OCCRA
Go to Post Welcome to adulthood. Remember, patience is your friend. Denial is your shield. Bitter disinterest your salve. Your endless hours of crushing workload will be your strength. Good luck, soldier. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
  #511   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:13 PM
AKA: krs.one
FRC #0832 (Chimera)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2007
Chris Dunning has a spectacular aura aboutChris Dunning has a spectacular aura aboutChris Dunning has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Chris Dunning Send a message via MSN to Chris Dunning Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Dunning
Re: Game Hint #1

this seriously makes me mad, lol
it's like we're robotics team members in season
detectives and forensic investigators off season, lol
  #512   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Strategery
AKA: Matt Brechting
FRC #2075 (Enigma)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
Enigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to beholdEnigma's puzzle is a splendid one to behold

I believe the individual game idea personally, they don't travel in schools that would be a typical 1st (not the acronym) clue. They want to give you something that will tell you about the game but not give it away.

Whoever has the job of developing clues, has an awesome job, im envious!
  #513   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
AKA: Jordan Smith
FRC #0314 (Megatron Oracles)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
stryker0603 will become famous soon enoughstryker0603 will become famous soon enough

I think that the hint is not about the opah. I think it is about the unreadable text. It could mean that the field will have a message on a central platform that changes in between matches that only the cameras can read that will tell where the game pieces need to be scored for a large bonus.
  #514   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:33 PM
has lots of NASA swag!
AKA: Anna
FRC #1735 (Green Reapers)
Team Role: Programmer

Anna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAnna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAnna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAnna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAnna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAnna B. is a glorious beacon of light

I get it! Since it is a picture of a fish than we will only be able to use fisher price motors

the best numbers are made up numbers

"let's call the four things A, G, Semicolon, and Pointy"

Maxima debetur puer reverentia
The greatest respect is due a child (Juvenal)
  #515   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
AXE 'EM JACKS
AKA: Neal Jamieson
FRC #0624 (CRyptonite)
Team Role: Alumni

njamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to njamietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette B. View Post
I get it! Since it is a picture of a fish than we will only be able to use fisher price motors
oh i hope not

lol
  #516   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tottanka View Post
look what i found in the 'Opah' restaurant website, under 'the meaning of opah'.
This restaurant is the first result in google when searching for 'opah'.

http://www.opahrestaurant.com/whats-an-opah.htm
Code:
THE OPAH OR

“MOONFISH”

ONCE WAS VIEWED

AS GOOD LUCK

WHEN CAUGHT BY

OLD-TIME FISHERMEN

AND OFTEN GIVEN AWAY

AS A GESTURE OF

GOOD WILL
This sounds more like the FRC game hints. I'm guessing there will be a "big" piece that teams need to go for.
  #517   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
FRC #1665 (The Weapons of Mass Construction)
Team Role: Leadership

SalenaLynn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SalenaLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth3tk View Post
This sounds more like the FRC game hints. I'm guessing there will be a "big" piece that teams need to go for.
Can we say Gracious Professionalism?
  #518   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
FRC #2197 (Las Pumas)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2006
Sam2197 will become famous soon enough

what is this deal about a password. im confused as to what all of you are talking about trying different things as a password
  #519   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
AKA: Matthew
FRC #0624 (CRyptonite)

Rookie Year: 2003
Beta Version is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam2197 View Post
what is this deal about a password. im confused as to what all of you are talking about trying different things as a password
Some people are convinced that there is coded information stored in the image. Kinda silly really.

Underwater Bot

Paratrooper Bot
  #520   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
AKA: Chris
FRC #2022 (2022)

Rookie Year: 2008
tehpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

An encryption was found in the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Needel View Post
There are many methods of hiding information in photographs. I was able to scan the image at the highest sensitivity for all the major types of encryption (jsteg, jphide, outguess, and invisible) The system of hiding information within photos was able to detect a hidden message. Now the methodology I used just exposes the type of hidden message and not the message itself. The message unfortunatly for us appears to be hidden in the JPHIDE which utilizes a password based encryption so without the password it will be impossible to figure out the message. Although we do know that there is something there.

****disclaimer: the way the analysis tools that I have scan the data it looks for missing voids in repeating color sections of the photo (complex photos with lots of colors are best for hiding). When I tested with normal sensitivity I didn't see any result, but on cranking up the sensitivity I found proof of an encryption. With all things like this it is possible to get a false positive, but since this is all for fun anyway we can just assume it is there.

so what do we think the password is? I might try to make a dictionary and brute force it later after I am done with the bench top test of the new control system.
So there might be information in the picture, I just don't think it was from FRC
because there was an encryption on the the same pictures that were found on the internet.
  #521   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalenaLynn View Post
Can we say Gracious Professionalism?
I was just saying this sounds more inline with how the hints relate to the game. I was essentially agreeing with the quoted post, not condemning it.
  #522   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
FRC #2582 (Panther Bots)
Team Role: Mechanical

RoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really nice

i continue to hold that the important thing of the clue is not the picture itself (including the so-called inscription) but the many things the fish represents...
the 2 sides of the moon (2 sided gamefield)
Being given away (something to do with gracious professionalism)
Vertical migration (climbing)
its prominent at 34 degree latitude (ramp angle)
and its four colors (4 types of game pieces)

but it looks like we are all starting to go in circles so it might be best to give the clue a rest until the next hint
  #523   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
AXE 'EM JACKS
AKA: Neal Jamieson
FRC #0624 (CRyptonite)

njamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of lightnjamietech is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to njamietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboGeek99 View Post
i continue to hold that the important thing of the clue is not the picture itself (including the so-called inscription) but the many things the fish represents...

but it looks like we are all starting to go in circles so it might be best to give the clue a rest until the next hint
isn't verticle migration where the fish swims to a certain depth and back at specific points of a 24 hour period.

eg:

some fish in deep parts of the ocean swim to the surface each night to feed.

maybe this means that there will be times where we work on our own and when we work together.

or maybe it refers to some other type of game that has time periods

or maybe im wrong.

Hmmm....
  #524   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
AKA: Chris
FRC #2022 (2022)

tehpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboGeek99 View Post

I think you're right that the clues is what the fish represents. If it was anything else then we would have to use a computer program to find what is it the picture and many people may not have the equipment or the programs to do it. The only way to allow everyone at the chance of finding what the hint means is if clue is about what the fish represents.

I know this argument has been posted before but a good deal of people seem to focus on the what's in the picture and not what the picture represents.
  #525   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
FRC #2582 (Panther Bots)
Team Role: Mechanical

RoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really niceRoboGeek99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehpenguin View Post
I think you're right that the clues is what the fish represents. If it was anything else then we would have to use a computer program to find what is it the picture and many people may not have the equipment or the programs to do it. The only way to allow everyone at the chance of finding what the hint means is if clue is about what the fish represents.

I know this argument has been posted before but a good deal of people seem to focus on the what's in the picture and not what the picture represents.
FIRST is all about being as fair and even to all the teams as possible so they wouldnt encript anything seeing as how many (if not most) are not as handy with software like that (myself included)...unless someone has something that would completely prove me wrong i think ill stay the same

PS- You know that robotics season is here when you bring your food to the computer so not miss anything on CD

Last edited by RoboGeek99 : 12-07-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: