OCCRA
Go to Post I don't care what the team numbers said, on Friday there were no rookies there. - Taylor [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
AKA: Tom Indelicato, 811 Moderator, Mentor, Parent, ...
FRC #0811 (Cardinals)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2001
Mr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant futureMr_I has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Mr_I
Re: Rough Draft Posters

I like these a LOT, and may be tempted to borrow the idea. (Actually, they're way better than the "engineer designed" ones that we've used for a few years!) In exchange for potential plagerism, feel free to borrow our team's motto:

"It's NOT Just A Robot Thing!"
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:56 AM
The Voice
AKA: David Thomas
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to synth3tk

Thank you, Thomas, feel free to take that idea. I'm glad people like these. I'm thinking about creating a website, and putting that URL on the posters instead of my team's site. Make a bit of a campaign out of it.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2010, 10:55 AM
499 Founder / Alamo FTC & FLL AP
no team
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2001
Andrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schuetze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth3tk View Post
Thank you, Thomas, feel free to take that idea. I'm glad people like these. I'm thinking about creating a website, and putting that URL on the posters instead of my team's site. Make a bit of a campaign out of it.
It would be great if more teams would post their recruitment posters all in one gallery and allow others to modify and adjust for their purposes. See some not so great or okay posters that I put up on C.D. some years back with also drew upon some posters by the FireBirds.

2007-2008 academic year posters

2006-2007 academic year posters

FireBirds 2005 posters

Founder / mentor FRC 499
Proud Parent FRC 2745 & 4219
Alamo FTC Affiliate Partner
Alamo FLL Affiliate Partner
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2010, 01:58 PM
The Voice
no team

synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I definitely plan on posting the .doc files for people to modify themselves. I just don't want to do that until I've received the input from CD, my team, random high school students, and administration.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:47 AM
The Voice
no team

Alright, here's the latest round of changes. These will be presented to the school's new principal in a few hours, so wish me luck! I'll be posting the Word files on CD later today for anyone who wants to use them.

I'm also working on the website this week. Thinking about using the ever-popular QR Code on the posters, so people can load the site on their phones.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 Rethink Fun.pdf (326.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf 2011 Rethink Positions.pdf (198.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf 2011 Rethink Scholarships.pdf (162.0 KB, 17 views)
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Control Systems Mentor
AKA: David
FRC #4096 (Ctrl-Z)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Dkt01 will become famous soon enough

Great improvement. I like the quick facts so anyone can read them while passing in the halls.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
The Voice
no team

As promised, here are the Word files: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2411

I'm probably not done with our (964) posters, but I think they're at least at the point where I can share them with you all. I may do one or two more for this year. There's also a website in the works, which should be up in the next month or so. The idea behind it would be that anyone at CD can use them on any of their advertising material. I'll probably ask for some ideas and suggestions for that once I get closer to launching it.

I really appreciate all of the input in this thread. That's one of the reasons why CD is so great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: