Go to Post I frequently summarize the core mission of FIRST as inspiring the smartest high school kids to study science and engineering, so they don't become lawyers. (It's about 70% in jest) - MikeE [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Get a life? This IS my life!
AKA: Phil Malone
FRC #1629 (GaCo: The Garrett Coalition)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
PhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond repute
PC with 1.1 DS update can't see Cypress IO.

I just installed the lastest updates on my desktop PC, and tried to use the Cypress IO of the first time on this machine.

The IO module had already been programmed on another laptop, and it works fine on the classmate display station.

When I plug the module into my desktop, the "New Harware" wizard pops up, but can't find drivers for the module. (I even let it search the web)

I tried un-installing both cypress components from the 1.1 DS update, and re-installing them, but it still won't install drivers.

Any clues?

FRC1629 Mentor (2011 CMP Eng. Inspiration, 2010 Chesapeake Chairmans Award, 2009 Pittsburgh EI Award, 2008 Buckeye EI Award, 2006 Chesapeake Alliance Winner)
FTC2818 Coach (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist, 2011 MD Winning Alliance, 2010 MD & OH Winning Alliance Captain, 2009 MD Inspire Award and Championship Finalist).
FTC4240 Mentor (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist Captain, 2011 MD Winning Alliance Captain).
FLL Team NeXTGEN Mentor (2011 CMP 3rd place Strategy & Innovation, US Open 09, Champions Award: '11 MD, 09 PIT, 08 & 07 MD)

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PC with 1.1 DS update can't see Cypress IO.

One of the issues with the Cypress installer early in the season was that it doesn't force a reboot, and yet the service that communicates with the device isn't active until the machine is restarted.

If you haven't already done so, make sure to restart the computer and try again. Also note that the device has no serial number, so plugging it into the "other" plug will as for drivers to be loaded again.

Greg McKaskle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: