Go to Post Don't let what you think you can do get in the way of what you can do. - Daniel_LaFleur [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
FRC #0610 (Crescent Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Duncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Macdonald has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Duncan Macdonald
Driver's station - Consistency in construction

We wired up our electrical and in the process and were starting our Benchtop Operation test (2.3.1.1) "Confirmation of LED status on control system while disabled" step two.

We then realized that the button to switch between teleop and autonomous was put in backwards.The system is in autonomous when the side labled teleop is pressed, and vise versa.

Did anyone else have their driver's station assembled this way?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Raptors can't turn doorknobs.
FRC #1718 (The Fighting Pi)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Tom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driver's station - Consistency in construction

We haven't seen that. However, we did notice that, on arrival, our driver station had a ton of scratches on the LCD screen. I rubbed my finger gently across the screen thinking that is was perhaps just dirt - and my finger left a nice series of scratches on it as well!

We cleaned the screen and then put a clear polycarb piece over it. If we're going to use this thing for multiple years, it's going to be pretty beat up pretty quickly. I almost wonder if they forgot to put in a piece of hard plastic or something to protect the LCD. I'll know when I see our sister-teams driver station.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Needs to change his user title.
AKA: Eric Haskins
no team (CARD #6 (SCOE))
Team Role: College Student

EHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to EHaskins Send a message via Skype™ to EHaskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Line View Post
We haven't seen that. However, we did notice that, on arrival, our driver station had a ton of scratches on the LCD screen. I rubbed my finger gently across the screen thinking that is was perhaps just dirt - and my finger left a nice series of scratches on it as well!

We cleaned the screen and then put a clear polycarb piece over it. If we're going to use this thing for multiple years, it's going to be pretty beat up pretty quickly. I almost wonder if they forgot to put in a piece of hard plastic or something to protect the LCD. I'll know when I see our sister-teams driver station.
I had the same issue, but then I realized there was a protective film on the screen.

I haven't heard of any other switchs being placed wrong.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Alex@854
AKA: Alex
FRC #0854 (Ironbears Team 854)
Team Role: Engineer

ironbears is on a distinguished road

our control system seems fine to us. we left our plastic film on just in case. control system is very robust as well.
2007 WAT Rockwell Automation Innovation in Control
2007 WAT Regional Finalist
2007 ON Motorola Quality
2007 ON Regional Finalist
2006 ON Motorola Quality
2005 ON RadioShack Innovation in Control Award
2005 WAT RadioShack Innovation in Control Award
2003 ON Delphi "Driving Tomorrow's Technology"
2005 The Championship Event (4/21/2005 - 4/23/2005)
2003 The Championship Event (4/10/2003 - 4/12/2003)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: