OCCRA
Go to Post Great. Just what we need. DHS showing up at all the regional competitions. . - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #106   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:27 PM
FRCTop25.com
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2005
Justin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Montois has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Justin Montois
Re: [BB] 2010 Game Hint #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikat View Post
Also, I don't believe that the lexan assembly slides on the small tube for the reason that it can't; there are no slots cut in the small tube that would be necessary to clear the bolt attaching the lexan to the big tube.
That is a good point. So the question becomes, why even have the larger tube? Why not just attach the lexan to one length of the larger tube...?
2014-Finger Lakes Regional Finalist with 3015 and 3044
2014-Tech Valley Regional Chairman's Award
2012-Buckeye Regional Champions With 1507 and 3015
2012-Finger Lakes Regional Chairman's Award
2012-Finger Lakes Regional Finalist with 3015 and 4124
2011-Finger Lakes Regional Chairman's Award
2011-Finger Lakes Regional Finalist with 1126 and 3157
  #107   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM
The Blue Alliance
FRC #0604 (Quixilver), FRC #1323 (MadTown Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Eugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340x4xLife View Post
That is a good point. So the question becomes, why even have the larger tube? Why not just attach the lexan to one length of the larger tube...?
Collapsibility for transportation.

Various FLL Teams - Student (2000-2006), Mentor (2007-2010)
FRC Team 604 - Student (2007-2010), Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
7 Regional Chairman's Awards, 2 Regional Engineering Inspiration Awards, 2 Regional Wins, 4 Woodie Flowers Finalists, 2 Dean's List Finalists
FRC Team 1323 - Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
2 Regional Chairman's Awards, 1 Regional Engineering Inspiration Award, 1 Woodie Flowers Finalist, 2 Dean's List Finalists

The Blue Alliance | TBA GameDay | TBA Android App
  #108   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
4 Banners, 6 medals, 1 insane year!
AKA: Brendan Browne, Sensei, Mentuar
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup Robotics) 1519 (Alumni)

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to BrendanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFennig8 View Post
Hey guys,

Look, yes FIRST is known for its trickery and hints, but maybe we have not looked at it fully. Try turning the picture 90 degrees. It looks like a holder for a game piece that could easily be mounted on the side of the field. I mean yes it is a little farther out. But I looked and thought it would be a trailer hitch again. With how it looked and where you can just roll up to a trailer, hook on, move it around and even dump w.e it is inside the trailer somewhere else. But with the look out of it. I see a high game piece, maybe even an extra bonus piece being placed up there. Or, even the last second bonus area to score. Maybe finally seeing some square game pieces like the Wall of totes in 2001.
I would agree that it could hold something if turned upwards. Maybe they need to be moved from one area on the field, stacked together vertically, and then a game piece is placed in the slot created.

Oh and wall o totes was 2003!

THANK YOU GDC FOR RELEASING A HINT FOR CHRISTMAS!

2013 Pine Tree Regional Champions with 2648 and 2386 + Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Archimedes Judges Award
2014 UNH District Champions with 58 & 4555 + Chairmans Award
2014 Northeastern District Champions with 125 & 5000 + Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 New England District Championship Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 Archimedes Division Champions with 2590, 1625, & 1477
  #109   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Team 79 Alumni
AKA: Bryan Gallo
FRC #0079 (Team KRUNCH)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
gallo26 is a name known to allgallo26 is a name known to allgallo26 is a name known to allgallo26 is a name known to allgallo26 is a name known to allgallo26 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to gallo26 Send a message via Skype™ to gallo26

I keep going back to this, but in 2008 with the Overpass, FIRST made connectors that would link two ends together, the connector would snap the two together. But the only problem is I don't see any inner connections making the smaller pipe a connector.

Being that it IS lexan... this can't support anything that would be in an extreme force environment. Maybe it's a ball shoot behind the driver station like 2006, but with less jams. I dont know about an auto loader. I thought that, but the lexan + speeding robot = *snap* It must be something robots don't come directly in contact with.
Team 79 President '09
Team 79 Electrical Sub Team Leader '08, '09

#110   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Free Agent Mentor
no team (Team Krunch)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
jerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud ofjerry w has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallo26 View Post
I've tested that, and Inventor wont refract the reflection like that. Its very odd. Because it IS lexan, its clear you can see the upper pole through it. Like i said before, its most likely a cad model of the whole field. They moved the background just below that part to cut anything out.

The reflection most definitely reminds me of the 2007 game hint. If you looked close enough, you could see the spider legs through the inner tube
You need to consider that the lexan is not square. It leans slightly. Thus the reflection is the result of the leaning lexan. the balls will roll downhill if the support contains an angle holding the rails.
  #111   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM
+1 is BIGGER than -1
AKA: Joshua Manela
FRC #2586 (Fondy Fire)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
jmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to behold

now here is a question, why is the top shaped the way that it is? Is it pushing or pullng something? It is pretty high compared to the rest of the assembly. and why the hole at the top? would it attach to some sort of backboard like in a basketball net?

It is also shaped like it could hold some sort of cylindrical prism. Remember the coke can from [BB]?
http://frcdirector.blogspot.com/2009...o-do-with.html
||2009|| Entrepeneurship Award, QF - Traverse City | Rookie All Star, QF - Detroit | Highest Rookie Seed, Rookie All Star, QF - Michigan State Championship | Finalist - MARC ||2010|| Engineering Inspiration, Website Award, SF- Kettering | Judges Award, Website Award, SF - Detroit | Website Award, Winner, Michigan State Champ //Thank you 469 and 1918!! | Finalist - MARC ||2011|| Engineering Inspiration, Website - Kettering | Entrepreneurship, Website, Finalist - Waterford | Website - MSC
  #112   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM
.999~=1
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)

Brad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Brad Voracek

I've already figured out the entire game from this picture, minus a few small details that I'm just going to extrapolate from previous years.

Starting work on our robot now...

For those of you still working on it: the shadows are important, play with it in photoshop for a few hours... And what JVN said is really important to figuring the game out, just have to do a little research..

Good luck all, this is the most revealing hint FIRST has given yet.

Team 399 - Eagle Robotics
  #113   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Also worth noting before I leave: What are the four holes in the actual lexan for?

1/4 lexan could probably take a few hits. I heard there's this one team that builds their frame out of it... crazy. Granted, unless there's a "slow down when approaching this item" rule, mandatory bumbers, and / or some other collision mechanism, there's pretty much a 1000% chance these could break in competition if they were an autoloader as we know them. Unless the whole assembly is mounted outside the field so only large arms could hit them...

A quick play with the Hue / Saturation Photoshop sliders got me nothing you wouldn't expect with the reflection. I wouldn't try it.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)

Last edited by Chris is me : 12-24-2009 at 02:48 PM.
  #114   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:45 PM

BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Voracek View Post
I've already figured out the entire game from this picture, minus a few small details that I'm just going to extrapolate from previous years.

Starting work on our robot now...

For those of you still working on it: the shadows are important, play with it in photoshop for a few hours... And what JVN said is really important to figuring the game out, just have to do a little research..

Good luck all, this is the most revealing hint FIRST has given yet.
Dude, I'll give you $20 bucks if you PM with the details, I've serviced mad people all day (7-3) I don't need to think about this!

please?
EDIT: or at least send the picture! please?
i doubt you have it figured out!

2013 Pine Tree Regional Champions with 2648 and 2386 + Engineering Excellence Award
2014 Northeastern District Champions with 125 & 5000 + Engineering Inspiration Award

Last edited by BrendanB : 12-24-2009 at 02:48 PM.
  #115   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:45 PM
+1 is BIGGER than -1
AKA: Joshua Manela
FRC #2586 (Fondy Fire)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
jmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to beholdjmanela is a splendid one to behold

i know people have been saying that it is too weak for robots to handle, what if it was meant for the human player to push or pull *note the big handle on top
||2009|| Entrepeneurship Award, QF - Traverse City | Rookie All Star, QF - Detroit | Highest Rookie Seed, Rookie All Star, QF - Michigan State Championship | Finalist - MARC ||2010|| Engineering Inspiration, Website Award, SF- Kettering | Judges Award, Website Award, SF - Detroit | Website Award, Winner, Michigan State Champ //Thank you 469 and 1918!! | Finalist - MARC ||2011|| Engineering Inspiration, Website - Kettering | Entrepreneurship, Website, Finalist - Waterford | Website - MSC
  #116   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:49 PM
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
rtfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond repute

What if it holds a game piece at the beginning of a match like in 2004.
  #117   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:53 PM
The Blue Alliance
FRC #0604 (Quixilver), FRC #1323 (MadTown Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2000
Eugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry w View Post
You need to consider that the lexan is not square. It leans slightly. Thus the reflection is the result of the leaning lexan. the balls will roll downhill if the support contains an angle holding the rails.
Intersting idea. But where is the lexan bent? Or is it attached to the tubes non perpendicularly? I can't seem to see either case in the picture.

Various FLL Teams - Student (2000-2006), Mentor (2007-2010)
FRC Team 604 - Student (2007-2010), Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
7 Regional Chairman's Awards, 2 Regional Engineering Inspiration Awards, 2 Regional Wins, 4 Woodie Flowers Finalists, 2 Dean's List Finalists
FRC Team 1323 - Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
2 Regional Chairman's Awards, 1 Regional Engineering Inspiration Award, 1 Woodie Flowers Finalist, 2 Dean's List Finalists

The Blue Alliance | TBA GameDay | TBA Android App
  #118   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:54 PM
.999~=1
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)

Brad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Brad Voracek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanB View Post
Dude, I'll give you $20 bucks if you PM with the details, I've serviced mad people all day (7-3) I don't need to think about this!

please?
EDIT: or at least send the picture! please?
i doubt you have it figured out!
It'll cost you 40

Team 399 - Eagle Robotics
  #119   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Alum, former programmer&co-captain
FRC #2472 (The Centurions)

Rookie Year: 2008
RoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant futureRoboMaster has a brilliant future

I really think that someone should play around with this on the technical side. Photoshop, encryption. Use your 2009 fish hint skills!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry w View Post
Could someone explains what this means? I don't see any lean in the lexan... Is it leaning forwards? Or do you just mean the whole part is rotated for a diagonal view?

I'm not slacking, my code's compiling
...and I'm using LabVIEW
  #120   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Voracek View Post
It'll cost you 40
Yah, Merry Christmas to you too... $40 my foot! hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: