Go to Post No one said that this would be easy. And if they did, they were obviously refering to a little red button from Staples and not to FIRST. - artdutra04 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Mentor / Bayou LRI
AKA: DeepWater
FRC #0456 (Siege Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
ChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond repute
USB Chicklet

Does anyone know if CrossTheRoadElectronics is still making and shipping USB Chicklets? I know IFI is no longer selling them and was under the impression that they were no longer being manufactured. Just out of curiosity I just checked CrossTheRoadElectronics website and they appear to be still taking orders. I "added one to my cart" and the cart went to a PayPal account listed as "Michigan Biodiesel Supply". Anyone know if "Michigan Biodiesel Supply" is a legit sales front for CrossTheRoadElectronics? We need another USB Chicklet and before I order one from CrossTheRoadElectronics I was just wondering if I anyone knew if the order would actually be fufilled.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USB Chicklet

They have the following note on their main page
Quote:
News - 02/22/2008

The USB-Chicklet is no longer in production.

Thank you to all of our customers and IFI for making the Chicklet a sucess.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Mentor / Bayou LRI
AKA: DeepWater
FRC #0456 (Siege Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
ChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond reputeChuckDickerson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USB Chicklet

Thanks Joe. That's what gave me the impression that they are no longer being made. It does not however necessarily mean they donít still have some in stock and are still selling those until they run out. I am just wondering (hoping) that may be the case but I seriously doubt it. I assume they ran out a long time ago but I am just wondering why they appear to be still taking orders for them. I also assume there are some uses for them outside of FIRST and the IFI controllers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: