OCCRA
Go to Post I wonder if Dave thinks the Chief Delphi kids are pimp... - Mike Ciance [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Get a life? This IS my life!
AKA: Phil Malone
FRC #1629 (GaCo: The Garrett Coalition)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
PhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond repute
Who needs Chief Dephi !

Let me explain....

That was a question, not a statement.

Who out there needs Chief Delphi (CD)?

And the clear answer is "We all do", every day and every night during build season and beyond..

Last night, as I was sitting in bed concerned that CD wasn't coming up on my iTouch, I wondered how expensive and time consuming it must be to manage a community forum as active as this one.

I've done a little forum management in my time (can you say Jazzercise) and I know how demanding it (and it's followers) can be. So I was thinking how cool it would be if we all said "thanks" in a tangible way.

Then just today I came across the thread about being a CD "subscriber" for the measly amount of $5 for 6 months. So naturally I did just that (opting for the 2 year version)

But then I though... what about all the CD minions out there that ALSO didn't know anout this way to pay homage to CD.

So here it is.

Go to http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/payments.php? and sign up for $5.

Do it NOW OK? Immediately! Don't think about it!

Just pull out your PayPal account number and go for it.

Treat it like any other instant gratification.. iTune, ring tone, starbucks etc.

You'll feel great... trust me.

Lets create a HUGE surge of appreciation.... RIGHT NOW....

OK, I'm done.

Remember, I know who you are and whether you're on the "Supporters" list....

I'll be coming back to check on you later

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/advertisers.php?

FRC1629 Mentor (2011 CMP Eng. Inspiration, 2010 Chesapeake Chairmans Award, 2009 Pittsburgh EI Award, 2008 Buckeye EI Award, 2006 Chesapeake Alliance Winner)
FTC2818 Coach (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist, 2011 MD Winning Alliance, 2010 MD & OH Winning Alliance Captain, 2009 MD Inspire Award and Championship Finalist).
FTC4240 Mentor (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist Captain, 2011 MD Winning Alliance Captain).
FLL Team NeXTGEN Mentor (2011 CMP 3rd place Strategy & Innovation, US Open 09, Champions Award: '11 MD, 09 PIT, 08 & 07 MD)

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Team 2175 Founder
AKA: Kevin O'Connor
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
Vikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vikesrock Send a message via MSN to Vikesrock Send a message via Yahoo to Vikesrock
Re: Who needs Chief Dephi !

Thanks for the reminder Phil, I meant to do this when I read about it in the other thread you referenced, but I forgot.

This is a great way to show a small token of our appreciation for this website.

2007 Wisconsin Regional Highest Rookie Seed & Regional Finalists (Thanks 930 & 2039)
2008 MN Regional Semifinalists (Thanks 2472 & 1756)
2009 Northstar Regional Semifinalists (Thanks 171 & 525)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
FRC #0016 (Bomb Squad)

Rookie Year: 2002
Meredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond repute

Today is my husband John's birthday. What a great (and cheap!) gift. I better go get busy on the cake Thanks for the reminder.

FIRST Hall of Fame
Kicking the Tires and Lighting the Fires since 1996
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
AKA: Ellen McIsaac
FRC #1124 (ÜberBots)

Rookie Year: 2005
smurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond reputesmurfgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to smurfgirl

I absolutely agree with you- we all do need Chief Delphi. It's an amazing resource, and we should be forever grateful to the people who put in so much time and effort to keep it going for us. They're all working behind the scenes, and we end up taking it for granted most of the time. THANK YOU!!!

(Unfortunately, I am PayPal-less and credit card-less, so I can't really donate any money to CD... but I still mean my thank-you in the sincerest way possible.)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
No Problem!
AKA: Jake Classic
FRC #0061 (The Shifters)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2000
SuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud ofSuperJake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SuperJake

I figured that I spent a lot of time on this sight.... and I enjoy the community.... so why not?

I chipped in for the 2-years.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Winner, Chief Delphi Insanity Award
AKA: Jeremy Marr
FRC #0240 (T.E.M.P.E.S.T.)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
MishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfgirl View Post
(Unfortunately, I am PayPal-less and credit card-less, so I can't really donate any money to CD... but I still mean my thank-you in the sincerest way possible.)
Unfortunately, I am too...but I'm working on it!

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Needs a taller Driver's Station.
AKA: Dustin Benedict
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526

I Need Chief Delphi!

(And I also needed a reminder to tell me that my subscription expired.)
Hatboro Horsham District Winners, MAR Championship Winners, Newton Division Finalists.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Parent and Volunteer
AKA: Richard Singletary
FRC #0548

Rookie Year: 2008
ExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Go to http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/payments.php? and sign up for $5.
THANKS for the link. I was unaware.

Quote:
Today is my husband John's birthday. What a great (and cheap!) gift.
And my wife had a birthday last month so I think she will be happy I bought a 2 year subscription!

2010 REFEREE: Kettering, Ann Arbor, Wayne State, Troy, MI Championship, Atlanta-Newton field, IGVC TARDEC, MARC and upcoming KETTERING Kickoff.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2010, 08:17 PM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

I think the team behind CD would really appreciate a few bucks to help them run this awesome resource!

I get paid this week, so I'll pitch in as soon as I can. Thanks for reminding us, Phil!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

Rookie Year: 2002
Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

If there are some that don't have paypal I would suggest contacting Mike Martus and he can probably arrange a way for you to contribute.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Seriously I'm almost never serious!
AKA: Eric Schnabel
FRC #0314
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Schnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond reputeSchnabel has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really want to show your gratification for CD!?!? If so I say don't opt for the 2-years, go for the 6 months because CD will remind you every 6 months that you do appreciate it. It's $5 more bi-anually, but seriously, that's just $5. I barely post here anymore and I still pay it because it has made that big of an impact in my life.
EDIT: Proud supporter since 7/19/2009 here! : )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: