OCCRA
Go to Post Viva La FIRST Revolucion! - phrontist [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Jack of all Positions
AKA: Jacquie
FRC #3155 (Glo-Bots)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2010
EddiesCouch is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EddiesCouch
Exclamation Update Problem and Stuttering Compressor

We just finished installing the updates for LabVIEW today but when we tried to open our robot's programing file a window appeared with an extremely long list of 'non-compatible' files. Most of these files were extremely important, including all the files that we had original programing in. Now, after fixing a portion of the programing, it won't let me build because the robot main .vi is 'broken'. This is my first year using the program so I'm not sure if it's just that I pressed something or the updates were installed wrong.

Also, we've been getting some problems with a stuttering compressor. It's supposed to shut off once it's reached 120 psi but instead it just starts to stutter. We've determined that it is a programing issue but I've followed all of the examples LabVIEW provides (including 'solenoid with compressor') so I'm not sure what's going on. So starting from the beginning, how would you set up compressor programing so that it reaches 120 psi, stops, then starts up again once the pressure drops?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson
Re: Update Problem and Stuttering Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiesCouch View Post
Now, after fixing a portion of the programing, it won't let me build because the robot main .vi is 'broken'.
Click the "run" arrow on the Robot Main vi. It should present you with a list of things that it considers broken; double-click on one to be taken directly to the offending spot in the block diagram.

Quote:
So starting from the beginning, how would you set up compressor programing so that it reaches 120 psi, stops, then starts up again once the pressure drops?
Follow the pattern in the Solenoid With Compressor Example, moving the initialization and cleanup to the proper places in the competition code framework:

In Begin.vi, place a Compressor Open, telling it which DIO has the pressure switch connected, and which Relay is controlling the compressor. Wire the resulting Device Reference to a Compressor Start, then to a Compressor RefNum Registry Set, giving an appropriate name like "Compressor".

In Finish.vi, place a Compressor RefNum Registry Get, giving it the same name you gave the Set. Wire the Device Reference into the first frame of the Flat Sequence, where you will place a Compressor Stop, then a Compressor Close.

That's it. Don't open the DIO or Relay anywhere else. Let the background compressor task take care of turning things on and off as needed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: