OCCRA
Go to Post And - I would never ever underestimate a rookie. Ever. - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
FRC #1777

nealpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacement Battery for Classmate

I was wondering that since our Classmate PC's are still under 1 year warranty period, can we order a replacement battery for it?

I am not sure if you can do that but just want to make sure as our battery doesn't last long enough.

If not, is there any other place where I can get a cheap battery for the Classmate?

Thank You,

--- Neal Patel
--- Team 1777, Viking Robotics.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Team Welder and CAD tech
FRC #2052 (KnightKrawler)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2009
joek is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacement Battery for Classmate

it's highly unlikely that the problem is the battery, seeing as they're lithium-ion, they'll last longer than you will. are you sure that your charging it completely?
you might even be able to find a supplementary battery to extend the battery capacity

2012 Record (13-2-0)
lake superior regional finalists- thank you WAVE (2826) and Blue Twilight (2220)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacement Battery for Classmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealpatel View Post
I was wondering that since our Classmate PC's are still under 1 year warranty period, can we order a replacement battery for it?
On the Control System Page it has a link to the support page for where you could request warranty service. I do not know if the battery is covered, as they often have different terms.

You could also buy a replacement battery. http://www.ctlcorp.com/v4/p-811-6-ce...leron-eo9.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by joek View Post
it's highly unlikely that the problem is the battery, seeing as they're lithium-ion, they'll last longer than you will. are you sure that your charging it completely?
you might even be able to find a supplementary battery to extend the battery capacity
Lithium-ion batteries are actually one of the worst types of batteries for long term usage. See http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

Quote:
Aging of lithium-ion is an issue that is often ignored. A lithium-ion battery in use typically lasts between 2-3 years. The capacity loss manifests itself in increased internal resistance caused by oxidation. Eventually, the cell resistance reaches a point where the pack can no longer deliver the stored energy although the battery may still have ample charge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: