OCCRA
Go to Post I'm always afraid of what the GDC will come up with... Their sanity is often questioned... :D - thefro526 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:02 AM
code monkey
FRC #1977 (Loveland High Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
timothyb89 will become famous soon enough
Any interest in raw FRC data?

Hey everyone,

After doing some browsing around here I came across some interest (ie, this post) in having the raw FRC data available for other use.

I currently have a large database of, well, pretty much everything at my disposal, consisting of everything we could scrounge off of the FIRST website. It includes specific info on each of the 1800-some teams, 52 events, and over 4000 matches that occurred in the 2010 season and statistics to go along with it (OPR/DPR, etc), and I'd be happy to generate a data dump of any parts people are interested in.

So I need to know a couple of things: is there any interest in this, and if so, what format would be most convenient?

Hope this can help someone out!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Ben
FRC #1510 (Wildcats)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
little.goetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Any interest in raw FRC data?

How do you currently store the data? An excel file or a sql database (etc.)? If it's possible, could you list specifically what you have? Is it individual points for each team/match, or is it detailed info on the specs of the bot (etc.)? I am interested, if the data is specific enough, to test our scouting system and such.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-29-2010, 04:02 AM
code monkey
FRC #1977 (Loveland High Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2009
timothyb89 will become famous soon enough

Currently it's stored as a db4o database- not likely to be something anyone can use as it stands. But it would be pretty trivial to export the data into a plain-text format (xml or otherwise).

As for what we've got... well, basically everything you see on frc-db, and slightly more. We can give a data dump of fairly detailed team information (everything from FIRST's team finder), event lists/dates/etc, match results, final standings... essentially a verbatim copy of these pages, for each event (sans the awards page, still working on that one).

Apart from that we have stats generated from these (OPR/DPR, BBQ, Sauce, etc). We would really *like* to have specific robot specs, but we lack an army of freshmen to keep track of the data. There are some plans floating around to get the data, but it'll likely be a while before that actually happens, unfortunately.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and we can figure out a format to export it!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Data Nerd
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS) (EWCP)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyb89 View Post
(sans the awards page, still working on that one).
What do you need on that one? I should still have my script that parsed them lying around somewhere if you are interested.

Planning to top a 4 banner year...
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Ben
FRC #1510 (Wildcats)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
little.goetz is an unknown quantity at this point

@timothyb89

I don't think we'll be able to use that currently. We're building a new scouting system from the ground up, and won't be able to encorporate qualitative data for awhile. I'll let you know when and if we need anything.

Thanks for asking.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Free Agent
AKA: Brennon Brimhall
no team

Rookie Year: 2012
brennonbrimhall is a name known to allbrennonbrimhall is a name known to allbrennonbrimhall is a name known to allbrennonbrimhall is a name known to allbrennonbrimhall is a name known to allbrennonbrimhall is a name known to all

I know that I would love the data in XML form.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: