OCCRA
Go to Post Starting from scratch is what makes it hard. - ChrisH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
FTC World Champion
FTC #2820 (Longhorn Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2008
595294001 is an unknown quantity at this point
pic: Jr. Bomb Squad FTC Robot

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
FRC #0016 (Bomb Squad)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Meredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Jr. Bomb Squad FTC Robot

Several of these great young students on the Jr. Bomb Squad were on my FLL team. We went to World Festival in 2006 and 2007. This fine young man here in the picture is 9th grader Matthew Dunn. I remember standing in the lobby of the GWCC trying to console him when he was disappointed in his performance in 2007. He was about 2 feet shorter and he even let me hug him. I didn't have anything useful to say, but he stuck with it and look at him now.

I have no adequate way to express what a precious honor it is to see these kids grow up and succeed. And I don't judge success by their winning an FTC title (though that is certainly nice) but by the beauty of their character.

Congratulations Matthew Dunn, Alex Trevino, Austin Jones, Alex Anderson, Addison Webb, and Mr. Andy Marts.

(My daughter has ordered me to stop crying and clapping over the amazing performance of our FTC team. But she didn't say anything about posting...and she's at school...so there)

-

FIRST Hall of Fame
Kicking the Tires and Lighting the Fires since 1996

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: