OCCRA
Go to Post The spirit of FIRST is about learning not just about winning. - MamaSpoldi [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
"What you do, is who you are"
AKA: Dustin Pepper
FRC #0066 (Flyers)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2008
web_master_dpep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to web_master_dpep Send a message via Yahoo to web_master_dpep
Question The animator

ok, when I was at kick-off I was really interested in the program they were talking about(the animation thing). I want to get this for my team so we can have this at our disposal. But, of course with my luck im not a morning person and didn't catch were they said you can get this program or any information on it. Also, if this is in the wrong area or something im very sorry. Thank you for your help in advance.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Sunny
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
ttldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond reputettldomination has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The animator

What exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about the game that they have planned or 3DX Max?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really nice

http://firstbase.autodesk.com/

The link above is the download location for the software. You need your team mentor to signup and distribute download permissions
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM
FRC #0066 (Flyers)

Send a message via AIM to web_master_dpep Send a message via Yahoo to web_master_dpep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttldomination View Post
What exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about the game that they have planned or 3DX Max?
They showed a robot from last year knocking down a ball, most likly in autonmous. I believe they said something about a competion, not sure.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Are our seeding points over 9000?
FRC #0201 (FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Alex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Dinsmoor

Are you referring to the game simulation?

'08, '09, '10
4 Years | 14 Competitions | 194 Matches | 119 Wins | 77 Losses | 2 Silver | 1 Gold
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
FRC #1261 (Roblions)
Team Role: Programmer

Tanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like he's referring to this "game simulator" which we will be getting "soon". They had a short video of a Overdrive robot turning around the track and knocking off a ball. They didn't say much about it and I can't find anything on the website.

-Tanner
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:42 PM
FRC #0066 (Flyers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Dinsmoor View Post
Are you referring to the game simulation?
No, I believe this was either,right before,during or right after Dean's speech. It was very brief about 30-60 seconds long. I had a grey robot, with a grey playing field, the robot had an arm that went into the air to knock down the balls.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Are our seeding points over 9000?
FRC #0201 (FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Alex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Dinsmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by web_master_dpep View Post
No, I believe this was either,right before,during or right after Dean's speech. It was very brief about 30-60 seconds long. I had a grey robot, with a grey playing field, the robot had an arm that went into the air to knock down the balls.
Hmm, I can't seam to remember this... It probably was when my lack of sleep was catching up on me

Sorry I can't help any more, sleep got the best of me

'08, '09, '10
4 Years | 14 Competitions | 194 Matches | 119 Wins | 77 Losses | 2 Silver | 1 Gold
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
low to no grade jack-of-all-trades
FRC #1288 (R.A.V.E.N.)
Team Role: Student

Xeno_117 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not an animation tool. It is a competition simulator that is (as was said previously) coming soon. it's a diagnostic tool that can help you determine how your robot will perform under pressure. The simulator looks like it uses CAD files to build a density/volume based actual mass simulation. It is also designed to have online competitions.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Boom!
AKA: Cody Smith
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

smartkid has a spectacular aura aboutsmartkid has a spectacular aura about

Just get Garry's Mod 10, it'll do ya fine.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
5th Gear Developer & Mentor
AKA: Blake Ross
VRC #0042 (Mostly Harmless)

Rookie Year: 2006
gblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by web_master_dpep View Post
ok, when I was at kick-off I was really interested in the program they were talking about(the animation thing). I want to get this for my team so we can have this at our disposal. But, of course with my luck im not a morning person and didn't catch were they said you can get this program or any information on it. Also, if this is in the wrong area or something im very sorry. Thank you for your help in advance.
If you are talking about the 3D, 6-player, Overdrive and Lunacy match simulation that my colleagues and I have developed (with very generous Lockheed Martin support), these links will help.

A similar "What's happening in 2009?" thread/discussion

Existing 5th Gear (and other simulations) Discussion

Blake
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2009, 12:16 AM

gblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartkid View Post
Just get Garry's Mod 10, it'll do ya fine.
SK - Can you give me a link to this or describe it?
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2009, 07:37 AM
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really nice

Garry's Mod is a Half-Life 2 game mod. It enables you to play around with the game engine physics, spawn objects, pose characters, etc. Tons of things to do.

http://www.garrysmod.com/about/
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Boom!
AKA: Cody Smith
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

smartkid has a spectacular aura aboutsmartkid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblake View Post
SK - Can you give me a link to this or describe it?
Garry's Mod is not a FIRST thing, it is a game that uses Half-Life 2's physics engine to let you build stuff and play around within the games physics. It could be useful for doing a few demonstrations.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartkid View Post
Garry's Mod ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8519 View Post
Thanks Guys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: