OCCRA
Go to Post The holiday season is formally known as "kick-off rendering season" - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
AKA: Chavez Clemons Jr.
FRC #2224 (Phoenix Phenoms)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
greatman05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to greatman05 Send a message via MSN to greatman05 Send a message via Yahoo to greatman05 Send a message via Skype™ to greatman05
Question Can't get cRIO to connect to Driver Station Software

Hello. I've been having this continuous problem with setting up the cRIO for communication with the driver station. I've upgraded the firmware for the cRIO (by the way, what is the version or date supposed to say for the updated firmware on the cRIO when you start the cRIO Imaging Tool?), and I've hooked up everything as necessary for the benchtop test; however, it won't connect. There are two red lights next to "Robot Code" and "Communications". How can I fix this? I'm running the software on another laptop (we sent our Classmate in to the company for an RMA).
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2010, 06:44 PM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't get cRIO to connect to Driver Station Software

The cRIO needs be v19 or v20, depending on which update you have.

Communications is a summary of the others. If the only thing you are missing is code, I'd open the dev tool, setup the sample project or even an example, and run. Be sure to leave the DS on and running so that you can enable the robot once you have code.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
AKA: Chavez Clemons Jr.
FRC #2224 (Phoenix Phenoms)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
greatman05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to greatman05 Send a message via MSN to greatman05 Send a message via Yahoo to greatman05 Send a message via Skype™ to greatman05
Re: Can't get cRIO to connect to Driver Station Software

OK...By the way, here's another question: During the flashing process, is it normal for the robot to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times?

By that second part, do you mean to download the default code and run it, and then try to enable it through the driver station?

Also, when I hooked up the Analog Breakout and the other breakout (default is slot 2), I got a red light under "Robot" in Diagnostics when it usually was green. How do I fix that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: