OCCRA
Go to Post The best legacy of this little machine is the inspiration she provided to a whole generation of future explorers who witnessed the unveiling of a planet through the eyes of a robot. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't Get EliMOEnated!
AKA: My First Name is really "The" (or Brian)
FRC #0365 (The Miracle Workerz); FRC#1495 (AGR); FRC#4342 (Demon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
The Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to The Lucas
Re: 2010 Silicon Valley Regional

Which team is trying to do the 469 style ball redirection? I couldn't read the numbers on their bumper (if they had numbers at this point).

Electrical & Programming Mentor ---Team #365 "The Miracle Workerz"
Founding Mentor --- Team #1495 Avon Grove High School
2007 CMP Chairman's Award - Thanks to all MOE members (and others) past and present who made it a reality.
Robot Inspector
"I don't think I'm ever more ''aware'' than I am right after I burn my thumb with a soldering iron"
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
CraigHickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucas View Post
Which team is trying to do the 469 style ball redirection? I couldn't read the numbers on their bumper (if they had numbers at this point).
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:29 PM
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
rtfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond reputertfgnow has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have the embed code or a stream link for the Silicon Valley Regional?
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Mentor
FRC #0670 (Homestead Robotics)

Steven670 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven670 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven670 has a spectacular aura about

Woo-Hoo, Team 670 first to pass inspection at 10:33am, at least we are best at something this year. We sailed through up to programming the modem, which gave them endless trouble. The new software just didn't work. They finally dug out last year's instructions and got those to work. We ran in all our practice match with only some minor problems to iron out.

Seriously though, it wasn't going well over in the inspection area, only 10 or so teams passing by 3pm.

I only noticed one apparent field problem, fairly late in the day (3pm or so) resulting in at least 15 minutes of delay. They rushed the practice matches after that so as to finish around 30 minutes late.

Team 8's ball director had serious problems on test, I'll be surprised if they get it working for this competition. I'm told they built it all in the last 3 days after seeing 469's success.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:04 PM
UMich MechE '16
AKA: @BaselThe2nd
FRC #3322 (Eagle Imperium)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Basel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond reputeBasel A has a reputation beyond repute

As someone in Michigan, I'm quite interested to see how well you west-coasters build robot. Speaking of well-built robots, my handy-dandy FRC tracker reported that there were 30 points scored in one practice match, for one alliance. Hopefully it got that wrong? Should I be scared? Can anyone get me some details? Heheh.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Mentor
FRC #0670 (Homestead Robotics)

Steven670 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven670 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven670 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basel A View Post
As someone in Michigan, I'm quite interested to see how well you west-coasters build robot. Speaking of well-built robots, my handy-dandy FRC tracker reported that there were 30 points scored in one practice match, for one alliance. Hopefully it got that wrong? Should I be scared? Can anyone get me some details? Heheh.
Since no robots showed up for the first few matches, the refs were throwing the balls into the goals to give the human players some practice and test the scoring system, so 30 is quite possible. 7 was the highest score in a real match that I saw. I don't think they bothered to score the hangs or the penalties, though.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:32 PM
run the trap!!!
FRC #0100 (The Wild Hat Society)
Team Role: Human Player

Rookie Year: 2005
=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute=Martin=Taylor= has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven670 View Post
Woo-Hoo, Team 670 first to pass inspection at 10:33am, at least we are best at something this year....

Team 8's ball director had serious problems on test, I'll be surprised if they get it working for this competition. I'm told they built it all in the last 3 days after seeing 469's success.
I was actually very impressed with 670ís robot this year. Quite good kicking and hanging

I'm doubtful 8 will get their shoots working. The balls come down their shoots very fast, and their shoots are much shorter than 469ís. I'm not sure they'll be able to direct them into the goals. But we shall see.

I donít know why 8 is rebuilding most of their bot, their original ball control and kicker system was IMO very successful in Portland.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:58 PM
AKA: Tim L.
FRC #0997 (Spartan Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2004
pakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to pakratt1991 Send a message via MSN to pakratt1991 Send a message via Yahoo to pakratt1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Martin=Taylor= View Post
I was actually very impressed with 670ís robot this year. Quite good kicking and hanging

I'm doubtful 8 will get their shoots working. The balls come down their shoots very fast, and their shoots are much shorter than 469ís. I'm not sure they'll be able to direct them into the goals. But we shall see.

I donít know why 8 is rebuilding most of their bot, their original ball control and kicker system was IMO very successful in Portland.
They had some issues in Portland gathering the balls, once they were able to get their cups controlling the ball it seemed to work great.

I personally don't see why they would do this, I understand winning is important but if your students have spend 6 weeks working really hard on a design / strategy that the team concepted/prototyped/designed and eventually built it's probably worth competing with it.
But I digress, this isn't the time or place for that discussion

Quote:
This was the Reffs, I was watching and couldn't figure out if they were testing the ball counters or what. Thanks Steven for enlightening me.

2010 Oregon Autodesk Regional Winner (997, 2130, 1515) (Event Volunteer)
2008 UC Davis Semi-Finalists
2007 Championship Semi-Finalist (494, 254, 997)
2007 Davis Sacramento regional Champs (100, 997, 1458)
2007 PNW regional, Champs (997, 272, 1087)
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
The Blue Alliance
FRC #0604 (Quixilver), FRC #1323 (MadTown Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2000
Eugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basel A View Post
Team 604 scored 30 points in a match with team 254 and 973!

But yes, it was a test match where the refs were testing the field. I hope we see that alliance on Saturday!

Various FLL Teams - Student (2000-2006), Mentor (2007-2010)
FRC Team 604 - Student (2007-2010), Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
7 Regional Chairman's Awards, 2 Regional Engineering Inspiration Awards, 2 Regional Wins, 4 Woodie Flowers Finalists, 2 Dean's List Finalists
FRC Team 1323 - Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
2 Regional Chairman's Awards, 1 Regional Engineering Inspiration Award, 1 Woodie Flowers Finalist, 2 Dean's List Finalists

The Blue Alliance | TBA GameDay | TBA Android App
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
AKA: Tim L.
FRC #0997 (Spartan Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2004
pakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nicepakratt1991 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to pakratt1991 Send a message via MSN to pakratt1991 Send a message via Yahoo to pakratt1991

Ouch, I'm watching qualification match #14 and the blue alliance only has 1 robot on the field

2010 Oregon Autodesk Regional Winner (997, 2130, 1515) (Event Volunteer)
2008 UC Davis Semi-Finalists
2007 Championship Semi-Finalist (494, 254, 997)
2007 Davis Sacramento regional Champs (100, 997, 1458)
2007 PNW regional, Champs (997, 272, 1087)
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Breathe in... Breathe out...
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Rookie Year: 2002
Michael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond repute

In match #20, 192 was on 675's ramp, and was touching the tower with their bumper. It looked like the whole robot was above the plane of the platform, but I don't think the refs scored it as a hang. Can someone else shed light on what happened there?
2012-2013 - Team 1662 - Lead Mentor, Coach
2013-20?? - Team 1678 - Mentor, Coach
**Like Us On Facebook!**
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Do what you want with my bot, eh.
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Rookie Year: 2006
Kristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond reputeKristian Calhoun has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kristian Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corsetto View Post
In match #20, 192 was on 675's ramp, and was touching the tower with their bumper. It looked like the whole robot was above the plane of the platform, but I don't think the refs scored it as a hang. Can someone else shed light on what happened there?
To me it looked as though one of their wheels had dropped below the plane of the platform when 675 backed away from the tower.

Kristian.Calhoun[at]gmail.com|@KristianCalhoun |Facebook
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Breathe in... Breathe out...
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Rookie Year: 2002
Michael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Calhoun View Post
To me it looked as though one of their wheels had dropped below the plane of the platform when 675 backed away from the tower.
Yeah, I figured that's what happened, but they never took a close look at it like they do with most hanging robots. It made me think they completely dismissed it as not having a chance at scoring since it was on top of 675, when in fact it would count as long as the whole bot was above the platform and in contact with the tower. Just curious, I don't want another 2008 "ball de-scoring" fiasco...
2012-2013 - Team 1662 - Lead Mentor, Coach
2013-20?? - Team 1678 - Mentor, Coach
**Like Us On Facebook!**
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Currently teamless
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Since I just tuned in....

can someone give me a little update on how 1323, 3129, 973, and 604 have done so far?

Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT | ['11-'12]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Mentor
AKA: Glenn
FRC #0359 (Hawaiian Kids)

Rookie Year: 2000
waialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
Since I just tuned in....

can someone give me a little update on how 1323, 3129, 973, and 604 have done so far?
http://www2.usfirst.org/2010comp/eve...chresults.html

Too bad I have to leave soon for a small vacation back to Vegas now.

2014 OZARK Mountain Brawl Champions, #1 seed.
2014 Hawaii Regional Champions, #1 seed, UL Safety Award
2014 Dallas Regional Champions, #1 seed, Engineering Excellence Award
2014 Northern Lights Regional Champions, #1 seed, Entrepreneurship Award
2013 Texas Robot Roundup Finalist
2013 Championship Dean's List Winner
2013 Hawaii Regional Finalist, #1 seed, Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Utah Regional Champion, #1 seed, KP&B Award, Deans List
2013 Boilermaker Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award
2012 Lone Star Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award
2012 Hawaii Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award

2011 NYC-Regional Champion, #1 seed, Chairman's Award, Safety Award
2011 Hawaii-Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award, Volunteer of the Year, Website Award
2011 Las Vegas-Regional Finalist, #2 seed, WFFA, KP&C Entrepreneurship Award,
2011 FRC World Championship-Championship Chairman's Award
2011 IRI-Tournament Champions

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: