decrypting software in the clue you will get a message vs the normal pic.

the only thing is that we need a password
  #409   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
AKA: Anna
FRC #3062 (Spartan Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2001
Mew187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mew187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amehrotra View Post
this is not true because we have found the original copy of this photo on google which is exactly the same when you subtract them and has the same format but if you use decrypting software in the clue you will get a message vs the normal pic.

the only thing is that we need a password
what decrypting software do you use?

maybe something along the lines of
moonfish not herring or FIRST herring
for the password.
  #410   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:27 PM
AKA: kkaboose
FRC #1241 (THEORY 6)
Team Role: Mentor

Kaushal.K is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kaushal.K

One of the guys on my team mentioned that some Fish only see certain wavelengths of light... Based on that my bet is that there maybe locations on the field with IR emitters at certain locations, where teams must reach (overcome difficult terrain and/or tetter-totter) to obtain game pieces. It could also involve the camera, as previously mentioned, where the game pieces (or the IR emitter where the game pieces are located) are out of the drivers line of sight, and thus rely on the camera to obtain game pieces.

Just my 2 cents.
  #411   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:29 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew187 View Post
what decrypting software do you use?

maybe something along the lines of
moonfish not herring or FIRST herring
for the password.
i was trying to use jphide software,
let me get you another post with more info on this cause i am positive that this is the real thing
  #412   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:31 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Needel View Post
There are many methods of hiding information in photographs. I was able to scan the image at the highest sensitivity for all the major types of encryption (jsteg, jphide, outguess, and invisible) The system of hiding information within photos was able to detect a hidden message. Now the methodology I used just exposes the type of hidden message and not the message itself. The message unfortunatly for us appears to be hidden in the JPHIDE which utilizes a password based encryption so without the password it will be impossible to figure out the message. Although we do know that there is something there.

****disclaimer: the way the analysis tools that I have scan the data it looks for missing voids in repeating color sections of the photo (complex photos with lots of colors are best for hiding). When I tested with normal sensitivity I didn't see any result, but on cranking up the sensitivity I found proof of an encryption. With all things like this it is possible to get a false positive, but since this is all for fun anyway we can just assume it is there.

so what do we think the password is? I might try to make a dictionary and brute force it later after I am done with the bench top test of the new control system.
just wanna keep bringing this up for those who dont read the whole fourms, this is what i am positive it has to do with,,
  #413   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:42 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
Friday, September 26, 2008
Blogging can be a real challenge
Good Afternoon Teams,

It's a real challenge sharing information with the FRC community because so much of what's happening right now is in flux.

Beta test teams are working with prototypes of the new control system and reviewing draft documentation. As they share their findings with us, we'll correct final bugs and post information on the public beta test forum. I can't be specific about when the postings will start because I can't predict how long the Beta Test teams will take or what they will find. Beta Test teams have been directed to share everything through the Public Beta Test forum to ensure everyone in the FRC community will have equal access to their findings. We're going to show you everything as soon as it's ready.

The new control system is in production. The challenge now lies in convincing the suppliers to put the needs of the FRC community above their other (more profitable) production deadlines. I can't be specific about when the new control systems will be shipped to teams because I can't predict precisely when all the parts will be in house, but I will send the new control systems out as early as possible. When I know the final price for the extra control system parts, I will share it with everyone.

FRC has decided to make parts reusable for a number of positive reasons, but I can't be specific about what registration costs will be in the future because I can't predict what the market will do. The FIRST staff are always working to keep the costs of participation down, but we don't have any control over the cost of parts, the expense of shipping or the extent to which our suppliers are willing to donate time or materials. It is my goal to provide a full FRC experience as economically as possible.

This is what it's like in the real world folks. Woodie said it best. "There's never enough information. Never enough time." He was talking about the games, but it applies to the work FRC does behind the scenes as well. My plan is to share as much information with the FRC community as I can and to show you what the real engineering experience is at FIRST

98 days until Kickoff. See you then!

P.S. We haven't decided what the 2009 game hint will be yet.... but there are rumors that Dave just bought a new dive mask and flippers.....

Posted by Bill at 11:16 AM 9 comments
here is something you guys might wanna read (the ps note is kinda interseting)

i have known this for a while but just thought of it now
  #414   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Awesome uber super Rojas =]
AKA: Rojas
FRC #1228 (Robo-Tribe)

Rookie Year: 2005
hiimcristhian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hiimcristhian Send a message via MSN to hiimcristhian Send a message via Skype™ to hiimcristhian

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
What's that I smell, can it be... is it possible... It smells like a water game I'm ready for the madness to begin!!

#415   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Aww Yea
AKA: L-Deezy
FRC #1018 (Robodevils)
Team Role: Coach

lenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nicelenny8 is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to lenny8

Ha! so far it seems like the very first post mite be right.

"But you know what? When my team beats those teams and has said teams come up asking to be picked in the finals, all I do is smile. Because I know we busted our butts for 6 weeks to make the best possible 'bot we could, and we can still run with the big boys." - bigbeezy.
  #416   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:43 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team
Team Role: Alumni

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

I think we've made so many guesses that one of us can't be wrong.
  #417   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Programmer
AKA: Russell Frank
FRC #0041 (RoboWarriors)

rfrank will become famous soon enough

To whomever is doing the stegonographic tests: What are you using to detect whether there is a JPHIDE'd file in the image? I've downloaded the windows binaries from http://linux01.gwdg.de/~alatham/stego.html but the tools only extract an image; they have no sensitivity option and no way to check whether or not there is an encoded file.

I'd like to write a dictionary attack, and I'd appreciate any help given.

Also - it's a water game. Really.

FRC 41: RoboWarriors Alumni. www.team41robotics.com Winners of 2008 NY Regional.
Bassist of Obviatus. www.dreamdefined.com Personal site: www.russfrank.us
  #418   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

All I can tell you is don't get it my way.....
  #419   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM
AKA: Divya Arcot
FRC #1245 (The Shazbots)

theDiva is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the idea of it being a water game, but creating an arena for that would be extremely difficult. Also, if water damage occurred to the site of any regional, there is the possibility that we wouldn't be able to use it again. I don't think FIRST would take that risk.
  #420   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Volunteer
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Josh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond repute

No...it's not a water game. What FIRST is actually referring to is the flying fish in the Super Mario games....it will obviously be a flying game where you can't touch the ground.

/kid
joshuapgoodman@gmail.com
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: