OCCRA
Go to Post Arguing about the rules doesn't change them. Fighting doesn't change them-and neither does feeling righteous. - David66 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
AKA: Jacob Ward
FRC #1569 (Haywire Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2009
Roboham is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Utah Regional Music

Hey everyone who attended the Utah Regional:

Do any of you any of you know the name of the song, on saturday, that the one ref led everyone dancing in and then got the head ref and a couple of the other judges and refs to dance along to? I am trying to put together a playlist of all of the fun songs we had at the regional.

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. It was the one where we were jumping up and down and it was something like left arm up for two jumps, then right up, then both arms up. We repeated it a couple of times and then we turned in a similar fashion to that of the macarena or cha cha slide. and then repeated it several times.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2010, 12:24 AM
AKA: Cameron Parvini
FRC #1538 (The Holy Cows)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
HashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond reputeHashemReza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Utah Regional Music

Was that Cotton-Eyed Joe?
2010 San Diego Regional - Semi Finalists/Chairman's Award/Engineering Excellence
2009 IRI - Quarter Finalists/Design & Imagery Award
2009 Championships - Semi Finalists
2009 Vegas Regional - Semi Finalists/Imagery Award
2009 San Diego Regional - Finalists/Chairman's Award

Manager of Scouting and Game Strategy for Team 1538 The Holy Cows
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:12 AM
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Carol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't Cotton-Eyed Joe, but I don't know the name of the music. It was used at one point in the commercials for Great Adventure, NJ, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU2yt6wOoK0) if that helps.

The ref who led the dancing and I (and several other volunteers) are from MOE, who has been doing that dance for several years. We call it the Bernie dance, after the team member who got the dance from team 195. There is a long history to that dance - see this thread:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27938

(Those of you in FTC will recognize Tom as the MC at several events, including Atlanta).

I want to take the chance to say that the Utah audience was one of the most spirited that I have seen in a long time - but someone needs to teach them how to dance to Cotton Eyed Joe! The MOE contingent that was there all had a wonderful time and hope to come back next year.

MOE 2007 Chairman's Video by MOE video team and Paul Lazarus http://moe365.org/CHMN_AWD_video_2008.php
MOE 10-Year Video Celebration on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETcSMUBUqEs
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Don't Get EliMOEnated!
AKA: My First Name is really "The" (or Brian)
FRC #0365 (The Miracle Workerz); FRC#1495 (AGR); FRC#4342 (Demon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
The Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to The Lucas

"We Like To Party" by the Vengaboys
Of course you can figure that out from either the Youtube or Tom's 2004 thread linked in Carol's thread. The thread is worth a read, one of my all time favs. I miss Bernie and his crazy dancing.

Bernie was also a great head strategist for the team but dancing always was his true love. I remember one year after qual matches we were waiting for him to help us finalise the pick list for him to take on the field as the team rep. We went to look for him and found him dancing in the "mascot pit". We asked him to come to the meeting and he told us to hold on this song is almost done Classic Bernie!

Electrical & Programming Mentor ---Team #365 "The Miracle Workerz"
Founding Mentor --- Team #1495 Avon Grove High School
2007 CMP Chairman's Award - Thanks to all MOE members (and others) past and present who made it a reality.
Robot Inspector
"I don't think I'm ever more ''aware'' than I am right after I burn my thumb with a soldering iron"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: