OCCRA
Go to Post Pretty robots, who cares? Quality robots are another matter. - Steve W [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:29 PM
FRC #0744 (744 Shark Attack)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
AlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond repute
Team Pink Can't be Pink

Because nothing on a robot can interfere with the camera's it seems that the pink team can't have a pink roccobot. I just thought this was interesting, and was kinda wondering if they realized. (Although knowing them they probably did).
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Team 1089 Alum. RU Class of 2015.
FRC #1089 (Team Mercury)

Rookie Year: 2007
flyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud offlyingcrayons has much to be proud of
Re: Team Pink Can't be Pink

GASP!!

that means that MOE can't be MOE anymore... shame... i love seeing their lime green robot...

Thanks for pointing that out...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
FRC #2083

jimbot will become famous soon enoughjimbot will become famous soon enough

Ohh no!!! This will be the first year FIRST has ever not had a pink robot!! (or am i wrong?)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately the world is full of many colors to choose from. I'm sure they're worrying about bigger things at the moment than that.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Been there, done that: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=71985

Last edited by GaryVoshol : 01-23-2009 at 05:46 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

Technically the rules don't say that they can't be pink, but rather that if their robot interferes with the vision system they will be asked to rectify the situation.

After looking up the rules, the only rule I see is <R02>-C Any devices or decorations specifically intended to jam or interfere with the remote sensing
capabilities (including vision systems, acoustic range finders, sonars, infra-red proximity detectors, etc.) of another robot (i.e. changing ROBOT color to confuse opponent’s vision system).

Technically they'd never even be changing their color.

If I missed another pertinent section of the manual, someone please correct me.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:53 PM

AlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond reputeAlexD744 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it (sadly ) shouldn't be allowed because it would disrupt the camera's. And the robots would do that.

p.s. pink's first robot was black.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM
FRC #1245

meastman is an unknown quantity at this point

The crowd's going to be a little duller this year.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
FRC #2418

SarahAngell is an unknown quantity at this point

If the camera is programmed correctly, a pink robot should not have any effect unless the robot is patterned like the target.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Lead Mentor
FRC #0973 (Greybots)

Rookie Year: 2004
AdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AdamHeard

I don't see why this is even an issue.

The robots are NEVER more than 60" tall.

The Targets are always at a certain height (over 60").

Shouldn't be difficult at all to avoid tracking robots.

Like us on Facebook!

2014 Galileo Champions
2011 World Champions

Like our Robots? Check out the CAD files of MOST of our robots!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Cooley744
AKA: Lauren
FRC #0744 (Shark Attack)

Rookie Year: 2007
Cooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to beholdCooley744 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Cooley744

Alex, I'm pretty sure it will still be pink.
Colossians 3:23

Proud graduate and now lead strategy mentor and driving coach for 744 Shark Attack.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
They call me Cody.
no team (None currently :\)

XXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud ofXXShadowXX has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to XXShadowXX

The pink team shouldm't have to much trouble, because they are only pink, not pink AND green A good vision system should search for both not just one or the other... their interfreace should be low
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Lauren, why do you always see every post I put up?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
FRC #1458

Rookie Year: 2006
Andy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Andy L

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXShadowXX View Post
The pink team shouldm't have to much trouble, because they are only pink, not pink AND green A good vision system should search for both not just one or the other... their interfreace should be low
This is implying all vision systems will be "good", if their pink color messes up just one robot they will most likely be asked to fix it before they're let on the field again.

This all being said, I think they're aware.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
FRC #2228 (Cougartech)
Team Role: Student

jamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to beholdjamie_1930 is a splendid one to behold

I haven't worked with the camera, but I'm pretty sure anyone utilizing the color differentiation should be able to differentiate between different shades of the color so if the pink was a flatter color rather than flourescent I think they'll be ok (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Although I think this is still going to mess with moes traditional neon green.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: