Go to Post We're not all autonomous robots who are preprogrammed to always follow rules blindly regardless of what they are. - Ryan Dognaux [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
FRC #2153

CHSboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring the wireless bridge to the robot

Does anyone have a way of doing this? A few members of my team tried to splice the adapter (not sure if that's the right term), and well, either the bridge is fried, or the adapter for it is fried.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, especially with the lack of time.

~CHSboy
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
EricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EricVanWyk
Re: Wiring the wireless bridge to the robot

Please refer to page 16 of http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles...s-Rev-0-5a.pdf
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Alumni
FRC #1807 (Redbird Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
pacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to beholdpacoliketaco is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to pacoliketaco Send a message via Yahoo to pacoliketaco

make sure you connect the right wire to the + and - terminals. the manual states that the striped wire (has white marks on it) is the positive lead. it sounds as if you may have switched them by accident.

2009 NYC Winner - 56 and 1796
(2009 Regional Record: 18-0-7 wins/ties/losses)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
FRC #2153

CHSboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I got the connector and what not. How exactly do you get the wires in it? I know which goes where, but I wasn't watching anyone doing this. I was waiting for it to be done so I could test the programming, seeing as they did this without my knowledge before I could do any testing.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSboy View Post
Okay, I got the connector and what not. How exactly do you get the wires in it?
Here's what Section 3.2.6 Troubleshooting and FAQ of the 2009 FRC Control System Manual has to say about that:

How do I build a cable for passing 12V power to the WiFi adapter?
  • Take the module's power adapter and cut the wire off close to the Wall-Wart.
  • Separate the wires and strip 7mm off the ends.
  • To insert wire into a WAGO 734-102 connector, push down on the actuation port in back. Alternatively, use the plastic actuation lever.
  • Insert the positive (striped) wire in the right port of the WAGO 734-102 connector.
  • Insert the negative wire in the left port of the WAGO 734-102 connector.
  • Give a smart tug to verify the connection is secure.
  • Insert the WAGO 734-102 into the mating connector on the PD.
  • Power the PD, and verify that the barrel connector's centor conductor is positive.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
AKA: BrianK
FRC #1225 (Amperage Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
SuperBK is just really niceSuperBK is just really niceSuperBK is just really niceSuperBK is just really nice

Its a wego connector. Use the wego tool or a small screwdriver to open the connector and insert the stripped wire. You are connecting the wireless bridge power to the 12 volt connector on the power distribution board right?
Brian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: