OCCRA
Go to Post By affiliating yourself with a team, you are representing them at all times, as you are a member and part of that team. - Chris is me [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
The Crazy Blonde
AKA: Cassie
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1997
Dancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dancin103
Calling All Teams HELP Please

Dear All Teams,

Team 103 has established a network called the FIRST Interactive Rural Support. This network looks to help and assist all teams in need and also looks to find teams willing to mentor other teams. Through our network that we created back in 2003, we have created network of approximately 60 teams. If you are a team that needs mentoring or you are a team that is willing to mentor and assist other teams in many different areas, please let us know and we will put you on our network and get the word out to FRC teams looking for help.

Our current support network map includes 58 teams within the United States and 1 team in Brazil. There are no teams in our network from Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Israel, the UK, Germany, Austrailia, the Netherlands, Herzegovina, or Turkey.

Help may include fundraising ideas, chairman's award submission critque, mechanical help, team organizational information, programming help, animation assitance, newsletter help, and website help. This is just a few suggested ideas if there is anything else we can help.

Thank you,
Cassie and the Officers of Team 103

2010 Florida Regional Woodie Flowers Award - Cathy Beck
2011 Florida Regional Woodie Flowers Award - Jack Tusman
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Currently teamless
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calling All Teams HELP Please

Cassie, if there are any teams who need support, let us know. I'll get in touch with them and we'll help out. I'm assuming it works the same way as the remote mentoring we do with the EWCP?

Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT | ['11-'12]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM
The Crazy Blonde
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Dancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. I will add you guys to the list of teams willing to mentor. I appreciate the help. I'm hoping to get the network document of teams out by the end of the week.

Cass

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Worry is a poor use of Imagination
AKA: Cynette Cavaliere
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)

Rookie Year: 2005
Cynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Cynette Send a message via AIM to Cynette

Cassie:

If 1511 is not already on your list of teams willing to mentor, please add us as well. Last year we had a rookie team to mentor, but haven't formed a formal relationship with one for this year, so we have lots of free time on our hands!
Rolling Thunder, Team 1511: The Thunder just keeps getting louder!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
The Crazy Blonde
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynette View Post
Cassie:

If 1511 is not already on your list of teams willing to mentor, please add us as well. Last year we had a rookie team to mentor, but haven't formed a formal relationship with one for this year, so we have lots of free time on our hands!
Awesome thanks Cynette. I will add your team. Should I add you as the main contact, if so, what's the contact email.

Cass

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Lead Technical Advisor
FRC #1208 (MeTool Brigade)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1996
DavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud ofDavidGitz has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DavidGitz Send a message via MSN to DavidGitz Send a message via Yahoo to DavidGitz

2219 is willing to help out where we can. We are in Carbondale IL and the nearest teams are about 2 hours away.

Personally I am also willing to mentor other teams where I can, I am in St. Louis and have 8 years in FRC.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Mentor - 2826
AKA: Jake Fischer
FRC #2826 (Wave Robotics)

trilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond reputetrilogy2826 has a reputation beyond repute

Team 2826 is willing to help meet any team's needs (within reason ). We are located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. We have only four new rookie teams in Wisconsin this year, but we are close enough to Illinois and Eastern Minnesota to help when needed. You can contact me as the main contact at jfischer[at]oshkoshcorp[dot]com.

PS. Even though this is only our second year as a team, we have about half a dozen mentors that have been in FRC anywhere from 4 to 8 years.

Last edited by dez250 : 01-14-2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: removed live link to reduce spam
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:52 AM
The Crazy Blonde
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Thank to both 2826 and 2219 for your help. We greatly appreciate it.

Cass

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Lead Robot Inspector
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
Team 1708 Dave is on a distinguished road

WOW!! I just started a “Mentor Consulting Program” for the Pittsburgh region. In fact I just sent out the request for mentor help yesterday, to the teams attending our regional.

What helpful tips can you share with me?

My plan is to build a database of skills and when a team requests help in a particular field I will ask the mentor(s) if they would be willing to assist that team. I also emphasized that it is not my plan to dislocate any mentor from their team. I already have a few mentors eager to share their awesome skills.

Sincerely,

David J Dujmic
Lead Robotics Inspector 2010 / Mentor
Chairman: Team Development & Support, Pittsburgh FIRST
(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
www.usfirst.org

Pittsburgh Regional FIRST Robotics Competition
Petersen Events Center - March 12-13, 2010
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute

Cassie,
Teams can contact me at any time for help. Any team in our area should ask for help. Do not wait. A little problem today becomes a big problem in a few weeks.
www.wildstang.org
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Currently teamless
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Cassie, finally replied to your PM. My priority email is there.

Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT | ['11-'12]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2010, 07:07 AM
The Crazy Blonde
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Skierkiewicz View Post
Cassie,
Teams can contact me at any time for help. Any team in our area should ask for help. Do not wait. A little problem today becomes a big problem in a few weeks.
Thank you very much. As I said before, the white paper should be out by the end of this week.

Cass

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
AKA: Rafa
FRC #1860 (Cephatron)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2004
sloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud ofsloteera has much to be proud of

Hi Cass,

You can include the team #1860 (Cephatron) on your network. We can assist (and may need assistance also) teams from South America.

I think that has 10 brazilian teams today e 1 chilean team.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2010, 10:22 AM
The Crazy Blonde
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Thank I will add your team to the list. If there is anything we can assist you with please do let us know.

Cass

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
AKA: CupCake
FRC #3509 (Fallout)
Team Role: RoboCoach

Rookie Year: 2004
nathan.chupp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to nathan.chupp