OCCRA
Go to Post My point is that there seems to be a trend in FIRST in which people are saying "who cares about the robots, let's inspire the students." What I'm saying is, it's the robots that inspire the students. - Chris Hibner [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:04 PM
AKA: Chris Sherwood
FRC #2996 (Cougars Gone Wired)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Zholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Zholl
What do you do with your buttons?

So now that I'm home, and have a bag o' buttons, I was wondering what I should do with them all. I was thinking some kind of board I could stick them to, but I thought I'd ask everybody on CD what they've done with all of theirs. I'm especially asking the veterans that likely have well over 100.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:22 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Mentor

NickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you do with your buttons?

I hung all of mine from last year on a thunderchickens lanyard that I collected. There's about 75 buttons in the picture. I always seem to find new buttons on it that I cant recall previously seeing. I really should find a better solution...

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 12:45 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Most (not all) of mine are in a rather full shoebox. About half a dozen aren't, though--I keep an alliance set for each year my team went to Einstein on a lanyard.

That's about a decade worth, from small acquisitions over the years. I haven't counted now many. It also includes some other giveaways.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Mountain Dew Bandolier Man
AKA: David Resowski
FRC #0910 (Foley Freeze)

Rookie Year: 2006
Herodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond reputeHerodotus has a reputation beyond repute

I have buttons from alliances attached to medals. For example I have my driver button, a 217, and a 66 button attached to my 2008 GLR silver medal. The rest are hanging on the drawstring for my curtains. Though sadly I didn't collect any this year, just never got around to going to all of the pits.
2009 Detroit District Finalists - Thanks to 1856 and 2620
2009 Kettering District Quarter-Finalists - Thanks to 1504 and 1025.
2008 Kettering Kickoff Champions - Thanks to 67, 1075 & 2619
2008 MARC Finalists - thanks 67 & 226
2008 Great Lakes Finalists - thanks 66 & 217
2008 Western Michigan Semi-Finalists - thanks 2337 and 1504
2008 GLR Judges Award Winner
2007 Curie Division Champions - thanks 330 and 1270
2007 ARC Champions (13 and 0, plus scoring a double-keeper!) - thanks 1625 and 313
2007 MARC Champions - thanks 1732 and 1023
2007 Xerox Creativity Award - Western Michign
2006 I.R.I. Champions - thanks 71 and 1625
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
The GURU Channel
AKA: Richard Sisk
FRC #2493 (Robokong)

Rookie Year: 2007
rsisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to rsisk

I have all of my buttons pinned to the walls of the shrine I am building to First at work (otherwise known as my cubicle).
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

I have a foamcore button board at the front of my apartment. Most of the buttons are from 2003/2004. I actually have one from 1992 I found lying around the site (I found two others I hung up in our museum).
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

I did a search for an older thread that talked about this. You might find a couple of ideas in it.

It would be great to see more ideas/suggestions added to your thread. Buttons are fun and make for good memories.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
FRC #1591

HalfPintAMG is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a big jar in my room that i have filled with buttons, eventually i'll make a board to put them on.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2009, 10:06 AM
With Upmost Efficiency
AKA: Eric DelSanto
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pioneers)

delsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to delsaner

I have a box full of about 150+ buttons. From the last two years. I would suggest putting them all in numerical order, and figuring out which team buttons you do not have. I was going to do that, but I havnt had the time or effort...

Eric DelSanto
H.E.R.E. Representative
Stevens Institute of Technology - Class of 2016 - BE/ME Mechanical Engineering
Concentration: Robotics, Mechatronics

[2008-2014]: FRC 1676 - The Pascack Pi-oneers
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
a.k.a. Coraline
FRC #1735 (Green Reapers)
Team Role: Operator

carolynn4848 is a glorious beacon of lightcarolynn4848 is a glorious beacon of lightcarolynn4848 is a glorious beacon of lightcarolynn4848 is a glorious beacon of lightcarolynn4848 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to carolynn4848 Send a message via Yahoo to carolynn4848

I have this bookshelf thing with a thin board backing. I turned the top shelf into my "Robotics Shelf". I pushed the pin of the button through the board. I love my robotics shelf...

I think I have an addiction. To FIRST.

I am Coraline! Hear me roar!!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
AKA: Garrett
FRC #2077 (Laser Robotics (Alumni))
Team Role: College Student

ZakuAce is a glorious beacon of lightZakuAce is a glorious beacon of lightZakuAce is a glorious beacon of lightZakuAce is a glorious beacon of lightZakuAce is a glorious beacon of light

I keep all of mine in my dresser, and I am considering taking them with me in college and decorating my dorm room with them
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2009, 07:00 AM
AKA: Steven Greco
FRC #2079
Team Role: Mechanical

sgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond reputesgreco has a reputation beyond repute

I keep all of mine on a jacket that I have. There is barely any room for more buttons, but I guess I could just start another one.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Needs a taller Driver's Station.
AKA: Dustin Benedict
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526

I don't have too many buttons but my little brother has about 200 or so from when he went to Atlanta in 2008. He and my Mom hung them up on his wall on a piece of fabric (actually a Mini-Fro Cape) and it looks pretty cool.
Hatboro Horsham District Winners, MAR Championship Winners, Newton Division Finalists.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM
AKA: Chris Sherwood
FRC #2996 (Cougars Gone Wired)

Zholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to beholdZholl is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Zholl

Thanks for the ideas! After the first few I actually realized that the curtain in my room would be perfect for this, so that will probably be what I do with them, especially since I can fit a lot more than I have on there, which will be great for the next few years.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Back for more.
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Tactician

Grant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond reputeGrant Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakuAce View Post
I keep all of mine in my dresser, and I am considering taking them with me in college and decorating my dorm room with them
I'm gonna go ahead here and recommend this. I have what I call my "FIRST Shrine" right next to my desk in my dorm room that reminds me of FRC every time I study or do whatever. It consists of my 08 champs medal, 08 driver badge, 09 Cass Tech volunteer badge, a necklace someone from 469 made me out of 80/20, a few pieces of our robot I stole from the shop, and a small string of "important" buttons attached to a 217 lanyard. It's small but everyone in my hall knows what it is and what I'm into, and sometimes all it takes is a look at that driver badge to remind me of the incredible times I had with it on me.

All the other buttons are in a shoebox at home that is equally fun to look through every now and then. I definitely would second the recommendation of some sort of board or something though that is easier to look at than a shoe box.

ThunderChicken driver '07-'08
Robowrangler '13-?

FIRST in Michigan, VEX World Championship, and now Texas MC/Game Announcer '08-?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: