OCCRA
Go to Post Just like any good hardware or software product, "insert foot before putting mouth in gear"..... - dhitchco [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
FRC #1943 (NeatTeam) & FRC #4590 (GreenBlitz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Itamar is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting Info from the robot on the dashboard

Hello,
We want to get information on the dashboard project from the robot.
I know there is some information I can already get on it like the Camera image, Camera target, gyro Angle and Joystick X.
I want to know how to have any information i want to display on the dashboard, both electronic componnets information and even variables which we create.
If that is possible I would realy like to know how.
Thank you.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:22 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting Info from the robot on the dashboard

http://www.lvmastery.com/TipJar2009-02-10

or

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8862

may help.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM
FRC #1943 (NeatTeam) & FRC #4590 (GreenBlitz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Itamar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much, it helped and it works now.
However the speed it takes the dashboard to update my indicator is very slow, and I am sure it can be improved.
The X value of the joystick which the dashboard gets from the default code is being updated almost instantly.
If someone knows how to raise the updating speed I would realy like to know.
I have attached a dashboard project and a robot project which contain this piece of code, so if you can check what I did wrong it would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: zip InfoToDashboard.zip (396.4 KB, 13 views)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

By default, the robot code for LV only updates the dashboard twice a second. If you want to speed it up, you can make modifications to the team VI called Build Dashboard Data. The easy edit is to the right hand side of the loop where it updates on call 0 and 25. Add a few other numbers there to achieve the frames where you wish to transmit.

Greg McKaskle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: