OCCRA
Go to Post Too many hours of robotics and too little sleep causes me to forget things.... - AdamHeard [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Robotics for life(stupid classmate)
AKA: PICKELL!!!
FRC #0219 (Team Impact)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
a kenny03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to a kenny03
secondary development computer

does anyone know how to send code to the robot through a computer that is not the classmate pc?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
FRC #0975

Rookie Year: 2010
Kevka is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: secondary development computer

I installed all the development software for java + the driver station software on my laptop yesterday. I didn't have the possibility to actually connect it to the cRIO, but developing programs works.
This moning I started wrting a manual, but I am not completly sure if I wrote the steps down in the right order or if the order matters in the first place.
Here is what I wrote untill now:

How to set up your (Java) Development Computer for FRC 2010
Install the following Programs:
FIRST Robotics Software 2010 - Windows - LabVIEW & NI Utilities: “FRC cRIO imaging tool” + “Setup Axis Camera” from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1534
FIRST Robotics Software 2010 - Windows - Driver Station: “FRC Dashboard” + “FRC Driver Station” from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1535
Java SE Development Kit 6u18 from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/widget/jdk6.jsp
NetBeans Java IDE from http://netbeans.org/downloads/
Install NetBeans FRC plugins:
Add the following URL to the NetBeans plugin paths: http://first.wpi.edu/FRC/java/netbea...te/updates.xml
Install all the available plugins from the aforementioned source
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

Install LabVIEW for FRC on the development computer. Run the mandatory LabVIEW update. Set the IP address on the computer to something compatible with your cRIO's address (10.2.19.6 is probably a good choice for Team 219). Connect it to your router. Follow the regular procedure for building and deploying LabVIEW programs.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
FRC #2230
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2009
Nadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to beholdNadav Zingerman is a splendid one to behold

Plug (or use wireless for Classmate) both the classmate and the other computer into the router (not the wireless bridge that goes on the robot). Make sure the Classmate is running the DS software or your code won't run. Be sure to configure All IP addresses properly.

After that all should work.
Good Luck!

Edit: Oops, Alan beat me to it.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: