Go to Post You can build an amazing robot that is capable and beautiful on a limited budget. - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
Manipulator Design in FIRST Robotics presentation

All,

Over the past couple of years, Greg Needel and I have given a few presentations on Manipulator design in FIRST Robotics. We tend up update each others' presentation each year. I am presenting on this topic tonight at Purdue University, to the Purdue FIRST Programs, and I thought that it would be good to have this updated version available to the FIRST community.

This presentation is simply a summary of Manipulator and Appendage design, and it's still 48 pages long.

This presentation is located on the AndyMark presentation web page, listed as the 2nd entry.

If anyone wants to add content to this presentation, you can add info on this thread, or contact Greg or me.

Sincerely,
Andy Baker
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manipulator Design in FIRST Robotics presentation

Thanks Andy and Greg!
The Baltimore Area Alliance teams are planning workshops, and this will be a great resource.
Not as good as having Greg there but a great option.
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
AKA: xMentor/Inspector/Referee
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
Ted Weisse is a glorious beacon of lightTed Weisse is a glorious beacon of lightTed Weisse is a glorious beacon of lightTed Weisse is a glorious beacon of lightTed Weisse is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Manipulator Design in FIRST Robotics presentation

Thank you for the excellent resource. Our team not only lost our major sponsors but also our mechanical mentor. This will help us immensely.

Thanks for your continued support to all of us out in the trenches. Yes I know you are also there right beside us. THANKS!!!!

Ted

-Rabbi Hillel
Jewish scholar & theologian (30 BC - 9 AD)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
FRC #0211 (MaK)

Rookie Year: 2010
ksanger is on a distinguished road

Andy; I was looking for Greg Needel's original presentation. Do you know where I might find it?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)

Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanger View Post
Andy; I was looking for Greg Needel's original presentation. Do you know where I might find it?
I am not sure which version you are looking for the "original" goes back several iterations. You can download this one http://www.robogreg.com/Manipulators2008.ppt (which is the last one I gave at the championship in 2008).

If you are looking for a different one, or know what year I gave the presentation I may be able to track it down for you.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
FRC #0211 (MaK)

Thanks Greg;

I was also wondering if the drawings were originally yours and was surprised to see them in Andy Mark's presentation without any reference to your original document. I suppose that the Andy Mark presentation might be the original at which point your presentation should reference them.

So if I use the drawings whom should I reference as their source?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)

Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanger View Post
Thanks Greg;

I was also wondering if the drawings were originally yours and was surprised to see them in Andy Mark's presentation without any reference to your original document. I suppose that the Andy Mark presentation might be the original at which point your presentation should reference them.

So if I use the drawings whom should I reference as their source?
The original presentation was made by Raul Olivera(111) where some of the drawings came from. I made/modified most of the other powerpoint drawings. Andy and I have been changing the content (photos of robots and wording since 2005ish). As far as attributions go at this point i don't think anyone involved in the evolution of this presentation care that much..... The safe thing to do would be to site Raul, Andy and myself.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:32 AM
FRC #0211 (MaK)

Excellent thanks. Re: Manipulator Design in FIRST Robotics presentation

Excellent thanks.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: