OCCRA
Go to Post You know you have bad field problems if both Dean and Woodie come out to try to fix them... :) - tim_reiher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
no team

ferc is an unknown quantity at this point
Labview programming help - Deploy mode not working

Hi there,

I have a programming doubt.I deployed the simple motor program VI and it worked perfect in run or Live debugging mode. If I try to deploy it from the project explorer window it deploys the program successfully but I'm not getting the motor to run.I tried changing the value of the constant in VI to 0.1 but still it doesn't turn the motor anyways.Can you help me out with this?

Thanks and regards,
Murthy
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Labview programming help - Deploy mode not working

I'm assuming you really mean the "Motor Control Example"?

I hope you set a default speed on the Front Panel before you built & deployed it. Depending on the motor 0.1 could possibly be too slow to actually cause some motors to move.
It really isn't setup to run deployed, since it requires the front panel to actually control anything and the front panel doesn't get included as part of a deployment, and isn't active when the cRIO gets rebooted.

Did you make "Motor Control Example.vi" your Startup vi when you created your build specification?
You'll find that under the Build Specification that you created -> Properties -> Source Files.

I still like to use "Run as startup" too, rather than "Deploy", just in case the "Always run deployed code at startup" wasn't checked when the cRIO was last flashed.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 10-20-2009 at 03:26 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
no team

ferc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mark!
Thanks for help.I actually didn't build the application in the first place.I'm using the simple motor control VI from Labview site.I tried building the stand-alone .exe and now when I deploy the application ,it works fine for me.

But still am quite unsure as of why the deploy from project explorer window didn't work?

Thanks,
Murthy
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-20-2009, 05:32 PM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

The deploy menu item in the project is deceiving. It is there really more as a test mechanism. What you really need to do is open the VI and push the run button on the top left of the toolbar.

Greg McKaskle
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: